Love is All that Matters

"Vibrant Dreams, Opulent Memories and Heartwarming Wishes" by: Krissing_Reds

Esmé's POV

Love is all that matters – Eric Carmen

(a/n. Please read it slowly…)

.

.

.

.

Pause…

Stop…

And listen…

Soft piano keys disrupt the silence in the building as I go up the stairs.

.

.

.

Accompanied by lower and compassionate notes as the song volumes up …

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I slowly continue to walk up the stairs until I reached the door of the room. I opened the door at a snail’s pace, not to disturb the pianist playing that wonderful music. As I walk in, a polished black piano was in place at the center of a room filled with glass mirrors to the left and rays of sunshine shining through the opaque curtains to the right.

A more dramatic tone of the music greets me and I felt a bit touched just listening to its keys. The room gradually turns orange due to the afternoon sun shining down from the heavens.

Who could be behind that piano?

From the mirrors, I see a reflection of Blake closing his eyes, feeling and playing the music behind the ivories. He sings and his voice ades in every corner of the room.

Night after night
Searchin' for the light
You saved me
You gave me something I could feel

Love is all that matters
Faithful and forever
Keepin' us together
Love is all we need
Prisoner of illusion
Sentence is suspended
Loneliness is ended
Love has set me free

He continues to play but with much more passion and heart.  I then decided to approach him and sit beside him.

Walking past the piano, I slowly placed the tips of my fingers on its smooth black surface as I focused my eyes on him and only him. He seemed very dedicated and concentrated on it, looking at nothing but its ivory keys. He lets out a smile. I guess he sensed that I was near.

I stood beside him.

He uttered, “Sing.”

I closed my eyes and tried to remember the lyrics at that part of the song. Once I got it, I sang,

Now I can see

All that love can be
You saved me
You gave me
Something that was real

 

Love is all that matters
Faithful and forever
Keepin' us together
Love is all we need
Prisoner of illusion
Sentence is suspended
Loneliness is ended
Love has set me free

He then sang along with me as the song came to an end,

Love is all that matters
Faithful and forever
Keepin' us together
Love is all we need
Prisoner of illusion
Sentence is suspended
Loneliness is ended
Love has set me free

I stayed behind as I watch him play the last notes of the song with his, what seems to be, delicate fingers.

.

.

.

.

Once the song had ended, I clapped my hands and continued to praise him as he sat still in front of the piano. I slowly approached him and planned on placing my hands onto his shoulders, giving him a shake as a sign of praise.

I gave him a shake but he didn’t budge. I stared into the notes of the song and decided to sit beside him. He moved to the side and let me sit down. I placed my fingers on the piano and tried to playing it. SUCH AN EPIC FAILURE.

Sounds of random notes fill the air because of my frustration. I then looked to Blake, hoping that he’ll teach me though he was still looking at the keyboard.

I plotted a kiss on his cheek and whispered, “Thank you!” I rested my head on his shoulders.

He kissed my head several times, then I lifted my head facing him. I stared at his eyes and he stared at mine. He grabbed my hand and filled it with kisses once again. I giggled.

He then placed my hands down, grabbed my head and kissed me on the lips. I closed my eyes and let my thoughts flutter away.

.

.

.

I heard him whisper, “I love you, Esmé”.

.

.

.

I love you Blake!” I replied.