Chapter 4

Double Trouble & Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho reluctantly got up in the middle night to use the restroom. He checked his alarm clock. It said 3 AM. He glanced over expecting to see Jay but was confused when he found an empty and already made bed.

 

"Huh? It's 3 AM in the morning. Where could he be?" He got out of bed, grabbed a hoodie and went out. Minho searched around school and was getting a little anxious. "Aish..this guy. Did he get lost or something? You would think, by now, he would find his way around school..and back to his dorm room. And it's even midnight." He reached the soccer field and heard someone panting. Minho didn't want to alarm the person, so he stood behind a tree, hoping to get a good glance at who it was.

 

It was dark at night so Minho couldn't tell who it was. After a few minutes, it seemed as if the moon had shifted, the bright moonlight shined onto the soccer field, revealing the brown haired pretty boy, Jay.

 

Minho's heart began to beat furiously. The boy looked so nice, laughing and smiling as if he were having fun with a group of friends, but really, he was all alone on the field with a soccer ball. Minho was mesmerized by how happy and content Jay looked. He looked as if he was having the time of his life. He watched Jay in awe. His heart beating faster and faster as he observed Jay's every move and heard his laugh.

 

"Waaah. This feels so great!" Sulli yelled out, not knowing Minho was secretly watching her. "I haven't had this much fun in such a long time." She gave a strong clear shot and yelled, "SCORE!" as the ball went into the goal.

 

Minho chuckled.

 

'So he's been doing personal practice on his own? He's really getting better and better.'

 

Sulli giggled and fell onto the cool grassy field. Minho slowly walked towards Sulli. He found her lying on the ground her with her eyes closed.

 

Minho smiled. Knowing that Jay had health problems, he was genuinely happy that he was able to enjoy playing sports so much. His heart was still beating furiously.

 

'What is this feeling? Why is my heart beating like this?' Minho crouched down next to Sulli quietly, not hoping to scare her. 'Jay, what is it about you that is so intriguing?'

 

Then, Minho realized what it was.

 

Sulli, still with her eyes closed, broke into a wide smile. "This feels so nice. Being able to do the thing I love the most for the first time in my life. For the first time, I don't have to be sitting on the bleachers watching people play. I'm playing soccer. It all feels like a dream."

 

Minho looked at the boy with gentle eyes. He realized what Jay had that he didn't.

 

He had the passion and love for playing the sport that Minho had lost. For a long time, soccer practices for Minho had been tough and straining. He had practiced the sport for the sake of getting the scholarship to United Kingdom. He forgot to look back to the days he played the sport just for the sake of playing it. He forgot how fun it was to just enjoy kicking that ball and the phenomenal feeling of scoring it not just for a game or tournament but for himself.

 

'Gomawo, Jay. Even though we've just met, you've already taught me so many things..' Minho grinned at the smiling boy in front of him.

 

Minho reached to ruffle Jay's hair, "Yah, are you sleep walking? You're going to give someone a fright."

 

Sulli immediately shot her eyes open to meet Minho's gaze right above her. "M-Minho. What are you doing here at this hour?"

 

Minho smirked. "I should be asking YOU that question, shouldn't I? I wake up in the middle of the night to find my roommate missing from his bed. A responsible roommate would be a little worried, wouldn't he?"

 

Sulli giggled. "Mianhae. I thought I'd put in some extra effort by giving myself personal practices. The varsity try outs are just around the corner. I feel like I shouldn't be wasting any time." Suddenly her heart began to sting in pain. Sulli began to cough furiously.

 

Alarmed, Minho helped her up. "Yah, yah! Are you alright? What's wrong?"

 

Feeling as if someone was stabbing her chest with daggers, Sulli tried to act as if she was fine. "Nothing's wrong. Just a little exhausted from the work out."

 

"Sit up straight, maybe that will help a little."

 

Sulli smiled at Minho. This was the first time she and Minho were this close to each other. She examined Minho's features as he helped her and patted her back. She noticed his pouty lips and froggy eyes. He was handsome under the moonlight. Her heart began beating abnormally. It was not because it was hurting but something else..."Gomawo" was all she could say, smiling at Minho with her soft eyes.

 

Minho smiled back at her, with his heart beating fast as well. Trying to break his awkwardness, he said, "So, what are you going to do about the Spring dance? Wouldn't it be a little awkward for you to go?"

 

Sulli looked at him curiously. "Hm? How come?"

 

"You know..because you transferred to the rival school. Won't people start eyeing you weirdly or anything?"

 

"Oh, that. I'm actually still considering. I don't know if I'll go or not. I'll probably be a little busy that day. You see, my older brother, Siwon, kind of wants me to run some errands with him that night."

 

"Oh really? Then what about your sister? So she's not going as well? Jonghyun is going to be so disappointed!" Minho said jokingly.

 

Sulli laughed.

 

"Well, as for my sister..."

 

(flashback)

 

"Mwo? So I'm just going to be me at the Spring dance? Are you sure that's going to work?" Sulli asked questioned over the phone call.

 

"Yes, Ssul! Unless you want to act two roles in the same night." Victoria assured her.

 

"But, what if they find out that I've been the one disguising as Jay all this time?"

 

"They won't! With my make over skills, you'll be the most beautiful girl that night! Besides, you've told them that Jay has a twin sister, haven't you? They'll just assume that you're the sister!" Victoria replied cheerfully.

 

"Then what excuse should I make for Jay?"

 

"Just say that he got the flu or something or that he has to go somewhere else that night. No one will know!"

 

"Arasseo, Vic..I sure hope that your plan is going to work...!" Sulli squealed anxiously.

 

"Don't worry, it will. You just worry about what you're going to do when you see Nichkhun. You know that he's going to be there, right?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter