2/2

Business Trips and Stars

 

                Luhan’s heart was pounding like crazy. Any moment, he’d walk through the doors after customs and Sehun would be there waiting for him. Luhan wondered if his hair was still that same brown it had been, or maybe he’d dyed it. Maybe he’d returned it to its natural color. Had he grown taller? Fatter?

                Was there any chance he’d still like Luhan?

                His bag finally appeared on the carousel, and he picked it up with shaky fingers as he made his way through the doors. There was a crowd of people, all clamoring to see where their relative or friend or client was, and Luhan couldn’t see anyone in all the mess. Where was Sehun?

                “Luhan!” he heard a voice cry, and he didn’t have time to turn around before Sehun was enveloping him in a warm hug.

                Maybe he was just imagining it, but he thought he felt lips brush his temple.

                And then Sehun was pulling back, grabbing one of Luhan’s bags out of his hands.

                “How are you?” he asked, and Luhan couldn’t help but smile wide.

                “I’m—I’m really good,” Luhan replied jauntily.

                “The flight wasn’t bad?” Sehun wondered, and Luhan shook his head, still grinning.

                “It was fine,” he said. “Thanks for picking me up! It’s great to see you again after all these years. You’ve barely changed.”

                “Thank you,” Sehun laughed, and Luhan loved his smile. “You haven’t either. I still mean everything I ever said about how handsome you are.”

                “I distinctly remember that you never used the word ‘handsome.’ ‘Beautiful’ is what I’m used to,” Luhan chuckled, and Sehun nodded in acceptance of that fact.

                Luhan knew they were flirting. He knew it, and he knew not to make the same mistake Kris had made with Tao.                

                “So where’s your boyfriend?” Luhan asked, hoping that if Sehun did have a boyfriend, the question would catch him off-guard.

                “I don’t have one,” Sehun replied with no air of lying. “Where’s yours?”

                “Also nonexistent,” Luhan said, and Sehun’s smile grew. He walked with a new spring in his step, which Luhan found utterly adorable even six years later.

                “Are you up for doing anything today? There’s supposedly something going on at the park near my apartment that I think could be interesting,” Sehun offered, and Luhan gladly accepted.

                A car ride later and they were walking through a park. It was mostly grassy with a few trees here and there. Children were running around happily, people were running by listening to music, and couples with a dog would pass them every few minutes.

                “So,” Sehun said, “what kind of business are you in again?” Luhan looked up nervously (how was it possible that Sehun had grown even taller since they’d last met?) and smiled.

                “Entrepreneurship?” Luhan replied tentatively, and Sehun almost laughed.

                “Is it true that you run a bar?” Sehun wondered as a child ran past them laughing. Luhan watched the child run off and turned back to Sehun.

                “Yeah. How did you know?”

                “I heard it from Xiumin about a year ago. And he heard it from his friend Sungmin, who’s friends with the guy you apparently run the bar with. He had an English name…”

                “Henry,” Luhan nodded. “Yeah.” Sehun’s pace as they walked slowed down, and he looked at Luhan with a strange expression.

                “So, are you and Henry an item then?” he asked in an extremely unconvincing casual tone.

                “I told you I don’t have a boyfriend,” Luhan laughed, but Sehun’s expression didn’t change.

                “He doesn’t have to be your boyfriend for you two to be an item,” Sehun informed Luhan, but Luhan smiled.

                “Henry is very straight and very taken, so even if I wanted him I couldn’t have him,” Luhan said, and he felt like he was reassuring Sehun, which was an extremely pleasant feeling. He smiled at Sehun, whose face was dusted with an attractive shade of pink.

                Another pink thing caught his eye, and he looked ahead to see balloons in all shades of pink and red in the hands of a girl who was also clad in rosy hues.

                “Sehun, look!” Luhan pointed out. “She’s selling balloons! Should we get one?”

                “I guess,” Sehun laughed, and Luhan smiled brightly at him. The approached the girl, who immediately stepped towards them.

                “Happy Valentine’s day!” she cried. “Would you like to buy a balloon?”

                Luhan blinked. Valentine’s day? Valentine’s day?

                “It’s Valentine’s day?” he asked, and the girl looked at him like he was crazy.

                “Luhan, it is February fourteenth,” Sehun said, turning even pinker. “You didn’t remember that today was Valentine’s day?”

                “I…haven’t celebrated it in a while,” he admitted. He quickly turned to the girl. “Two, please.” She confusedly handed Luhan two balloons in exchange for a few bills, and Luhan gave one of the balloons to Sehun. “Happy Valentine’s day, then.”

                “You too,” Sehun replied, watching Luhan’s face, which Luhan was sure had turned red.

                The park had started to clear of children as the sun set, and only couples were left. Luhan probably wouldn’t have been so nonchalant about flirting with Sehun if he’d known that it was Valentine’s day, but now that he knew, he was more affected than ever by Sehun’s presence.

                Their fingers brushed for a split second as they walked side by side, and Luhan looked up with wide eyes. Sehun was determinedly avoiding his gaze, but Luhan just smiled. He looked back down at his feet, his grin permanently plastered to his face, and noticed something glowing on the ground.

