That COULD have been me. It SHOULD have been me.

The future he lost

*EXTRA LONG CHAPTER AHEAD*

NARRATOR'S POV

In the bustling city of Seoul everyone was either tucked up in bed from a busy night before or out doing their business on Sunday morning. In comparison the suburbs were quiet and calm, some locals up bright and early to go jogging. Then there was that one large house that sat on the slopes, the residents of the house were all up bright and early and fluttering around to prepare for the big event of the day. One girl in particular was panicking tremendously at the centre of it all.

"Hyeri darling are you ready to leave?" her mum popped her head into Hyeri's room to check up on her.

"I think so, oh I'm not sure," Hyeri replied as she gathered up all her hair and make up products into an extra large suitcase.

"Hyeri! Sorry I'm late," a voice cried from behind Hyeri's mum.

"Sunhwa unnie, thank god you're finally here," Hyeri cried throwing her arms up into the air.

Sunhwa chuckled as she gave Hyeri's mum a hug before venturing into Hyeri's large room. She then gave Hyeri a large warm hug who in return let out a huge sigh and chucked all the things in her hands onto the floor to return her hug.

"Chill Riri, remember that we're all here to help you," she pulled away and started to rummage through all of Hyeri's suitcases.

After an hour of repacking Hyeri and Sunhwa were finally finished.

"Umma, I think I'm ready to leave for the church now," Hyeri poked her head out and called fro her mother.

"We'll take the bags down then," She heard someone say to the right of her. She turned to see her brothers Siwon and Seunghyun who swiftly carried her suitcases down.

"Hyeri lets go," Sunhwa walked towards Hyeri with 4 different bags in her hands.

"Wait do you have my -"

"I have it all," Sunhwa lifted up her hands filled with all the stuff.

"Wedding dress, shoes, veil? Maid of honour dress and shoes?"

"Check,check,check and check," Sunhwa reassured her.

Together they both descended down the stairs, to be greeted by her family all lined up by the stairs.

"Congratulations petal," he grandfather gave her a kiss on the forhead.

"See you later sweetie, you two go first we'll be there later," he dad gave her a hug before leading her to the car waiting outside.

"Don't be late appa, arrasso?" She gave him a hug before climbing into the car followed by Sunhwa before rolling down the windows.

"We won't be! Don't worry darling, you just focus on looking gorgeous for today okay," her grandma her hair before patting her cheeks gently.

Hyeri smiled and waved as the car pulled out the driveway and drove to the church that was near the centre of the wealthy town. When she arrived she was ushered into the church which was beautifully decorated exactly like how she wanted it to be.

"Thank you so much Sunhwa unnie for planning everything for me," she hugged Sunhwa with tears b in her eyes.

"I'm glad you do, and anything for my best friend," she smiled warmly before leading her into the bridal room located on the left side of the church.

When they got inside, they immediately started to prepare themselves for Hyeri's big day. Sunhwa started on Hyeri's make up.

"Riri, are you sure this guy is the guy for you?" Sunhwa asked her gently not wanting to start and argument.

"I know he is the one, no regrets this time right,"

"Are you sure, I don't want you to get hurt again,"

"I know him very well, albeit he has a few flaws but I can live with them, after all he means the world to me," Hyeri smiled at Sunhwa through the mirror. After 2 hours of getting prepared the two girls stood before the mirror holding hands. Sunhwa could feel Hyeri shaking slightly so she gave her best friend's hand a reassuring and comforting squeeze. They gazed at their reflection.

Hyeri in her wedding dress and veil and with her hair all done up (just imagine her with black hair and for her to look like however you imagine Hyeri to be). Sunhwa's maid of honour dress and hair all ready.

They heard a knock on the door and turned to see Sooyoung and Bom in their bridesmaid dresses ,with their hair down all neatly. 7

"Hyeri you look amazing," Bom gushed as she walked over with Sooyoung behind her.

"You look much prettier on your wedding day than I did," Sooyoung said patting her veil down.

"Ani, Sooyoung unnie and Bom unnie both looked prettier," Hyeri blushed.

"Knock, knock, is it okay if I enter sweetie," the 4 girls turned to the door.

"You can come in appa," she fully turned around to greet her dad and brothers.

"Sweetie, it's time," he extended his left elbow for her. Hyeri gracefully lifted her dress and made her way to her father and took the bouqet in his hand and held it with her left hand and she rested her right on the crook of his elbow. Together the group of 7 walked to the door of the church and got into position. Hyeri and her dad in front, with Sunhwa behind then the 2 couples behind her. She felt someone staring at her so she turned her head to the left and her eyes connected with his he walked outside thorough the side door into the garden direction. She quickly pulled her hand from dads arm and gave him her bouquet to hold.

