The hero that saved her broken heart

The future he lost

NARRATOR'S POV

FLIGHT 0605 HAS ARRIVED AT INCHEON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. 
WELCOME TO INCHEON, SOUTH KOREA!

I HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED YOUR FLIGHT WITH AIR KOREA,
THE TEMPERATURE OUTSIDE IS 30°C
IF YOU ARE VISITING PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY
IF YOU ARE RETURNING TO SOUTH KOREA, WELCOME HOME!

A young lady was seen carrying her hand luggage as she exited the plane to get her suitcase. That young lady was none other than Choi Hyeri. Hyeri was returning to Korea after a year and a half, it was also the first time she had returned since her tragic wedding day. The reason she was back? Was because she had a really important matter to attend to here.

Once she collected her luggage and passed through customs she made her way out to the arrival area where she saw exactly who she was expecting holding a welcome sign with her name on it and a bouquet which had a selection of all her favourite flowers in it. She instantly wrapped her arms around their neck when she got close enough.

"Welcome home baby," the man said wrapping her in a tight embrace while he rested his cheek on her hair.

"Annyeong yeobo," she returned smiling in his arms.

The two broke apart and he held her hand while dragging her luggage for her out to his car, he put her luggage in the car before opening the door for her to get in and then got into the driver side.

Who was the guy you wonder? The young man was none other than Shim Changmin her fiance, heir to Shim conglomerate who was currently business partners with Hyeri's family business Choi Conglomerate. Hence the marriage between the two was instantly accepted. The two chose to get married not because of business reasons but because they truly loved and adored each other. After all Changmin helped patch Hyeri's heart back together, what started off as friendship eventually blossomed into a love story, as Changmin helped Hyeri recover her broken heart, he too left a deep impression.

"Baby, I'm going to drop you off back at your house okay? I can't stay though cos I have a meeting to go back to now," he said giving her an apologetic look.

"Do you really have to go back? Is it more important than spending time with your fiance?" Hyeri asked in a cute voice while putting on the biggest pout ever.

"Baby, you know I really want to but the meeting is really important and it's between our grandads,dads and your oppas, so I can't not return, after all they already let me leave in the middle of the meeting to pick you up," he gave her a gentle tap on the tip of her nose. Hyeri understood the severity of the situation when she heard the elders were holding the meeting.

"Arasso, but call me when the meeting is over okay?"

"Of course," He said with a big smile taking her hand in his.

Changmin drove up the huge pathway and quickly dropped his fiance off before leaving for the meeting. She barely stepped foot in the house when a voice screamed her name and she looked up with a smile.

"Hyeri Imo!" A girl aged 3 screamed.

"Hello Jihye," Hyeri scooped up the girl and carried her into the living room where she saw her grandma, mum and sisters-in-law. She set Jihye on the floor who then ran into her mothers arms.

"Welcome home petal," Her mum stood up and gave her a kiss on the forehead and a hug. She moved to see her grandma who did the exact same. Hyeri then crouched on the floor beside a 5 year old boy and ruffled his hair.

"Sang ho, are you not going to say hello to imo?" the boy who was busy playing with the building blocks looked up and dropped his blocks the moment he saw his aunt. He instantly threw himself onto her.

"Imo, bogoshipo!" he nuzzled into her hug.

"I missed you too," he straightened up and ran to his mum.

"Hyeri-ah me and Sooyoung unnie are going to start on dinner tonight, come with us into the kitchen we can catch up while we cook," Bom said standing up with Jihye in her arms.

Jihye and Sang ho played together in the corner while their grandma and great-grandma watched over them, while sipping on their tea. Hyeri followed after Bom and Sooyoung and sat at the counter while the other two started to cook.

"I can't believe you're getting married this weekend," Sooyoung spoke while peeling the vegetable.

"I know, I think I returned to Korea last minute, maybe I should have arrived at least a month ago,"

"You really left it last minute considering your wedding is in 2 days time,"

"Well at least i'm here in advance and not returning on the day of the wedding," Hyeri stuck her tongue out and began to munch on the apple.

"Well you're also lucky that you have two amazing sisters-in-law and a well organized maid of honour who basically planned your wedding for you while you were still abroad,"  said a girl leaning against the kitchen door frame.

The three girls int he kitchen turned around and saw Hyeri's maid of honour.

"Sunhwa unnie!"

"Hey bestie!"

"When did you arrive?"

"Just now, Changmin oppa said that you were home officially,"

"Bom unnie, Sooyoung unnie is it okay if I go get coffee with Sunhwa unnie right now?"

"yeah, just be home for dinner okay,"

"Will do,"

Hyeri and Sunhwa left for the nearby coffee shop. When the two arrived there they sat in a quite booth and Sunhwa went over the weding details with Hyeri.

"I got everything the way you wanted it to be in your scrap book," Sunhwa placed the book onto the table and slid it back to Hyeri.

"Thank you so much, and thank you for being my maid of honour, I hope you liked the dress I designed for you,"

"I absolutely love it, and it fits perfectly, I can't wait to see your dress though," Sunhwa gushed, she then received a message.

"Hyeri I'm going to go first okay, I have an important business to attend to regarding your flowers,"

"Do you want me to come with?"

"It's fine sweetie, I can go, don't stress I have it all under control," she gave hyeri a peck on the cheek and bid farewell first.

*BEEP*

Hyeri was notified that she had a text.

TO: Baby Wifey RiRi
FROM: Changminnie oppa
Baby, where are you? Siwon Hyung said that Sooyoung noona said that you went out. I'll be home in about 15 minutes. x

TO:Changminnie oppa
FROM:
Baby Wifey RiRi
Hey oppa, I'm just at the coffee shop about 5 minutes away from my house, come pick me up when you arrive home with the elders but walk here so we can go on a nice stroll before dinner x

TO: Baby Wifey RiRi
FROM: Changminnie oppa
Of course jagiya! I'll see you in a bit . Love you xxx

 

TO:Changminnie oppa
FROM:
Baby Wifey RiRi
I'll be waiting yeobo! Love you too xxx

"Here you are miss, here is another cup of White Caffe Mocha for you, please enjoy," a waitress said slidding the cup onto the table.

"Thank you so much," she bowed. Hyeri absent mindly stirred her coffee while she reminisced about how Changmin had been this Prince Charming that had managed to salvage and save her heart. A task she thought was impossible. 

She also remember how far along in life she has come since Baekhyun betrayed her.

FLASHBACK 1 BEGIN
She had moved successfully to New York thanks to her family. She was staying in a spacious 2 floor apartment in the centre. There she attended a fashion academy to get a fashion degree on top of her business degree. While attedning the academy she met her current best friend Han Sunhwa who was the only other Korean girl at the academy. Around 2 months after Hyeri had moved to New York she noticed that she had a new neighbour across the landing. She decided to formally introduce herself by bringing a batch of freshly baked cookies to give to them. When her neighbour opened the door she found out it was a guy. Not just any random guy, a really young, asian and hot looking guy.

"Hello, can I help you?" he asked tilting his head ever so slightly to the side.

"Erm, Annyeong, I mean hi," Hyeri corrected herself and lowered her head to hide the blush appearing on her face.

"Anyeong? So you're korean too?" His voiced seemed to have brightened up.

"Yeh, I'm korean and I'm your neighbour who lives opposite you," she said quietly tucking a stand of hair behind her ear while shuffling her right foot shyly against the floor

"Chincha?! Come in lets talk inside," Changmin ushered Hyeri into his apartment.

Hyeri marvelled at how he had designed his house with the minimalistic style only black,white and grey. She passed a shelf filled with pictures of Changmin, and a row caught her attention. Hyeri gasped when she recognised the photos.

"Changmin oppa?" She asked when she spun around to face him.

"Huh how do you know my name? Are you some sort of stalker? Oppa? Erm you're freaking me out just a bit," Changmin slowly backed away from Hyeri with each step she took towards him.

