The Date

Know Your Heart

I had to do a double take when I finally managed to make my way down to where I knew that Mir would be waiting for me. There standing before me was Mir, standing with gorgeous bouquet of flowers, but at the same time his clothes where all over the place. He was wearing a stripped purple and blue button up shirt with a pair of blue jeans. It was a sight that in any other situation would have been hysterically comical, but in this particular case I had the feeling that he had in fact put in a lot of effort into his assemblage, so I decided that I would simply let it slide.

“Annanseyo” I said smiling as I walked up to him and waved at him with a friendly greeting, and accepting the flowers that he had so warmly offered me “Ah kasamnida Mir.”

“Pretty flowers for a pretty girl” it was a line which I was sure that many would have considered too corny for words, but coming from Mir it just seemed to work.

“Shall we?” He asked as he offered his arm to me.

“Ne.” I took his arm without hesitating for a moment, and with that we began to make our way over to a black van which seemed to have been waiting for us all along.

“The Hyungs once told me of a cool bar I thought we could go there. Would you like that?” I had to supress the inner school girl within me, after all how could I not like anywhere that he would take me. Yet I know that if I would have voiced this out it would have been far too creepy and stalker like. So I settled for a happy medium and merely nodded my head with enthusiasm “I would love that.” And with that it was settled.

The ride over to the bar was surprisingly short for what os otherwise such a large city. It was only after we had settled down at our table that I could sense that Mir was slightly fidgety. One part of me wanted to try and sooth him, but another part of me just wanted to wait and see what he would do.

“They have great hot chocolate here.” I am not quite sure what I had expected him to say but that certainly was not it. Yet I could not say that I was entirely surprised after all I had not been living under a rock and I knew of his reputation, but at the same time it was fascinating how this boy could one moment be so serious and mature and the next he could turn into a complete kid, and even though reason and society would tell me to be turned off by such behaviour, I could not help buy think that it was attractive and charming.

So with that I decided to throw away any expectation I had of a sophisticated evening and try it his way.

“Great, I love hot chocolate.” I said closing the menu, luckily it seemed that was all the encouragement that he needed since before I knew it he had called the waiter over to our table and ordered two hot chocolates.

The rest of the evening was spent with us talking, mainly about me and what had made me want to come to Korea, and so I told him my reasons, which of course he found fascinating, and when we were not talking about me we were talking about him and MBLAQ.

I do not know if I was happy or disappointed that he did not try to talk to me in English, but then maybe he was afraid that he would make a fool of himself. Maybe that was also why I never pressured him into it.

“So what was this about training your horse with the phone, should I be expecting a call from your horse soon?”

“Haha, no, it seems that she is skittish about phones ringing, something which can be very bad for competitions. So maybe if I can get you to help me with training it out of her?”

“And how do I do that?”

“Nothing too complicated. I would just get you to call me or text me while I am next to her and then when she no longer reacts to it she will get a treat. Then later we can move to when I am on her back and do the same process. This training is called positive reinforcement, and eventually she will learn to associate the ringing with something good and not get scared of it anymore.”

“And I get an excuse to call and text you? Let me know where I can sign up.” It was such a cute response that I could not help but laugh and happily agree. By the time it was time to go I felt like I had gotten to know him a lot better, and I was actually sad to say goodnight.

“Let’s do this again, I will call you tomorrow.” He said as he dropped me off at my apartment with a goodnight hug, and I knew as he drove away that I would probably not sleep that night and even if I did my dreams would be filled with Mir.

 

A/N: Sorry for the long time that it took me to update, but here is the next chapter.