Embarquing on the dream

Know Your Heart

"Do you really have to go?" my mom said with teary eyes, as we were stood in the departure hall of Hamburg airport. I could not help but be amazed at how the tables had turned, all these years when I went of to school in the Netherlands as well as England my parents had always scolded me for crying and now when I was off to pursue my dreams of being a world class event rider was when I was eager to go and my parents where the ones who were crying, but before I continue maybe I should introduce myself.

My name is Lisa Jansen, I was 20 years old girl from Denmark, and had been riding ever since I was 10 years old, yes there were a few times that I had considered quitting but quickly realized that horse riding was in my blood, so I decided to make it my career, and when I received an invitation to work at the Equestrian Centre of Seoul Forest where I would also have the opportunity to be trained by Koreas finest I could hardly turn the oportunity down.

This however was not the only reason that I had accepted the job, the truth is that I had been interested in the Korean culture for some time now, not to mention its music, in particular the band MBLAQ, after all who could not help but love them.

"Mom if I don't take this opportunity I will regret it for the rest of my life."

“I know but do you have to go all the way to South Korea it’s so far away and I won’t be able to see you.” I knew that deep down she understood and agreed with my reasoning but for right now had trouble seeing it.

“Mom! You know that it would not matter where on earth I am you will always be on the other side of the world.” It was true, ever since my dad had retired they had been traveling and no matter how many times I had tried to stay somewhat close to them they would always move, so in the end I stopped trying, and decided to spend a year learning Korean and familiarizing myself with the culture in preparation for the ultimate trip, to the one place that I felt in my heart is where I was meant to be.

Suddenly a voice could be heard over the intercom “P2assengers traveling with Air France to Paris please proceed to gate B20.”

“That’s you, better get going.” My dad said as he came up to us, he had a relatively serious face, but then again I did not expect anything less from him, to begin with he did not approve of me moving to Asia and second of all he did not approve of me pursuing a career in horse riding. However, over the years I had learned to read my dad and knew that just by the fact that he had agreed to drive me from Denmark to Hamburg airport that somewhere deep down I had his support; after all he had agreed to partially fund me for the first year.

I nodded and walked up to them embracing them in tight hugs. “You have everything you need? Boarding passes, Passport, Phone, Address of where you are staying, Money…”

“Yes mom I have everything its ok you do not need to worry.” I told her before hugging my dad.

“Remember the deal we will fund you for the first year, but after that you are on your own, or you come back to Europe.” Dad told me sternly.

“Yes dad I know, anyway I better go I will text you when I am in Paris and call you when I arrive in Seoul.” I told them before embracing them once more and heading through security and made my way towards my gate.

The plan was that I would have an hour and half layover in Paris before continuing on to Seoul. As I boarded the plane I could not help but feel giddy I would finally have the oportunity to try and live out my dream, I just hoped that I could succeed and make everyone proud.

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone, I know this chapter is short, I promise the next one will be longer. I am always interested in knowing what you think so please give comments.