Unicorn

Unicorn

 

“Wah, my Lay~ I love my Lay~ So huggable, he is,” Suho cooed as he clutched ‘His Lay’ to him closely, giggling to himself unbeknownst to a certain someone staring at him oddly in the doorway of the bedroom.

Not being able to take this any longer, the male in the doorway finally made himself known, his voice wavering as he asked his simple question, “What the hell are you doing?”

Lay—the real Lay—in the doorway looked so deadpanned and a little freaked out at the elder male squishing a unicorn pillow pet to his chest. Startled, Suho shot up into a sitting position in bed throwing the unicorn pillow pet at the person who scared him, hitting Lay in the face right and center.

“Uh…Uh…,” Suho stammered, clearly embarrassed that he had been caught in such a…strange manner. He rarely let people see him act so silly like that.

“Did you name that unicorn Lay?” the real Lay asked, pointing at the pillow pet on the floor at his feet.

“Um, yes,” Suho admitted, not knowing what else to say. “I like that pillow…and it reminded me of you…because you’re a unicorn—well, obviously not a real unicorn, but in the group you are—you get what I mean. I was…I was just being silly.”

“Clearly,” Lay muttered, picking up the pillow and tossing it back to Suho awkwardly. “You can…I’ll leave you to continue whatever it was you were doing…”

“Okay…,” Suho answered, taking the pillow and setting in on the bed beside him, not really wanting to hug it anymore after this embarrassing encounter.

“Oh,” Lay added, stopping in the doorway to look back at Suho, “If you ever feel lonely, you can always just come to me you know. You don’t need to substitute me with fake unicorn.”

Suho felt his cheeks warm and coughed in emnbarrassment, “S-Sure thing, Yixing. S-See you later.”

“Bye.”

Suho stared at the unicorn pillow pet for a minute before throwing it across the room. He rolled over on his side, burying his face in his blankets, pondering what had just happened.

What…actually happened anyway?