~soar throat & a movie~

~ The Burning And The Lovely ~

 

It's winter and outside it's already freezing cold. Snow is lying in thick masses on the ground. In almost every garden you see snowmen and everyone is wrapped in many layers of clothes. It's early afternoon and Jonghyun's sitting in a small cafe across from his apartment. He's drinking his Latte and reads the newspaper. Just the moment he looked up and watched the street in front of the cafe, Minhyuk saunters in a thick black winter coat and a bright green scarf, which covered half of his face by. Minhyuk walked into the cafe.

“Thank god he didn't see me!”, Jonghyun mumbled and tried to hide behind his newspaper. But that didn't seem to work. Just when he thought he was safe, someone sat down in front of him. As he looked up curiously to see who that person was, a disappointed sigh escaped from his lips.

“Minhyuk. Hi.”, he said slothful.

Minhyuk looked at him and smiled, if you could call it a 'smile'. His bright green scarf, which he wrapped a few times almost around his whole face, prevented Jonghyun to make out if he was smiling or not.

“What are you doing here?”, Jonghyun asked with a little bit of curiosity.

Minhyuk just looked at him, pointed with his finger to his scarf and wagged with his hands back and forth.

“You have sore throat?”, Jonghyun asked spiteful.

Minhyuk gave a nod and gave the snow out of the window an angry look. Jonghyun just couldn't help himself and began to laugh a little bit. Since Minhyuk couldn't start a conversation with him, he savored his coffee in silence and continued reading his newspaper. Jonghyun had to admit that he NEVER enjoyed Minhyuk's company as much as today. Minhyuk sat silently on his chair and spoke no words. He just looked calmly out of the window and slurped occasionally on his hot tea. Just when Jonghyun finally finished his coffee and his newspaper and wanted to stand up and go, he noticed that Minhyuk fell asleep on his chair. A small smile came across Jonghyun's face. Silently he sneaked up to him and caressed his cheek. “Wakey wakey sleepyhead!”, he whispered into Minhyuk's ear. Minhyuk blinked a few times and looked straight into Jonghyun's bright face. He looked at him with big, sleepy eyes and smiled softly. When both made their way out of the cafe, Jonghyun took Minhuyk's hand and dragged him with him. Minhyuk stared at their entwined hand and smiled into his scarf. Jonghyun pulled him into his apartment and wrapped the bright green scarf from Minhyuk's neck. When he was finished he laid his forehead on Minhyuk's. Minhyuk looked at him with surprise in his eyes.

“Looks like you have a fever.”, Jonghyun said and smiled slightly. He sat Minhyuk on his couch and disappeared into his kitchen. Minhyuk sat slumberous there and waited for Jonghyun's return. Few minutes later Jonghyun came back with a warm cup of tea and a small plate of his homemade fish-soup. He placed both items on the coffee table in front of the couch.

“Dig in!”, Jonghyun said and looked eagerly at Minhyuk.

Minhyuk lost himself in Jonghyun's bright eyes and needed a few minutes until Jonghyun's call came through. Slowly he grabbed the spoon which was in the plate, and tried the soup. But since the soup still was utterly hot he began to cough.

“You have to blow, silly!”, Jonghyun scolded him and patted his head softly. Minhyuk looked sadly at him. Suddenly Jonghyun kneeled down on front of him and took the spoon.

“Open your mouth!”, Jonghyun commanded and blew on the spoon. Minhyuk looked shyly at him and opened his mouth. Jonghyun smiled and caressed his cheek as reward. This made Minhyuk smile brightly. Once the plate was empty, Jonghyun brought it back to the kitchen.

“What do you think about watching a movie?” Jonghyun asked when he came back from the kitchen.

Minhyuk nodded as reply. Jonghyun quickly got a blanket, a few more pillows, made a bowl full with popcorn, grabbed another cup of tea for Minhyuk and changed into his PJ's. Before he changed though, he threw a tank top, a vest and some jogging pants to Minhyuk.

“Put this on!”, Jonghyun shouted.

When Jonghyun returned to the living room , he saw how Minhyuk pulled like crazy on the zipper of his vest.

“What are you doing?”, Jonghyun asked amused.

He made his way over to him, grabbed both ends of the vest and zipped it in one go. Minhyuk looked at him in disbelief.

“I choose what we're watching!”, Jonghyun said with an angry looking face. Minhyuk pouted a bit but nodded in approval.

The movie began, and just as Minhyuk feared it was a horror movie. One of those kinds were you're already get scared of from the opening credits. Minhyuk, huddled under the blankets, was already ready at any moment to hide fully under the them. Jonghyun on the opposite, sat straightly and was eager for the movie to begin. When Jonghyun looked over to Minhyuk and saw how the boy huddled under the blankets, he slid next to him and put his arms around him. Minhyuk looked surprised at him. He didn't expect that at all. Just when he looked at the TV again, he let out a croak and hid under the blankets.

“Relax!”, Jonghyun said smiling and patted his shoulders. Minhyuk peeked out under the blankets just to hide again. When the movie finally ended, Minhyuk sat up and looked over to Jonghyun. He was already asleep and laid there like a dead cat. Minhyuk smiled and laid down on him.

“Minhyuk?”, Jonghyun whispered.

“Hmm.”

“Get off of me!”, Jonghyun said calmly.

Minhyuk straightened up a bit and leaned his face near Jonghyun's. Minhyuk pecked his lips and laid comfortably down on him again. Jonghyun, who couldn't help but smile, sighed a bit and drifted off to sleep.