"Oppa of course I know you, it's me Choi Hyeri, the girl in these photos with you," Hyeri picked up a picture frame with a picture of 2 kids standing behind a heart drawn on the sand with their names inside.

"Hyeri? As in RiRi, my childhood friend?"

"Yeah, what a coincidence huh oppa?"

"It really is, must be fate. I miss my teddy bear so much," Changmin pulled her into a hug and nuzzled his face into her hair and took a deep breath before releasing it in a long sigh.
FLASHBACK 1 END

FLASHBACK 2 BEGIN
Not soon after about a month or so, Changmin decied he would ask Hyeri to be his girlfriend, at first she was hesitant and avoided him. Till he decided it was time to act, that night he tricked Hyeri to come over.

*RING RING*

"Hello?"

"Hyeri-ah, it's Changmin,"

"Oh, oppa, I'm really bsuy," Hyeri lied.

"Please Hyeri-ah , jus..................." Hyeri heard a loud crash.

"Hello? Changmin oppa? Are you there?" she asked worried

"........................."

Hyeri immediately dropped her phone and ran to Changmin's door and knocked, there was no reply, Hyeri got his emergency key form underneath the mat and entered in. When the door swung open, Hyeri's mouth dropped. There in front of her was Changmin on one knee holding a bouqet of roses.

"Changmin oppa, you tricked me!" She threw a mini tantrum, and turned to leave when Changmin grabbed her wrist and stopped her from leaving.

"Please, don't leave. I know why you're scared,"

"You don't know anything,"

"I do, I asked Seunghyun hyung, he explained everything,"

"H-h-h-h-he did?" She turned to face him with tears b in her eyes.

"They did, and I want you to know, not everyone is like you're ex-fiance. I promise you that you can trust me, I won't hurt you. I know time is what it is going to take to heal you, and I'm ready to help you through it. I know in time you will heal. In time you too will learn to love me," Changmin wiped the dripping tears with his thumbs and gently carressed her cheeks, before placing a soft kiss on them.

"I'll try oppa," She said looking at him while blinking cutely unintentionally, making his heart skip and jump.
FLASHBACK 2 END

FLASHBACK 3 BEGIN
Changmin treated her like a princess, not once had he made her cry. He always knew how to make a smile appear on her face from how he always assured her that she was perfectly gorgeous and nothing less.

Hyeri was lounging about at home in her apartment in the bustling city of New York. She was now an official designer and quite world known she went by her English name Hayley now, the only people that called her Hyeri were her family, best friend Sunhwa and Changmin. She had today off and she could finish her sketches for the next collection at home. She was lying on her stomach flicking through a fashion magazine that featured her last collection. Dressed casually in a baggy t-shirt and short shorts and make up free, she knew no-one would disturb her. When she heard the door beep signaling that someone had entered. She turn her head to see Changmin walking towards her. Hyeri immediately rolled off the sofa and crawled behind it. Changmin stood there looking very amused at his girlfriend and her weird antics that he was used to.

"Baby, what are you doing?

"I'm hiding, you can't see me now!"

"Why is that?"

"It's because so far you've seen me when I am always perfect and pretty with my make-up on, you can't see me make-up free I look ugly," she whined behind the sofa.

Changmin walked bhind the sofa and lifted her up bridal style, Hyeri hid her face in his chest. He sat himself down and adjusted Hyeri on his lap. Changmin tilted her head to look at him, but she covered her face with her hands.

"Listen to me baby, I love you and I will love you with or without make-up. In fact I absolutely worship and adore you, so that means I will stick with you through thick and thin, and so that means me seeing you make-up free will not chase me away. If i'm honest with you, I think you look perfectly gorgeous and like a goddess without the make-up on,"

"Really?" she asked lowering her hands down.

"Really," He gave her a kiss filled with adoration.
FLASHBACK 3 END

 

FLASHBACK 4 BEGIN
It's been 10 months since they started dating, they were deeply in love. Inside both of them they knew that they were destined for each other. It was more than just fate it was like God had purposely gave life to each of them to find each other and live as one together. Soulmates. A match made in heaven. One night, Hyeri was suddenly asked to stay after hours to do some random last minute adjustment to her upcoming collection.
When she did finally leave it was 10pm already, she was arriving home much later than her usual time of 5pm. She entered into a pitch black apartment, she kicked off her heels and the lights.

