~Minhyuk the wannabe waiter~

~ The Burning And The Lovely ~

 

“WATCH OUT! Hot and greasy!” Shouting through the whole restaurant Minhyuk ran with two plates of soup.

Two weeks or so ago, Minhyuk got a job as waiter in a small restaurant. And of course Jonghyun wouldn’t miss a chance to watch this. The owner of the Restaurant even started to keep a record of what Minhuyk already destroyed. Among them are almost 20 plates, 10 glasses, 5 spoons, 3 tablecloths and one chair. Even though Jonghyun had no clue how the hell he managed to destroy a chair nor a spoon, he payed for the damage. He didn't wan to see a sad Minhyuk.

Every day Jonghyun came by to spent time with Minhyuk in his lunchtime. And to everyone's surprise, Minhyuk got better and better in doing his job. After all he destroyed only half as much as in the beginning.

“You know hyung! I really really like being a waiter. I think I'm gonna try my luck as chief waiter!”, Minhyuk proclaims happily.

Jonghyun, who was sipping on his water, choked on his drink. Minhyuk just sat in front of him and continued to eat. As Jonghyun finally was able to breathe again he said, “Minhyuk?! Thanks for saving me!” He said it with so much hate and sarcasm that even a deaf person what have understood him. But being the little oblivious Minhyuk he was, he just smiled and replied, “You're welcome hyung! You know you can always count on me!” Jonghyun looked distraught at him and shook his head. “Why? Why is he so damn ignorant?”, he mumbled into his bowl of rice.

 

-,-,-,-,-,-,-

 

Same day, by early evening, Jonghyun's phone began to ring. He grabbed his phone and picked up.

“Hyung?? Hyung!!! They fired me!! Hyung!! I'll drop by okay?! Well, actually I'm almost in front of your door!!”, with that he hung up. Jonghyun looked at his phone and shook his head.

*Ring Ring Riiiiing*

“Hyung??? Hyung!! It's me, Minhyuk!!! Hyung!! Open the door!!”

He looked at his door and thought 'What have I done to deserve this?' Slowly he walked towards the door and as soon as he opened it, Minhyuk jumped down his throat.

“Hyung!!!!!!”, with exaggerated sadness Minhyuk sat down on the floor in front of Jonghyun's couch. Jonghyun looked at him with an all-knowing look.

“What happened?”, he asked uninterested.

“Hyung, they just fired me!! For no reason!! I didn't do anything wrong!! Because I smashed a windowpane they said!! But I didn't do that! Someone wants to cast the blame on me!”, he cried.

Jonghyun face-palmed and said, “Minhuyk! You know, maybe that just wasn't the right job for you! They just didn't see what talent you have!”

Minhuyk seemed satisfied with this answer.

“Hyung?? Can I sleep here tonight?? It's pretty late already and it's dark outside. I could get lost!”, Minhyuk mumbled with big puppy eyes.

“Fine it would be, were this the case! But yeah, you can sleep here. You already know were the guestroom is!”

“Okay!”, Minhuyk replied and ran off into the guestroom.

Jonghyun took a quick shower before he went into his room. As he opened the door he saw how Minhyuk slipped under the covers of his bed.

“What the hell...!”, he began but got cut off by Minhyuk's voice.

“The guestroom is so scary!! Can't I sleep here tonight?”, he asked with his big puppy eyes peeping out under the sheets.

“Hell no!”, Jonghyun answered determined.
But it didn't seem like Minhyuk would go back anytime soon, so he just laid down next to him.

“Hyung!!!”, screamed Minhyuk with glee and snuggled up to Jonghyun.

“Really? Can't you cuddle with the blanket??”, he asked with desperation.

“Hyung!? Why should I cuddle with the blanket when I have you??”, Minhyuk asked like a little baby.

Few minutes later they fell arm in arm asleep.

 


iamboiceph thank chuu for the upvote (: