Chapter 7

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” ― Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever

----------

 

“Hey Soo, are you there?”

“Huh…? Sorry I was dozing off…” Sooyoung shook her head, “So how was your day?” She smiled to her webcam; she was having a conversation with Kris through Skype.

Kris shrugged, “My day is just so-so. What about you?” Kris looked at her face intently, “You seem… Tired. Got any trouble?”

Sooyoung shook her head again, “No, no, I’m okay, it’s just… I’ve got too many things to do. You know, college stuffs.”

Kris chuckled, “Should I help you?”

Now it was Sooyoung’s turn to chuckle, “I’m taking literature, you’re taking medical. Now tell me how can you help me?”

“Hey,” Kris protested with silly grin plastered on his face, “I’m good at everything! Now tell me what you don’t understand.”

“Okay, Mister, let’s see how you do this,” Sooyoung grinned, “I was told by my professor to choose a poem from The New Dragon Book of Verse. To be analyzed. What should I choose?”

Kris was flabbergasted, “Choose a what from a… what?!” His eyes went round.

Sooyoung laughed, “A poem, Kris, from The New Dragon Book of Verse. Now give me some recommendation.”

Kris was thinking seriously, his eyebrows were furrowed, “Well… Miss Choi, you better choose the poem that has the story of the dragon in it… The one that has the dragon and the flying thing… You know?” He gave her a serious look.

Sooyoung laughed loudly, “Okay… Pffttt… Hahaha…” Her eyes were teary due to an excessive laughter and she was clutching on her stomach, “Enough, Kris.” She was still laughing.

Kris grinned apologetically, “But it sounds… okay! The flying dragon story in the new dragon book…”

Sooyoung looked at him with an amused expression on her face and laughter never really left her lips, “Oh you mood booster.”

“What did you say?” He raised his eyebrow.

“Nothing,” She smiled cheerfully, finally able to stop laughing.

Kris was looking at her intently while smiling a little, “I miss you, Sooyoung.” His gaze softened.

Sooyoung blinked rapidly, “Say that again.”

“I said I miss you,” Kris repeated and sighed, “You don’t know how hard it is without you by my side.”

Sooyoung wanted so much to hold his hand, to hug him, to comfort him… But what could she do? They were separated thousands of miles away.

“Don’t you miss me?” Kris pouted.

Sooyoung glared at him, “Stop doing the pouting!”

Kris laughed, “Okay, okay.”

They felt silent for a few moments until Sooyoung said, “I miss you too, Kris.”

“I can’t believe I have spent two years already without you beside me,” Kris said.

“I know,” Sooyoung answered shortly, “Time sure flies.”

“I can’t wait to go back to Korea and see you again.” He said, “It’s kinda difficult… You know… Live a life without you.”

“Hey,” Sooyoung continued, “You are seeing me right now! Don’t be such a melancholic guy.” She grinned.

His lips formed a small smile, “But I’m serious, Soo. You’re a part of me and I can’t live without you.”

----------

 

“Unnie…” Yoona’s voice brought Sooyoung back to reality, “Unnie are you okay?”

“Huh?” Sooyoung gasped and raised her head to face Yoona.

“You look… pale.” Yoona was looking at her with a concerned expression on her face, “Do you rest well these days?”

Sooyoung smiled a little, “Well… I… Uh…”

“Hey, guys,” a voice chimed in and Luhan showed up. He took his seat in front of Sooyoung. “Everything’s okay?”

Sooyoung nodded while Yoona was still looking at her, concerned. “You’re so pale, unnie. Are you sure you’re okay? Want me to take you to see a doctor or…?”

Sooyoung laughed, “No, Yoong, you’re exaggerating. I’m perfectly fine.”

“You know, Soo, you do look pale. Have you taken enough rest? Did you overwork yourself again?” Luhan said while looking at Sooyoung intently.

“No, not you too!” Sooyoung shook her head in amusement, “I’m fine, perfectly fine.”

“Well, if you say so, unnie,” Yoona said, giving up. She checked the time and frowned, “My class is about to start. I… better get going then. See you two later?”  Yoona then bid the two goodbyes.

“I think I should go to the library too,” Sooyoung got up from her seat, “I need to do some research about this paper I make.”

Luhan quickly stood up, “I don’t have classes now. I think I’m going with you.”

Sooyoung laughed, “No need to be that worried, Luhan.”

Luhan grinned, “Who says I’m worried? I have my own things to do there. Now come on.” He led their way to the library.

As they walked to the library together, Sooyoung suddenly felt her head was very heavy and her sight was blurring. Before she realized it, she fell down. The last thing she heard before she fainted was Luhan screaming her name, “Sooyoung!”

----------

 

Sooyoung thought she was seeing things as she saw something sparkling right before her eyes. A star! She thought. She opened her eyes a little, frowned, and blinked a few times. There came a totally new view to her, white curtains, some beds. She blinked again and then she realized that she was in a room in a hospital. Her head was freakingly heavy and her left hand was stiff. She turned her head to her left and saw a sleeping figure with his head on top of her bed and his hand grasping hers. She easily recognized his sandy hair. Kris? She thought. But then realization hit her, it can’t be him… Kris is not here. She looked at the person again. It was Luhan.

Sooyoung took a glance outside the window and saw that the sky had turned dark. It was night time already. I fainted, Sooyoung sighed. Sooyoung looked at Luhan once again and saw that the boy was still sleeping soundly. He looks very tired, she thought. She didn’t want to wake him up. She looked at her left hand that he was grasping. Sooyoung decided to let it be, since it would probably wake him up if she pulled her hand.

Sooyoung moved her body a little, and apparently, that woke Luhan up. The boy raised his head and rubbed his eyes, “Sooyoung? You’re up? Are you feeling better?”

Sooyoung smiled a little, “Yes. Thank you, Luhan.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter