Introducing the boys to the horses

Know Your Heart

It was the next morning, where we were all standing at driveway, quivering with excitement. The horses that we were told to take were in the stables, ready for a nice long hack with the boys. The plan to get them introduced to Lee Yoen was also in motion. She had earlier told us to go out and meet the boys and she would be inside waiting with the horses.

We only had to wait a little longer before we saw a black van, making its way up the driveway. The van had only barely stopped before the boys practically fell out of the van. When they saw us they wasted no time in waving vigorously.

“Hey boys!” we called out together, and like uniform we all got a hello back from them. I began to notice how the boys were looking around the place, almost expectantly. “um boys, what are you looking for?”

“Aren’t there supposed to be horses here?” G.O asked. The cuteness of his remark caused me to smile wider.

“They are inside the stables, all ready for us. What did you think that we just had a zillion horses running around us at all times?”

“As a matter of fact yes, we did…wait did you say us? As in us riding as well?” he replied gesturing to all five members.

“yup…oh come on it will be fun.” Ara replied and then with an evil glint she added “and we will take really good care of you.” It was only a while later that the boys overcame their shock, replaced now with excitement. That we began to walk towards the stables. Their manager had earlier agreed with them that he would pick them up that evening. Giving us a whole day together.

The girls were busy talking to the boys, sometimes about their work, and other times about what went on around the stables. I on the other hand caught myself glancing towards Mir, and was delightedly embarrassed when saw that he too was casting glances my way. I was on the verge of saying something, when suddenly a piercing squeal made everyone jump.

The squeal had come from Joon, who apparently, was convinced that a small Shetlands pony, no bigger than 107cm was the devil incarnate. It was a split second before what had happened register, and within seconds peals of laughter were heard throughout the stable. Most of the guys, like us, were bent over laughing, but I saw Mir become exited at the little pony, Charlie. Who at seeing the guy come running towards him, first shied away, but then at realizing that he wanted to cuddle the little pony threw himself towards Mir. Thoroughly enjoying the attention that he was receiving from Mir.

“What is going on?” Came the strict voice of Lee Yoen. Ara, Alex, Semmi and I had learnt to look beyond the strict façade, to see the kind woman behind. The boys however like everyone else were intimidated into obedience by her presence. I was just able to hide my giggle behind a smile, as I saw the boys stand up straighter and formally introduce themselves as MBLAQ.

“Well hello boys, welcome, I heard from the girls that you are going out on a hack today? The horses are ready for you all, and please stay on the riding paths. The girls will show them where you are.” Then with a wicked smile she added “Oh and horses are vegetarians.” The blush that spread across Joon’s face was priceless. “Also one more thing…” the boys at this looked up expectantly, and then with a brilliant smile she pulled out a camara from behind her back: “Could I get a picture with you all?” The boys all smiled wide and nodded with pleasure at the idea, before moving to stand around her.

“Ara will you take the picture for us?”

“Yeah of course” she answered as she took her spot in front of the group “Say Kimchi!”

“Great thank you so much. Ok boys have fun, and girls I believe you know how everything works. Take good care of these fine hunks of men. Korea would be sad to lose them.”

I had to giggle at the nervous shift that they began to make at the thought of this actually being scary or dangerous. “Yes mam, we will take good care of them. Ok boys, let’s meet your horses for the day.” I said as I began to walk towards where the nine horses stood, tacked and ready to go. Only to be stopped by Alex.

“Um Lisa, sweetie, their not moving.” She said gesturing to the frozen bodies. So with a soft sigh I went back and took Mir hand beginning to lead him and the others forward. “Come on brave hearts, remember what Lee Yoen said, horses are vegetarians.” At feeling my hand in his I could feel Mir relax further and the others too seemed to relax as they let me lead them all to their destiny.