Chapter 7

Know Your Heart

It had been two days since the date, I had yet to hear from Mir, but I passed it off as being due to that he was busy and would get back to me when he could.

Ara on the other hand was having a field day with it, and to some extent seemed almost more neurotic than I did. She had kept on asking for details of the date, insisting that she needed every detail. And when I did give in and tell her about the date, she then moved on to wondering why he still had not called or texted me. It was a trait in her that while began to grate on my nerves, not only because it made me question myself, but also because of the unrelenting questions. It was also a trait that was incredibly endearing and I found myself unable to do anything else but laugh and playfully attempt to scold her.

“What! I want to know.” She replied, and by now, Alex, who had been siting in front of us on the way to the stables had been unable to stay out of our little banter.

“Wow, if you are like this with Lisa’s relationship I would hate to see how you are in your own relationship.” She said casting a backward glance towards us.

“Yah! I resent that! I do not have a relationship, so of course I have to live through Lisa’s.”

“And I am not in a relationship!” I knew that my face must be red, I just prayed that it was not so obvious that it would give me away. Yet unfortunately I am sure that I was unsuccessful.

“I beg to differ.” And as if a higher power was conspiring with Alex to prove her point, my phone began to ring, “And there is your proof.” She continued pointedly, knowing exactly who it was that was calling me. “Well answer it girl!”she added for emphasis, and so still blushing I answered the phone.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Lisa, hi, I am sorry that I did not call sooner, but it has been so busy here.” Mir’s voice came from the other side of the phone, and it was nice to have him confirm what I already knew in my heart. 

“That is alright, thank you for the lovely evening.” I said still blushing, but it was Ara who began to squeal, causing me to flinch and try to cover my ears while at tea same time sill holding the phone to my ear. The squeal apparently also reached Mir because I could hear him flinch slightly in discomfort at the sound.

“What was that?” he asked.

“Minhea, that is just Ara being silly.” I said while shooting a glare at the girl, but only playfully, as she was so sweet and genuine that it was hard to stay mad at her. Mir on the other hand just laughed at it good naturedly.

“You are very welcome, you are a great girl Lisa, and I would love to get to know you better.” It was such a compliment that it left me completely floored and almost speechless.

As I struggled to respond to this sweet and amazing boy all I could come up with was a humble “Thank you,” before I was finally able to gather my thoughts and come up with a proper response. “I would love to get to know you better too, you are sweet and serious all at the same time, and I really like you Mir.” I do not think that I could possibly be blushing anymore, and as I tried to picture what he looked like, I found that for the life of me I could not. I just hoped that I had not made an enormous fool of myself.

“Could you guys be any cuter?” Alex asked as she looked at me with a smile and a shimmer in her eyes, while Ara just shifted her gaze between me and the phone with stars in her eyes. Definitely had to remind myself to try and get her a boyfriend so that she could get off mine. Wait, did I just think that? Oh no Lisa bad move, very bad move too fast, too fast pull back.

“Really, you really think so?” Mir voice brought me back to our conversation.

“Yes, I really do.” Mir just gave a very characteristically sound that was somewhere between a laugh and a squeal that left me with no other option but to giggle myself like a little school girl.

“So how are you and the boys doing?”

“Ah, I do not know what to do. I need to invite my favorite celebrity to our next fan meeting, but how can I do that? I can't possibly, am I just supposed to go up to them and say ‘come please come’ Noona what do I do?” I knew that the tone had immediately become more serious, and that it was big that he was asking me for help and no matter what I would not let him down.

“Mir, calm down you got this, just be yourself and be honest, and they will not be able to resist your charms. And remember that I am here for you.”

“Really? Ok, I will try that. I hope it works. Lisa what are you doing tomorrow?”

“Yes, I am sure that it will,” I told him with a smile. “Tomorrow we are at the stables during the afternoon.”

“Ah really, well The Hyungs and I have the day off. Could we come by and see you train?” he asked shyly.

“Yes come, that would be great, and bring the guys, I need to find Ara a man.” As soon as I said that two things happened at the same time, one was that I got punched in the arm by Ara, and let me tell you that for a small girl she punches hard, and the second was that Mir burst out into fits of laughter on the other side.

“Really? Ok, I will see you tomorrow Lisa.”

“See you Mir.” And with that, our conversation ended and left me dreaming of what tomorrow would bring.

 

A/N: Sorry that it has been so long, I will try and update again soon :). Please review I love to hear what you think.