                “Sehun!” Luhan cried, watching the trail of glowsticks as they led down the winding path of the park. “They’re leading to something. Can we go look?”

                “Sure,” Sehun smiled, and Luhan took a deep breath before grabbing for Sehun’s hand and pulling him alongside the glowsticks. Sehun held his hand tighter, and once again, Luhan had to smile.

                Maybe this whole getting-back-together-with-your-ex was actually a thing, and maybe Luhan was getting extremely lucky.

                They followed the glowstick-lit path and happened upon a bustling square in the middle of the park, brightly lit with fairy lights and glowsticks of every color. Music was blaring out of glowing boom boxes, and the poles holding up the lights, as well as the tables and chairs arranged around the square were all covered in festive duct tape.

                “Wow,” Sehun breathed, still holding Luhan’s hand. “Should we go see what it is?”

                “Yeah,” Luhan said, and they walked together towards the square. Everyone was paired off into couples, most men and women, but there were some couples that were just female and a few that were just male.

                “Alright, everyone!” someone cried, and Luhan and Sehun looked up. A young man was clapping his hands. “We’re going to start the couple dance contest now. Whoever can impress the most people in five minutes gets a room at the Starlight Hotel in Seoul for one week, all expenses paid! If you’re entering the contest, please come up here.”

                A room at a hotel for a week with Sehun sounded absolutely fantastic to Luhan. He thought that and he also thought about the fact that that would be far overstepping his bounds. (As if he’d had any bounds in mind when he’d scheduled the trip.)

                “We should enter, just for fun,” Luhan compromised with himself. “I hope you still like dancing.”

                “I do,” Sehun said. “We could do it, just for fun.” He smiled at Luhan as they got in line.

                Minutes later, they were dancing like never before, and Luhan had the distinct feeling that this wasn’t just for fun. They were both dancing to win.

                Sehun still had that beat in his body, the one that had seduced Luhan so many summers ago. He looked like a god when he was dancing; sensual and y and graceful and powerful all at once, and Luhan had never been able to resist Sehun’s rhythmic charm.

                Luhan sidled up to him as his body matched the beat of Sehun’s. Sehun’s gaze was intense and full of an emotion that Luhan couldn’t quite place, but it was one that Luhan liked.

               They were blowing all the other couples away, and some had even stopped dancing just to watch Sehun and Luhan. Luhan wasn’t paying attention to any of them, though. He was paying attention to Sehun and Sehun only. Even his own existence barely registered to him, because Sehun was all he could think about.

                The five minutes ended, and Sehun and Luhan were the only ones left dancing.

                “I think it’s clear who our winners are,” the young man announced with a laugh, and everyone cheered. “Congratulations! Here are your vouchers for your week at the hotel. Enjoy,” he said with a wink. Luhan took the envelope and looked up at Sehun, who was still watching Luhan carefully.

                “We won,” Luhan whispered, and Sehun nodded. Suddenly, people crowded around Sehun and Luhan, congratulating them and complimenting them on their dancing. A few asked “are you together?” but Luhan and Sehun couldn’t answer as they forced their way out of the crowd.

                They walked back down the glowstick lit path and didn’t speak as they went further and further into the park, everything dark now that the sun had set.

                “,” Sehun said quietly. “Luhan, I’m just going to say it. Stop me if I weird you out, but I am still ing in love with you. I have been this entire time, and when I heard about Tao and Kris, I thought…and then you contacted me and…you came to Seoul and I can’t help but hope that maybe…”

                Luhan grabbed both of Sehun’s hands tight, looking up into his eyes frantically.

                “I came back for you,” Luhan said. “I came back for you because I feel the exact same way.”

                “Actually? Wait, for real?” Sehun asked, starting to smile. “This can’t be real. It’s been six years.”

                “Why did we even break up?” Luhan asked.

                “I thought you didn’t love me anymore,” Sehun replied, and Luhan almost choked.

                “I thought you didn’t love me anymore!” Luhan cried. “Sehun, Sehun, Sehun!”

                “Can I kiss you? Please say yes,” Sehun said, and Luhan laughed.

                “We have a voucher for a week at a hotel. I think that we’ll be doing a lot more than kissing,” Luhan said, and they both laughed before Sehun took Luhan’s face in his hands and kissed him, and suddenly the world was a whole lot brighter than just a glowstick-lit path.

                A few days later, Luhan was sitting half- on a bed in the Starlight Hotel when he realized he had a very important phone call to make.

                “Henry?” Luhan said.

                “Luhan! Headed home soon? How’s our bet?” Henry asked, and Luhan smirked as Sehun’s lips pressed against his neck.

                “I’ll be staying in Seoul for a little longer,” Luhan laughed, and Henry sounded like he choked.

                “Luhan! But what about—”

                “Sorry,” Luhan smiled. “Bye, Henry.”

                “Is he okay with it?” Sehun asked, and Luhan smiled.

                “Too bad if he’s not,” Luhan replied, kissing his boyfriend fervently. Luhan loved the way Sehun kissed him and held him and touched him. He vaguely thought, as Sehun meshed their lips together for the millionth time that week, that if Tao and Kris had been fated, he and Sehun must have been written in the stars. 


A/N: Here's the Baekyeol spinoff~