Chapter 2

Double Trouble & Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Taemin-yah, pass! I'm open!" Minho yells across the field as he struggles to get to a free spot in front of the soccer goal.

 

"Here!" Taemin immediately passes the ball to Minho. Minho swiftly manipulates the ball to pass the person in front of him. With a strong kick, he shoots.

 

"SCORE!" Taemin yells, throwing his hands up in the air and falls backwards onto the grass, rejoicing.

 

Hyunwoo, the soccer captain, and the same guy Minho had surpassed before making the shot, turned around and smiled. "Yah, Minho-yah. You're really getting serious aren't you? That was a great block and shot!"

 

Minho semi-bowed. "Kamsahamnida sunbae."

 

"That was really something. You're even better than I am now!" Hyunwoo proudly pats Minho's shoulders.

 

"Ani. I was lucky." Minho smiled.

 

"Alright, everyone! Come in! Let's wrap it up for today!" The SM soccer coach yelled. All team members gathered in to listen to the pep talk before being dismissed. "We'll be having varsity tryouts soon. Everyone here will have to work hard for the spot. Being on the team this year will not guarantee your position for the next. Good work today! Alright, on 3!"

 

The team players gathered in a huddle and did their ending practice cheer as usual, "3, 2, 1, Team!" before heading to the locker rooms and hitting the showers.

 

Before Minho was about to head in a long with Taemin and Hyunwoo, the coach called out for him.

 

"Ah, Minho-yah. Stay for a while, I need to talk to you."

 

The three of them looked confused.

 

"Hyung, Hyunwoo-hyung and I will head in first, yea?" Taemin playfully punches Minho's arms.

 

"Alright guys, I'll catch you later." Minho replies and runs towards the coach.

 

"Ne, coach? You wish to see me?"

 

"Yes, Minho-yah. Great work today. Your skills are becoming better and better. You're really living up to that legendary high school soccer player title aren't you?"

 

"Ani, coach. I still have lots to work on."

 

"Don't be modest! Ever since that win for the rivalry game last year against JYP, you've been on top of your game and in such great shape."

 

"Kamsahamnida. I was simply in a good shape against JYP that day. It was entirely luck." Minho bowed.

 

"You little rascal. Always so modest. That game against JYP and the star player, Nichkhun Horvejkul, was it? That was really great. Watching you play is always phenomenal. You've been doing some high technique shots but somehow I still feel like you are lacking in something."

 

Lacking? Minho thought.

 

"Ne?"

 

"It's wonderful that you are making nearly every shot, but I don't really feel the passion anymore. It's like you are just playing to score all these points. Which is the intention for the game but I want you to go back and think about the whole process of the game and why you like being a part of it. You know that I will be choosing someone for that scholarship to the United Kingdom and I'm sure it will be a great opportunity for you because you've always dreamed of becoming a professional soccer player."

 

"Ne.."

 

"I want you to know that going pro is not as easy as you think. It's not all just about having these skills which, you already have, but there are emotional problems that come a long as well. Understanding that having the shots to the game is not enough."

 

"Ye..I will think about it." Minho looked confused as ever.

'Having the shots is not enough for a soccer player? Then what is it that I am lacking?'

 

The soccer coach smiled at Minho and patted his shoulders.

 

"Not to worry, Minho. I'm sure you will figure it out how what you're lacking very soon. That passion will come naturally once you know what you're missing. Head on in with the rest now."

 

"Ne. Kamsahamnida." Minho bowed and left.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Sulli on the phone with Siwon)

"Ne, oppa. I am fine. I'll be staying at V

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter