Bookworms

Big Bang oneshots/scenarios

A frown marred the harmony of your facial features. Puzzlement showed in your eyes. It was odd, you had been sure that you had seen the novel you wanted right here. It was only this morning. You cursed on the inside. You knew you should have taken it when you saw it. But of course you had allowed your idiot friend to convince you that it would still be here when you returned. Aish. Never again would you let her override your thoughts on anything. Never again.

 

The library only had one copy of the book so you’d have to wait until the person who had it brought it back. You allowed yourself a minute to grieve the death of your weekend reading plans before deciding to search for another book.  You pulled books out, read their blurbs and put them back or added them to your growing pile according to your taste. You became engrossed in the process of singling out the ones that were most appealing. You could only take two of them and the library would be closed for the entire weekend. You had to choose wisely.

 

It came down to Northanger Abbey, Naamah’s Curse, Into The Woods and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest. How would you choose? Northanger Abbey sounded awesome. They all sounded awesome in their own right. You sighed and put Into The Woods back on the shelf. It sounded like a good read but the other three were more appealing.  Now you just had to choose between the remaining three. That should be fairly simple.

 

You underestimated your ability to complicate decisions. Fifteen minutes went by without your being able to make up your mind. You briefly considered leaving all three and spending the weekend watching Grey’s Anatomy. You started to walk out, your heel and matched back to the table. No. You were going to choose. Even if it took all afternoon.

 

“Yo. The library’s closing in five. You need to get your stuff and get gone,” someone said, their voice an unwelcome intrusion into your bubble.

 

“Aye, girl in blue, did you hear me?” There it was again, the voice.

 

“Man, bookworms are the worst,” the owner of the voice sighed and you made out the sound of someone stomping in your direction.

 

You were holding all three books, biting your lip as you tried to decide. You had heard the dude talking but hadn’t wanted to waste time answering him. You looked at the covers for a long second before shoving Naamah’s Kiss back into its place. Moving  quick to prevent yourself from changing your mind you went up to the main desk and went through the process of taking the books out.  You put them in your bag and left, walking down the wooden stairs slowly.

 

You were half a block away when you heard someone calling your name. You turned around and spotted the guy from the library. He was running full speed towards you, looking a bit like a character from a TV drama. When he caught up he was panting. He pulled his backpack off his back, opened the biggest section and pulled out Naamah’s Kiss. You were puzzled when he shoved it into your hands.

 

“You should read it. I took it for you. On my card,” he managed to explain between pants.

 

“Why would you do that?”

 

“It’s a really good book.”

 

“Umm, thanks, I guess,” you replied.

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

“I like to read, too,” he admitted, looking at the ground.

 

“But I thought you didn’t like bookworms,” you retorted, recalling his statement from before.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“You don’t?”

 

“Nope. I have no clue what you’re talking about,” he said with a smile that made his eyes turn into tiny slits. “As a matter of fact, this is the first time I’m seeing you or talking to you.”

 

“My mother told me not to talk to strange men,” you decided to play along for the moment.

 

“I won’t be a strange man for long. My name is Dong Youngbae. I’m 21 years old,” he stated.

 

“And you are?” He prodded when you didn’t respond.

 

“Leaving. Goodbye, Youngbae.”

 

…..

 

“That is not how it happened!” Youngbae yelled.

 

“That’s how I remember it,” you yelled back.

 

“I don’t even know why we bother. Every time someone asks how they met, this happens. Noona tells the story, hyung says it happened differently, they argue and then nine months later they have another member to add to their family. They’ve been together for six years and we still haven’t gotten the full story,” Seungi commented.

 

Jiyong smacked the maknae out of habit and leaned against the wall. This time, his camera was fully charged. He was going to get the entire argument filmed.  Daesung  and Seunghyun were on the couch being used as pillows by you and Youngbae’s three children.