Chapter Nine

Elementary

They walk back to the motel in a relative silence - Sehun still slightly off guard from the club’s crazy atmosphere, Luhan pensive as usual and Jongin cockier than usual. The night air is refreshing and Sehun thinks he’d much rather enjoy the scenery with Luhan than stay indoors in some stuffy dancehall.

 

“You know, she hinted they might break up soon and I should ‘stop by her place’ sometime.” Jongin says this in a casual tone but nudges Sehun as if he didn’t pick up on the implicit invitation.

 

Sehun only gives him a look in return. He isn’t sure exactly how straight Jongin is, but definitely not nearly as much as he pretends to be. Two terms, “high school” and “bathroom,” prove quite the opposite.

 

“Jealous?” Jongin teases and Sehun flushes in embarrassment because no, definitely not. He was over that years ago. He glances at Luhan, who doesn’t seem to be following the conversation at all, instead in one of his frequent “investigative” moods.

 

They pass by a convenience store and Jongin stops. “Hold on, I’ll be back in a minute,” he says, heading towards the entrance. Sehun and Luhan don’t have any other option but to stand outside and wait as he browses around with a sort of excited air that Sehun knows all too well.

 

Luhan notices. “What is he doing?” Sehun isn’t quite sure and is about to answer, but it’s a bit too late as Jongin walks out of the store, carrying a paper bag.

 

“What’d you buy?” Sehun asks and Jongin smiles secretively.

 

“You’ll see.”

 

Sehun isn’t sure if he should be worried or not.

 

The motel room is just as they left it and Sehun is glad no one stopped by to rifle through their luggage. After all, in a shady place like this, he doubts the security is top-notch. He sits down on the bed as Jongin puts the paper bag on the side table with a dull clunk. Sehun stares at it with vague curiosity.

 

He turns to face them. “Have you ever played Spin the Bottle before?”

 

“No. What is it?” Luhan asks, an answer that Sehun fully expects. Of course Sehun’s played Spin the Bottle at parties before, like most other teenagers did in high school, but Luhan wasn’t exactly the social type back then. He still isn’t.

 

Jongin’s grin widens. “It’s just a game. You spin the bottle and you get to kiss whoever it points to. If you don’t want to, then you down a shot of beer.”

 

Luhan furrows his brow, as if attempting to understand exactly what the point of this sort of game could be. “Interesting concept.”

 

“You do realize there are only three people here,” Sehun says flatly.

 

“Yes, so? Are you too chicken or what?”

 

Sehun secretly fumes because he can’t believe Jongin is resorting to immature high school tactics to force him into this. Also because those tactics actually work on him, even though he’s technically past that age. He is an adult now, a completely independent, mature human being who is totally not susceptible to peer pressure - oh who is he kidding? He has his pride to defend.

 

Luhan observes this with a note of hesitation. “It’ll be fun,” Jongin says reassuringly. “Come on, it’s not like anything bad’s going to happen. You need to live a little. Kissing is good practice. Or, you know, downing shots is good practice too. You need to learn how to hold your alcohol.”

 

Luhan seems to consider this for a moment. “Okay.” Sehun gapes at him for a few moments, because what the frick Luhan what are you doing do you realize how evil Jongin is he’s trying to get me to kiss you and WHY ARE YOU NOT RESPONDING.

 

“Excellent.” Jongin grabs the paper bag and pulls out a large bottle of vodka, along with three cheap plastic shot glasses. “Who wants to go first?”

 

Jongin is only asking that question for show, because he’s already handed the bottle off to Sehun, who looks at it awkwardly. He half-heartedly places it on the floor and spins it. The neck of the bottle ends up pointing at the space between him and Jongin. He assumes it counts.

 

“Looks like it’s me this round. C’mere babe,” Jongin says jokingly, making a suggestive ‘come hither’ gesture that Sehun thinks is unnecessary.

 

Sehun makes a face and leans forward as if to pick up the bottle. “No thanks, I’d rather drink.”

 

“You can’t hold your alcohol,” Jongin snickers, “because remember the last time you drank? You ended up on the floor giggling like a five year old - ”

 

Sehun has the sudden memory of being drunk in that situation and crying over Luhan, so he shuts Jongin up by turning around and kissing him on the lips. It’s short and rather awkward and not really much of a kiss (more of a peck), but it counts.

 

Luhan appears quite surprised at the sudden turn of events. Maybe even a little bit hurt, but Sehun alludes that to the lighting of the room.

