Meaningful attempts

Knitted With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My doll like fingers seem to twitch to life as I attempt to reactivate my frozen body with my struggling mind. I can still hear his weak cries calling out and echoing within my head urging me on to wake up faster. My eyes unstick slowly and painfully as they look side to side within the rubbery darkness of my eyelids. Light seeps in through the slight gap between both my lids making my orbs sting a little but not too much. My vision is slightly blurred but to be able to see the opposite colour to eternal black is a good sign anyhow. However, before my eyes focus I can hear rummaging withing the room... We were not alone as I thought we would be...

 

"12:45... Let's see..." It's a nurse. I feel her grasp my hand carefully "hmmm... Pulse rate seems to be fine and breathing... Oh my, oh my oh my• she says in sudden surprise "Thank the Lord, Ma'am? Oh my, this is great news and the quickest recovery ever recorded!"  She sings as her voice became high in pitch due to an unknown happiness.

 

My eyes finally become the clearest they can but not fully and I look down towards her, her face is beaming wih delight. "W-what are you making all the commotion for?" I ask with my voice hoarse.

 

"Ma'am please don't push yourself! Just relax and I'll inform your father of your early wake" she says excitedly and walks off towards the door quickly. Not like I took any notice as my head turned straight towards the boy next to me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter