The fake fairytale with the broken lovers

The future he lost

NARRATOR'S POV

The doorbell rung when the door to the cafe opened. The cold air made its way indoors and Bakehyun and Hyeri walked in while rubbing their hands together to try and get some warmth.

"Hyeri-ah, you sit down first and I'll get us drinks, a caramel latte right?"

"Okay and actually I like White Caffe Mocha," she smiled while walking backwards.

Baekhyun made a mental note ot remember her favourite dirnk before lining up in the queue.

Hyeri chose a warm spot near the back by a small victorian furnace stocked with coal and burning a warm shade of orangey-red. She pulled her phone out of her bag and proceeded to text Changmin.

TO:Changminnie oppa
FROM:
Baby Wifey RiRi
Oppa don't worry, I'm just texting to tell you I'm safe. I know I ask for a lot but please don't look for me or call me until after midnight. Is that okay?
xxx

TO: Baby Wifey RiRi
FROM: Changminnie oppa
Thank god you're okay! Fine. Baekhyun hasn't hurt you has he? Just promise the moment the clock strikes midnight you'll call me xxx

TO:Changminnie oppa
FROM:
Baby Wifey RiRi
Of course oppa! I promise. I'm fine Baekhyun hasn't done anything bad to me. Thank you, and I love you lots
xxx

TO: Baby Wifey RiRi
FROM: Changminnie oppa
Alright, I trust you baby. Love you too xxx

Hyeri locked her phone and placed it back into her clutch and decided to just stare off into space. It was only when she heard the clink of porcelain against the polished table top did she realise Baekhyun was back with her drink.

"Thank you oppa," she reached for the mug and let out a content sigh when she felt the warmth radiating from the cups to the palms of her hands.

"No problem, anything for you," she replied back with a cheeky wink, just like he used to when they were still dating.

Hyeri blushed slightly and cleared .

"SO! Tell me then, how has life been since I left? Anything interesting?"

Baekhyun's head slightly flinched when he realise now was the time to 'fess up to what has happened.

"Well, since you left quite a lot has happened to us,"

Hyeri didn't reply but nodded her head as a sign of her having heard.

"Me and Chanmi, are no longer together, she left me for another man,"

"WHAT NOW?!" Hyeri exclaimed in surprise. She eventually started to calm down however she was feeling a mix of emotions. Angry that she had sacraficed her love for Chanmi to have her throw it away. On the other hand she also felt satisfaction that Baekhyun felt the same as she did, to have the one you love dearly leave you for someone else. Yet she also felt sad for Baekhyun because he was thrown away in a blink of an eye.

"Yeah, we lasted about 4 months. When we hit our 6th month things started too fall apart. We each spent more time at work, when I was home she wasnt' and vice versa. On weekends we some how started to avoid each other making plans with our friends instead of with each other. Then out of the blues one day Chanmi called at lunch and asked me to go home early.

FLASHBACK 1 BEGIN (BAEKHYUN'S POV AS HE IS TELLING THE STORY)
I entered the code to our apartment. The musical beep let me know that I typed in the right password, I waltzed in and noticed another pair of shoes.

"Hey Chanmi-ah I'm home," I slipped out of my work shoes into my slippers.

"Hey, Baekhyun," She wiped her hands on her apron before leaving the kitchen, it was then that I noticed a man trailing behind her from the kitchen.

I walked over to her and pulled her into a hug and leaned down to give her a kiss but she shocked me by turning away and breaking out from my arms and stepped back away from me.

"Baekhyun, let me introduce to you my boss, I hope you don't mind him being here for dinner tonight, " she smiled at her boss before going back into the kitchen to cook.

"Hi, I'm Jung Il Woo Chanmi's boss,"

"I'm Byun Baekhyun, Chanmi's husband," we shoook hands and I saw a glimpse of pity? in his eyes.

"If you excuse me I'm going to finish off the dish I'm making with Chanmi," he awkwardly walked off to the kitchen while I sat down on the couch and watched TV. For some reason it felt like I was the vistor at their house and that they were the couple, happily laughing while cooking.

We finally settled down and had dinner, once again I felt like the third wheel and I also noticed that they were very touchy feely.

"Il Woo oppa, can you run to the convenience store and buying som vanilla ice cream to go with this cake please?"

"Of course, I'll be right back," he put on his coat before slipping on his shoes and leaving.

Chanmi then turned to me but her smile had faded.

"Baekhyun-ah I have something to discuss with you,"

"What is it jagiya?" I reached for her hand and ran my thumb over the tops of her hands.

"I want a divorce," She straight up told me, no playing around. A serious look on her face.

"W-w-what?" I asked, the blood draining entirely from my face.

"I want a divorce, I-i-i-i can't do it anymore, we aren't even like a married couple anymore and I-I-I-I fell for another man,"

"You fell for someone else?" her hands dropped from mine as I pulled my hands up and ran them through my hair out of frustration.

"I did, and it was my boss,"

"The guy just here?!" I snapped up and knocked my chair onto the floor.

Chanmi calmly stacked the plates and brought them to the kitchen.

"You brought him here?! WHY?! To taunt me?!" I slammed my hands on the table.

Chanmi walked to our bedroom and returned with some paper in her hands. She placed them on the table and slid them before me. At the top I saw the words that I dreaded and feared at that moment in time. DIVORCE. So everything happening was real, it wasn't just some sick and twisted dream. Instead it was a sick and twisted reality.

"Oppa, I hate to use this card but if you really do love me you would let me go. That means that you will agree and sign here so we can get divorced," she pleaded before me.