 

“Getting the idea?” Jongin asks, smacking his lips as if he actually got something out of the kiss. Sehun sighs and decides that this game is an incredibly stupid idea. He should’ve already learned that anything Jongin suggests “for fun” often leads to less than desirable situations. Like that time in highschool with the chocolate syrup in the cafeteria... Sehun shakes his head.

 

Luhan suddenly grabs the bottle and spins it around with a little more force than necessary. It lands directly at Sehun.

 

Sehun gulps. Jongin snickers and raises his eyebrows at him, like he’s saying see, I got you what you wanted right?

 

“I’ll take a shot,” Luhan announces rather loudly before Sehun’s heart even has time to react and attempt to explode. Sehun resigns himself to staring sullenly at the floorboards. He shouldn’t have expected anything.

 

This game might not be good logistically speaking, but in terms of getting people smashed with little to no effort, it ranks quite high. The only person who looks remotely sober after the tenth or so spin is Jongin, mostly because he never passes up a chance to kiss either of them. Which Sehun is really not happy about, but the irritation fades after his third drink.

 

Luhan takes several shots the next few rounds, and although Sehun comforts himself with the fact that Luhan refuses to kiss Jongin too, he still feels like he’s sinking in an ocean of despair. He’s gone three times already and although one of those times the bottle pointed to Luhan, he was much too embarrassed to make a move, opting for a shot instead. He’s just about to give up and leave the game before he can’t take the rejection anymore when he realizes that Luhan has always been quite terrible at holding his alcohol and that he currently looks very, very drunk.

 

Sehun quickly discovers that he’s also not immune to the effects of alcohol, as he’s pretty sure the walls weren’t moving last time he checked. Jongin’s smirk seems magnified as he passes Sehun the now half-empty bottle. Sehun fumbles for a moment (when did that bottle become so difficult to hold?) before spinning it. Luhan. Sehun looks up and meets his gaze. Luhan has reverted back into his carefree, in-between-cases personality, smiling and cheeks slightly flushed.

 

But Sehun remembers that it’s because Luhan is drunk and not because he actually likes Sehun or wants to kiss him. So with reluctance, he takes another shot despite the complaints of his already impaired mind. He’s going to have a killer hangover in the morning.

 

Next is Luhan’s turn and considering there’s a fifty-fifty chance of it landing on Sehun, he’s not surprised when it does. What he is surprised about is the way Luhan doesn’t ask for a shot and instead leans over, pulling Sehun forward by the collar of his shirt.

 

“Um,” Sehun manages to say, before Luhan’s lips are on his and it takes him a few frozen moments to realize that Lu ing han is kissing him and holy -

 

And Sehun feels unbearably guilty for responding because Luhan is clearly not in his right mind and this is taking advantage but he’s so warm and his lips are so soft and Sehun should really stop but nope, he wraps his arms around Luhan and kisses back furiously, until they’re both nearly lying on the floor.

 

Jongin snickers and Sehun suddenly remembers that there’s someone else in the room with them. That information takes a few seconds to reach his brain and only a fraction of a second for him to ignore it because he’s content to stay right where he is. But wait - he’s kissing Luhan and this isn’t how it’s supposed to be (in other words, this is perfectly how it’s supposed to be except for the fact that Sehun is pretty sure Luhan doesn’t love him so it doesn’t work out) -

 

He breaks away from Luhan and tries to control his conflicting feelings because part of him just wants to kiss Luhan again. Luhan pouts at him and Sehun is just about to give in before his mind catches up and he realizes that this is probably Luhan’s first kiss. And he might regret it because it was Sehun and not someone else, someone more on his level - like Jongin.

 

Sehun forces himself to not follow that train of thought again. It’s only a kiss and they’re all adults, they can brush it off. It’s not some stupid ‘love at first sight’ teenage romance. Except with Luhan, it’s hard to tell what importance he’d put on it. Sehun remembers how Luhan cried for hours after his pet goldfish died and cringes. He hopes this doesn’t elicit the same reaction.

 

He decides he’ll worry about that in the morning because he’s really tired and the floor is a lot softer than he remembered. And Luhan is soft cuddled against him. And Jongin looks like he’s about to die from laughter. Sehun vaguely recalls that he’s drunk and that he should feel a lot more panicked at the moment, but sleep is the answer to everything so he promptly decides to pass out.


And does.


 

LOOK WE FINALLY UPDATED YAY lu ing han needs to stop being so attractive and that is all i have to say um i hope you guys enjoyed the hunhan kiss hehehehe