In front of her was a trail made out of rose petals with a huge arrow with FOLLOW ME written on it. She did as told, as she followed along she saw pictures of her and Changmin hanging on bits of strings. It had them as kids growing up and when she got in front of the roof door and out onto the roof garden she saw about 100 photos of her and Changmin in the last 10 months posted all over the large wall on the rooftop. The words turn around was written at the top, when she did she saw Changmin in a suit with a soft smile.

He walked towards her before kneeling on one knee and pulling out a ring box from his pocket. Hyeri gasped and cupped her hands around .

"Choi Hyeri, we have known each other since we were little kids. I have honestly loved you since we were kids, moving away and leaving you behind was the most heartbreaking thing ever. But I know that we were made for each other the moment you entered my life again in the most coincidental way ever. But now that you are here in my arms, I swear on my life to protect you till the day we die, I won't let a single soul hurt you, I promise to cherish and love you, worship and adore you till the day we both grow old and die together. So what I'm asking is, Choi Hyeri will you do the pleasure of being my baby, my queen,my soulmate and my wife?"

"Yes! YES! A MILLION TIMES YES!!!!!!!!" She cried while throwing her arms around his neck. Changmin instantly caught her in his arms and spun her around and then set her on the floor before turning to face the city and screamed.

"I'M MARRYING CHOI HYERI! I'M THE LUCKIEST MAN ALIVE!" Hyeri laughed and hit Changmin's arm while giggling. Changmin quickly turned back to face her and brought her back into his arms.

"Thank you so much, Hyeri, you have made me the happiest man alive,"

He leaned down adn gave her a kiss. The two then ended the night with a long passionate kiss on the rooftop with the lights of the bustling city twinkling behind.
FLASHBACK 4 END

Hyeri, let out a dreamy sigh as she sipped on the warm cup of mocha. She stared out the window at the happy couples passing by. She was to busy looking outside to notice the young man who pulled out a chair and sat at her table.

"What are you looking at baby?"  Hyeri turned to her left and saw Changmin.

"Nothing oppa, just day dreaming," Changmin took a sip from her cup  while leaning back in his seat.

"Actually yes, I was, I was remembering how I met you again, how you asked me out, when we were dating and when you proposed to me,"

"3 of the most happiest days in my life," Changmin held her left hand in his right and held it against his cheek before turning his head to kiss the palm of her hand.

"I never told you this before oppa, but thank you so much,"

"For what?" He asked confused, playing with her fingers.

"For everything, for fixing my heart, for treating me like a princess, for proposing to me and for loving me with all your heart. You are too kind, I don't deserve it all,"

"Hush! If I didn't love you who else would I love?"

"Another girl,"

"But that didn't happen, I love you and only you. We were made for each other and there is no denying that, get all these silly thoughts out of your mind, if I didn't love you, I wouldn't be marrying you in 2 days now would I?"

Hyeri giggled and sighed in content as they held hands and stared into each others eyes.

"Of course, I know I'm just being silly, let's go home oppa, it's probably time for dinner,"

"Sure things, baby don't worry I already payed for the drinks, lets go,"

The two walked home hand in hand with the setting sun as their backdrop.

Prince Charming and his Saved Damsel in Distress walked towards their happy ending.

______________________

Here is the first update i.e Chapter 1

This one is focused entirely on Hyeri, a background for you guys to understand what she had faced after she ran away.

How she met Changmin and how they are like made for each other.

It's quite fluffy this chapter

and then BAM we will get the heartbreak and drama soon-ish i.e next chapter

THANK YOU FOR ALL TEH SUBSCRIBERS SO FAR

I LOVE YOU AWESOME PEOPLE!!!!

CONTINUE TO SUBSCRIBE PEEPS.

COMMENT TOO

MOST IMPORTANTLY, ENJOY MY STORY

geekinthepinkglasses