I swiped the papers off the table, before stomping over ot her side of the table and taking her shoulders tightly in my arm to spin her round to face me, while I stared deep into her eyes to see if this was all a trick. However the look in her eyes told me. NO, pleaded to me that she wanted to be set free from our marriage.

"Tell me to my face this is what you want. Tell me, 'Oppa, I want to divorce you, because I no longer love you',"

"Oppa, I want to divore you, because I no longer love you," she told me without a second of hesitation, my hands dropped from her shoulders. We stood still for what seemed like hours, before I bent down picked up the papers and signed them just like she asked me to.

"Thank you oppa, I'm going to leave today to save you from hurting from seeing me," she tookt he papers from my hands and put them into her handbag which sat on her 3 suitcases which she pulled out from the coat cupboard.

At that time, the door bell rung and she went to open it. There her new man stood with a carton of ice cream. I  started to block out all the sounds of her voice drowning on telling him the current situation. I saw him nod and take her suitcases down. She placed the carton of ice cream in front of me on the table before she came up to me and gave me a peck on the cheek. I saw goodbye and tell me that she hopes we can still be friends. As she went to pull me into a hug I pushed her away.

"No! Like Hyeri wanted when we betrayed her, I have a request to ask you too,"

"Sure what is it oppa?"

"Please don't ever appear before me, I don't think we can be friends, I finally realised the pain Hyeri felt and I don't think I can handle that," I then seized her by the arm and dragged her out of the door before slamming it on her face.

I then slid down the door as I buried my face in my hands, and cried. Cried because I finally felt the pain kicking in. Cried because I could sympathise with how Hyeri felt. Cried because I finally realised that I regret letting the best thing in my life go. Cried because I watched the one I love walk out. Cried becasue I realised I should have held her in my arms. Cried because it hit me that she was never coming back or being mine again. Cried because the harsh cold reality had hit me, all be it a bit late. Cried because it took me 6 months to realise CHOI HYERI was the girl for me all along. I guess a part of me never stopped loving her.
FLASH BACK 1 ENDS
(END OF BAEKHYUN'S POV)

Hyeri silently sipped on her mocha as she heard the story and his sudden confession at the end. She felt her blood run cold and she sat frozen in her seat. Baekhyun looked up from his mug and peered at her over the top of his mug, looking at her face and trying to judge her reaction.

"You still love me?" she asked avoiding his eye.

"Yes." Baekhyun answered with confidence.

"Oppa, I'm flattered but-"

"You don't have say anything, I just want you to know that I love you,"

"But-"

"Lets take a walk, I heard there is a night festival on tonight,"

Baekhyun led Hyeri out the door, as they walked hand in hand. The whole evening Baekhyun wouldn't let go of Hyeri's hand, He would carress it, swing it, kiss it, squeeze it, but never did he let it go. He would whisper sweet nothings in here ear, and smile with the satisfaction of knowing that he was the one that was making her blush so easily. As for Hyeri, it would be a lie to say that her heart wasn't beating fast becasue of him. She would be lying if she said that her heart didn't yearn for his love still. She would be lying if she didn't admit that she was smitten by his charms once again.

But like all good things , it soon had to come to an end.The night was fast approaching.

The time was 11:45.

The two had walked up the hill and were standing side by side at the lighthouse. The two leaned against the railing staring out at the little lights from the fishing boats out at sea. Hyeri smiled at the sight. The stars were out too, the stars shineds so bright against the contrasting black skies. Baekhyun turned to admire her. He felt a smile curve up onto his face as he looked at her face, she looked so carefree, happy like when they were still together. He reached up and tucked a loose whisp of hair behind her ear. Hyeri turned to him with a heart skipping smile.

"Hyeri-ah, I have been truly sincere with you today, I swear to God I am not lying when I tell you that I really do love you with all my heart. I'm sorry it took so long for me to realise," He stood up straight and gathered her into his arms.

"Oppa, I'm not going to lie, I do love you, I always have and I always will but-"

"Oh thank god you still do, it means I'm not too late then," Baekhyun cut her off before she could finish.

Time ticked on to 11:50.

"Oppa listen to-"

"You don't need to say anything more, just hearing those words are all I need,"

He pushed her back slightly but still held her in his arms.

"Hyeri if you still love me then that means we should run away,"

"What?!"

Hyeri pulled back and looked at him in disbelief.

"How? What? Why? Where would we go?"

A million and one questions and thoughts were running through her head.

"Me and you, my car, running away to elope, and anywhere as long as you are with me,"

The time hit 11:55.

"SO how about it baby?"

"I-I-I'm not sure, it's all so sudden,"

"I know this is very sudden, but I love you with all my heart, and I'm ready to take on any challenges as long as you are beside me. You give me the strength to take on the world. So?"

Hyeri hesitated and stared back at Baekhyun, she took a glance at her watch.

11:59.

"Okay,"

"Okay? as in yes?" He leaned down to look at her eye to eye.

"Okay, as in yes. Okay as in, lets run away together," She shyly looked up at him.

12:00. The clock struck midnight.

_______________________________

Here is the update for chapter 3

erm let me just say don't be so quick to judge the ending.

I'm going to warn you now, it's one where you think it's going to be one thing but it takes a sudden twist.

So all you changmin fans hold on tight because the ending will blow your socks off.

BOOM!

anywho  thank you all for the support

Read. Enjoy. Comment. Subscribe. Vote.

geekinthepinkglasses