Do you recognize me? Well, It's been a year, It doesn't surprise me

The future he lost

NARRATOR'S POV

THE DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING

Hyeri was walking around the Shim's shopping mall just buying anything that caught her eye, carrying the homemade lunch that she had prepared to give him. She couldn't enter yet because the secretary had informed her that she should wait another 10 minutes before coming in because he was currently in a meeting with some business partners.

As for her fiance Changmin, he was currently in the office upstairs on the top floor holding a business meeting with some young investors.

"We will take the ideas into account and carry out the neccessary actions after I discuss this with the main investors," CHangmin glanced up from the folder that he had been scanning.

"Thank you for continuing the contract and choosing to invest in our business," The eldest spoke shaking ahnds with Changmin.

"It's our pleasure, also my elders seem to see a lot of potential in your business. Also don't be so formal, call me Hyung, after all we've been working together for almost half a year now,"

"Yeh Changmin Hyung," they chorused while standing up to bow. Changmin gave a curt nod and bowed back too.

"Ahh you guys don't leave just yet, sit down I want to have a non-business related work talk with you," Changmin gestured for them all to sit down before buzzing his secretary to inform her to bring in some coffee and pastries.

Just as the secretary left to do her duty she ran into Hyeri who had returned after 10 minutes just like she was told.

"Miss Hyeri it's okay for you to enter now, the business meeting is over," The secretary bowed

"Thank you very much," Hyeri bowed back with a bright smile, just before the secretary left Hyeri being the kind girl asked.

"Would you like some help witht he tea and coffee?"

"No need Miss, I think I can manage but thank you for offering," The secretary bowed once more.

Meanwhile in the office
"I know it is rather late but I would like to invite you guys to my wedding tomorrow, after all we have been working together for a year now," Changmin handed out the invitation to the 12 boys. Each Invitation had their name printed on in cursive writing. When they opened the envolope and pulled out the invitation, they were met with two family emblems on the front, both of which were very familiar.

"Finally hyung it's about time that you got married," Kai said.

"Hey! What's that suppossed to mean?" Changmin asked with a mock offended tone.

"Nothing just we know you've been engage for a really long time," Chen pointed at the engagement ring on Changmin's finger.

"Who's Max? Lay asked with a confused expression.

"Who's Hayley?" DO chimed in as well.

"Oh because a lot of our friends abroad are coming and they only really know us by our english names, we decied to use our english names on the invitations"

"Who's the lucky lady?" Baekhyun asked.

"She's a gorgeous, smart,kind and caring lady."

"CHANGMINNIE OPPA!" A voice interupted them.

All 13 boys looked at the person with different expressions. At that moment 2 hearts skipped a beat when they saw the beautiful girl standing at the doorway. Changmin and Baekhyun. For the complete opposite reasons. Changmin because the love of his life was there. Baekhyun because it was the last girl he expected to see.

Hyeri however was oblivious to the other 12 boys in the room. At that point in time the only person she could see was her soulmate Changmin who looked dazzling in his business suit with his hair nicely slicked back.

"Oppa, I made lunch for the both of us. I was hoping we could share it today at lunch if you don't have a business lunch with appa and abeoji," She walked towards Changmin who had stood up and had his arms opened already to pull her in for a hug. The two shared an intimate hug in front of the specators.

Changmin soon broke away from the hug.

"Baby, I want you to meet EXO Enterprises heirs. Just thought I would introduce you guys becasue you will be seeing them often at dinners that  our families host,"

"Hello! My name is Choi Hyeri but I also go by my english name Hayley," Hyeri bowed 90 degrees with a dazzling smile hoping to leave a good impression on her fiance's and families business partners. However her smile faltered slightly and she let out a little gasp when she saw who they were. Hyeri fought the urge to call Baekhyun out and scream at him after she remembered her wish.

FLASHBACK 1 END
"I mean as in I won't acknowledge you and you won't acknowledge me. From now on you all are strangers to me, we do not know each other or have ever met. This meeting today is by chance, I happen to be visiting this church to pray to God not to attend your wedding. Seo Chanmi, you are not my sister and you have not grown up with me. All memories of us and your belongings are to be removed from my house, as for the money we have lent you and all the things we have paid for are to no longer be acknowledged you are not permitted to enter our premises ever again. Byun Baekhyun, we have never met, I have never been engaged to you and I have certainly never been in love with you. TO all of you, please never look for me, do not try to contact me ever, I think it is for the best, good luck on your marriage,"
FLASHBACK 1 END

Xiumin being the oldest snapped out of his trance and tried to ignore the expressions his friends had on their face.

"Hello, We are EXO enterprise," he bowed.

"It's very nice meet you Hayley-ssi," Kris caught on and spoke.

"Like wise," Hyeri replied.

