And so it begins

Know Your Heart

“What is your purpose in Korea?” the airport official asked me in an accented English, and I knew that it was only natural that people here would assume that I did not speak Korean, after all I stood out like a sore thumb, so I decided that this was as good a time as any to test my skills, and so with a deep breath I decided to take the plunge.

“I am here for work. I will be training with Mrs Lee Yoen at that Seoul Forest Equestrian Centre for the next year.” I finished with a smile, hoping against all hope that my Korean was strong enough to come across correctly, and by the slight widening of his eyes followed by the kind smile I could tell that it had.

“I see well then welcome to Korea Miss, and I wish you the best of luck.”

It was a phrase that seemed like music to my ears, I had always dreamed of coming here but to actually realize that I finally was here and in a few hours would be in the stables pursuing my dream made me smile brightly. “Gamsahabnida” I replied with a slight inclination of my head as I reached out to take my passport back from the airport official, he merely replied with a nod, but the short conversation was enough to make me dance towards the baggage claim, I could not believe it that after all of my hard work I had managed to speak coherently Korean. However it was a feeling of elation that was only to be short lived as I suddenly and abruptly made contact with a very solid wall, which caused me to fly back landing squarely on my .

“Ayy” Ok so maybe I really had fallen into lala land and made contact with a talking wall.

“Dangsin-eu gwaenchanhi ni?” the voice was deep but soft, and I could not help but think that it was a voice that I had heard before, but decided that I must be too jetlagged and was now imagining things. So instead I decided to focus on the hand that the man was holding out for me to grab.  

“Ne, Joung-mal mee-yan-heh!” I exclaimed as I gladly grabbed his hand and brushed myself off, but when I looked up I felt the air leave my lungs. There standing in front of me was not only an unusually handsome young man, but also the lead rapper of MBLAQ, in our collision his glasses must have fallen of and I could clearly recognize him. He too bore look of surprise but I knew that it was for a completely different reason.

“You speak Korean?”

“Ne.” I answered slightly breathless.

“You speak very well,” He said “Are you just visiting?”

“No I am a Horse Rider and I am here to train at the Equestrian Centre of Seoul Forest.” I could tell that he wanted to respond to the comment, but before he could another voice sounded through the hall.

“Mir, come on we gotta go.” It was Seungho who had returned to find out what had happened to the youngest member.

“Oh right,” he called back, “Sorry we have to catch a flight to Japan, it was nice talking to you, good luck with the training.” He said with the famous smile I had seen so many times on screen.

“Gamsahabnida.” I returned his smile before headed to collect my luggage which was waiting for me, and it was only later in that taxi that the reality of the situation, had dawned on me. I had only been in Korea for a short time and already I had met Mir, it was something that I had only ever dreamed about, and he was more handsome that I could ever have imagined, and as if that had not been enough of a fairy tale experience we soon passed through the grand gates of the equestrian centre where I would be working at, and it was grander then I could ever have imagined.

“On both sides of the world there were large pastures which currently held beautiful athletic creatures, peacefully enjoying their free time. Further up I could see the Jumping arena, followed by the large stables.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Lisa Jansen?” a woman said as she came up to receive me.

“annyeonghaseyo, ne.” I replied bowing respectfully.

“Great I am Lee Yoen,” she said with a big smile, “if you have any luggage you can leave it in my office while I give you the tour of the place.”

The place was truly breath taking, what I had seen from the entrance was only the tip of the iceburg, the facilities were surrounded by lush forests, which I was told also made up part of the cross country course, with two dressage arenas and an additional show jumping arena, and when it came to the stables I was almost left speechless they were large and spacious, it was all more than I could possibly have imagined, and I instantly knew that it was a place that I was going to truly enjoy working for the next year.

“I would like to introduce you to Sonny,” Lee Yoen said as she stopped in front of one of the stalls. “I would like to start you off on him, to assess your level and better know which horse to pair you up with.” Nodding in understanding I peered inside of the stall where I saw a small grey pony, but before I could get disappointed he flicked his ears forward and eagerly came to check out who this new foreign girl was, and after playfully nudging me I knew that this was going to be a pony that would always have a truly special place in my heart, he was small but full of spirit.       

“Now I would suggest we get you to your apartment in town so that you can rest, and I will expect you here tomorrow at 7am to begin with the chores followed by training, I will only say this once Lisa I will not tolerate any nonsense, there are millions of girls who would kill for this spot so don’t ruin it.”

“Yes mam!” I said bowing again as she walked out to the car that would take me to my new home for the next year.

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone, thank you to all of you who have read this, it means a lot to me. I know that it is still a bit slow, but I promise it will get better, with more yummy guys and not so horse heavy :).

Please remember to leave comments and tell me what you think.

Glossary

Gamsahabnida – Thank you

Dangsin-eu gwaenchanhi ni – Are you alright?

Joung-mal mee-yan-heh – I am really sorry