"Sweetie where are you going?" her dad asked confused.

"Give me 5 minutes appa, don't follow me okay," she gave him a kiss on the cheek and watched as her dad told the usher to postpone the entrance for another 5 minutes. As for Hyeri he picked up her dress and walked outside into the garden. There she saw him standing with his hands in his pocket leaning against the wall with his head hung low. She made her way to stand in front of him and lifted his head in her hands so he would look at her.

"I'm so sorry, forgive me, I'll always remember and love you but I'm sorry I can't be yours, thank you for teaching me the meaning of love." she whispered to him. He stared back and leaned forward to rest his forhead against hers.

"I'll always love you baby," he leaned down so their lips were about a cm apart before Hyeri pulled away. WIth her hands still on his face she gave him a lingering kiss on his cheek before turning away and rentered the church. He followed not so long after. She returned to her father and took the bouquet in her hand and rested her hand on the crook of his elbow. Her dad gave a nod to the usher and he in turn signalled the conductor to begin.

They both heard the wedding march strike up as the queue to enter. Hyeri quickly dabbed at the tears on her cheeks and looked forwards with a smile as the doors opened.

She could hear everyone standing up and turning to look at her as she entered with her dad. She could hear murmers, whispers and gasos of awe as she made her way down the aisle. Finally she reached the front where her groom stood. He walked down the steps and bowed down when he reached the two of them.

"Take care of my little girl," her dad gave her one last hug and a kiss on the forhead before giving her right hand to her groom.

"I will," he replied.

"And welcome to the family," her dad patted him on the shoulder.

"Thank you abeoji,"

He grasped Hyeri's hand tightly and gave it a squeeze before he led her up the steps to stand before the priest. The priest gave them both a small smile and a nod before he began the ceremony.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today, in the sight of God and this company, to witness and celebrate one of life's greatest moments, to give recognition to the worth and beauty of love, and to add our best wishes and blessings to the union of Choi Hyeri and

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Shim Changmin."

At the back of the church sitting on the very last row of pews on the bride's side was Byun Baekhyun.

FLASHBACK 1

11:59.

"Okay,"

"Okay? as in yes?" He leaned down to look at her eye to eye.

"Okay, as in yes. Okay as in, lets run away together," She shyly looked up at him.

12:00. The clock struck midnight.

"Is what the old Hyeri would have said," Hyeri pushed Baekhyun back slightly, enough for her to slip out of his arms.

"W-w-what?" Baekhyun asked confused. He stepped forwards towards her, and Hyeri took a step back. Baekhyun stopped before he tried to step closer again, and like before she stepped back.

"I'm sorry but Baekhyun Oppa, we are never getting back together," she avoided looking at him. (Reference to the Taylor Swift song. AND WHAT?!)

"Why not? Why can't we?" He tried to grasp onto her, the frustrated look on his face reminded her of a child who had his lollipop taken away.

"Tell me," he shook her before desperately pulling her into a tight hold.

"BECAUSE I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE!" Hyeri screamed pushing Baekhyun away before sinking down onto the floor with tears pooling in her eyes.

Baekhyun slid down onto the floor with his back leaning against the railings. He rested his elbows on his knees before putting his face in his hands and cried with despair.

The two sat there in silence for god knows how long before Baekhyun noticed Hyeri shivering.

"Lets go home," Hyeri looked up to see Baekhyun standing in front of her. She got up and together they both walked back to his car from the lighthouse with Hyeri 3 steps behind.

They drove back to Seoul in silence. Baekhyun stopped in front of the driveway gate and got out the car to greet Hyeri as she got out and walked to the gate. She walked to the gate in silence before running back and giving Baekhyun one last bittersweet kiss on his lips. Hyeri wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him close as Baekhyun wrapped his arms around her waist. She pulled back and stared at his face on last time before she pulled away and ran up the driveway without looking back.

"I love you baby," Baekhyun whispered into the night air as tears slid down his cheeks.

FLASHBACK 1 END

"Then, if you would, please turn to face one another and join hands as you each take your marital vows. Beginning with you, Changmin:
Do you, Shim Changmin, take Choi Hyeri, to be your lawfully wedded wife; to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, or for worse, for richer, or for poorer, in sickness, and in health? With respect for her integrity and faith in your union, do you promise to unfailingly seek out the best you can in her, loving her every day, in every way, until the end of your forever? If so, please answer: I DO."

"I do," Changmin said looking at Hyeri.