"Hyeri-ah," a meek voice spoke from the right side of the group.

"Erm hello?" She trailed off pretending like she didn't know his name.

"Hyeri-ah please stop pretending," Baekhyun slightly pleaded.

"What are you talking about?" she persisted on ignoring the burning stares form her audience.

"I'm really sorry Hyung but I have to do this," Baekhyun was at the end of his wit's. Baekhyun strode towards Hyeri and grabbed her by the wrist before pulling her with him out the door.

Hyeri started to drag her feet and screamed for Changmin to help her. However Changmin and the rest of EXO were far too shocked to even move an inch. Once they got into the elevator, Baekhyun pressed the car park button, and together they stood in the lift. Hyeri struggling and trying to break out from his tight grip on her wrist but Baekhyun, he held on like his life depended on it. Magically enough the elevator didn't stop once at a single floor. Once they reached the underground level Hyeri managed to break free when Baekhyun pulled out his keys from his pocket. Unfortunately for Hyeri she wasn't quick enough, hence Baekhyun caught her around the waist and chucked ehr over his shoulders like a sack of potatoes. When they reached his car, he unlocked it and placed her into the passenger seat and locked the door before climbing into the driver side. He quickly set off.

"YAH! WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TAKING ME?!" She screamed.

"YAH! I'M TALKING TO YOU!"

"YAH! BYUN BAEKHYUN!"

With that Baekhyun finally smiled.

"WHY ARE YOU SMILING? DO YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?"

At the red traffic light he stopped and turned to face Hyeri who was fuming mad.

"You called me Baekhyun," he said softly.

"What else would I call you, idiot," she scoffed.

"No I mean you called me Baekhyun as in you just acknowledged me,"

Hyeri quickly sat back and turned away from Baekhyun.

"It was a slip up and any way it's only the two of us here," she spoke not looking at him but out at that street.

"Not going to shout at me any more?" he tried to joke.

"You're not worth me worrying and arguing with," she said with a cold tone.

It slightly stung Baekhyun a bit when he heard her.

"Hyeri-ah," He reached on hand over but retracted his hand at the last minute when she made no sign of movement.

The two drove for about an hour in silence before Hyeri shocked Baekhyun by breaking the silence.

"Keep on going until we get to Naksan Beach,"

"Okay," he spoke but the words came out barely above a whisper.

"I think we both have some things to talk about,"

After another half an hour he pulled up at the beach, he unlocked the door and the two met at the front of his car. Baekhyun opened his mouth to speak Hyeri saw this and shook her head slightly. Baekhyun understood what she meant and stayed quiet as he leaned against the hood of the car. Hyeri sat on the hood cross legged and stared out to the ocean.

Baekhyun had a lot of thoughts going through his mind.

'God I don't really know what possessed me to do that, or where I even got the courage to 'kidnap' my hyung's fiance right in front of him. The only thing I do know is that the moment she entered that room. The moment she entered my mind and heart again I knew that this was you're way God of telling me that this was my last chance right? My last chance to try and salvage this mess for a shred of hope right?'

"Baekhyun listen carefully, it's 12 in the afternoon now, I will only give you until midnight tonight to tell me everything you want to tell me and I will give you the closure I need before we truly go our separate way. This time I will truly remove you from my life," Hyeri slid off the car hood and dusted the back of her outfit.  Before she turned to Baekhyun with a bright smile that shocked him.

"Yah Baekhyun oppa, why so serious? It's been a while, tell me what happened since you got married to Chanmi,"

"Hyeri-ah are you okay?" he looked at her weirdly like she had so sort of mental issues.

"Baekhyun time is ticking here, like I said this is the last 12 hours I am giving to you. I'm trying to be nice so we can at least say we had a good run while it lasted, and here you are wasting time," she quickly snapped out of her nice facade and instantly returned back to it when she finished her little speech.

"Ahh!" Baekhyun quickly caught on.

"It's a bit chilly here, how about we get a cup of coffee and then go back and take a little walk where I will fill you in," Baekhyun placed an arm around her shoulder and led her towards the starbucks cafe he remembered passing.

Baekhyun was not pretending and was really happy he got this chance despite him knowing that Hyeri was acting. But secretly what he didn't know was that deep down inside although Hyeri kept on telling herself that she was only pretending to be nice, what she didn't realise was that although it may have been a small part of her, she was happy that she met Baekhyun again.

____________

Here is a short update.

2 chapters left.

Chapter 3 - Hyeri & Baekhyun's last 12 hours together.

Chapter 4 - The wedding.

Guys this isn't really a spoiler but we all know who she is going to end up with and if you don't like the person she end sup with, leave a comment and I can also write an alternative ending for the unhappy folk

READ,ENJOY,COMMENT,SUBSCRIBE

geekinthepinkglasses