"And now you, Hyeri:
Do you,Choi Hyeri, take Shim Changmin, to be your lawfully wedded husband; to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, or for worse, for richer, or for poorer, in sickness, and in health? With respect for his integrity and faith in your union, do you promise to unfailingly seek out the best you can in him, loving him every day, in every way, until the end of your forever? If so, please answer: I DO."

"I do," Hyeri said without hesitation.

"We shall now exchange rings as a symbol of your love to one another.
Changmin, as you present Hyeri with her wedding ring and pledge your love and your
life to her, will you please repeat after me:
Hyeri, I give you this ring as a symbol of my lov
e. With all that I am, and all that I have, I promise to love and honor you always. With this ring, I thee wed."

"Hyeri, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love. With all that I am, and all that I have, I promise to love and honor you always. With this ring, I thee wed." Changmin took the ring given to him by his best man Kyuhyun and slid it onto her left hand before giving her a kiss on her hand.

"Hyeri as you present Changmin with his wedding ring and pledge your love and your life to him, will you please repeat after me:
Changmin, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love. With all that I am, and all that I have, I promise to love and honor you always. With this ring, I thee wed."

"Changmin, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love. With all that I am, and all that I have, I promise to love and honor you always. With this ring, I thee wed." Hyeri smiled at Sunhwa as she gave Hyeri her ring. Hyeri carefully slid it onto Changmin's finger.

"Changmin and Hyeri, in as much as you have consented to be joined together in the holy state of matrimony, and having pledged and sealed your vows by the giving and receiving of rings in the presence of both God and this company, it is with great pleasure that I now pronounce you husband and wife. What God hath joined together, let no man put as under.Congratulations! You may kiss the bride."

The priest shut his prayer book and smiled at the couple. Changmin pulled HYeri closer byt the waist and gave her a passionate kiss on the lips before pulling away and leaning his forehead aginst hers with a cheeky grin on his face. Hyeri replied back with a giggle before Changmin leaned down and gave her lips another peck. The couple stood upright when they heard the priest cough slightly, making them blush ever so slightly causing everyone to laugh.

"It is with great joy and honor that I now present to you Mr. and Mrs Hyeri and Changmin Shim!"

The crowd stood up and started to clap and cheer for the newlywed couple. As they walked down the steps they exchanged greetings with the elders before walking down the aisle. The guests threw confetti on the passing couple. When they neared Baekhyun, he put on a smile.

"Congratulations baby," He mouthed to Hyeri

"Thank you oppa," she mouthed back before she turned and smiled at her husband.

Not long after the guests all followed out. Baekhyun stood at a distance away from everyone else and looked on. He saw Hyeri smiling and taking photos with her family and friends.

He closed his eyes breifly before he felt pats on his shoulders. He turned around to spot the rest of EXO.

BAEKHYUN'S POV

"How are you holding up buddy?" Chanyeol asked.

"Not exactly great," I replied watching the laughing couple. Every time I saw Hyeri laugh and smile it brightened my world but it hurt just as bad knowing that the reason for her smiling wasn't because of me but because of another man.

"I'm sorry," Xuimin said putting his hand on my shoulder.

I let out a bitter laugh before I turned to face the group turning my back ont he joyous couple.

"It's funny because this is Karma,"

"But Hyung surely Chanmi leaving you was already you paying the price?" Tao said tilting his head ever so slightly.

"No, that was Karma for me cheating on her,"  I turned and gestured to the couple.

"This.This is a life lesson. This is karma taunting me and telling me how much of an idiot I am for hurting her in the first place. For letting something so precious slip through my hands." Chanyeol pulled me in to a brotherly hug as I broke down.

"We'll pull the car around, come join us when you're ready," they gave me comforting pats on the back as they passed.
I gathered myself together before getting in the back seat.

When we pulled out I gave one last look at Hyeri. Before the car sped off and she was out of sight. I faced forwards.

'That COULD have been me if I hadn't been so stupid. That SHOULD have been me. BUT it's too late now. Live a happy life Hyeri, know that I'll always love you baby'

THE END

___________________

 

 

 

*Blows party blowers, and throws confetti*

I'm finished

sorry it took so long for me to finish

I hope you enjoyed it and I hope to see you all soon if I write more one-shots

if you enjoyed this story do check out some of my other one-shots and my current on-going story:

On- Going : Maybe there won't be a next time ft Kris, Mei XIng (OC), Luhan, Li Ying (OC),Donghae & EXO

One-Shot : Don't judge me ft Kai & Gahee (OC)

One-Shot: Suit and Tie ft Sehun & Yoon Mi (OC)

One-Shot : Goodbye ft Baekhyun & Hyeri (OC)

Read, Enjoy, Comment, Subscribe

geekinthepinkglasses

xxx