Epilogue:)

Friends?

 

[Epilogue]
  Me and Chunji decided to split up first in order to pursue our long waited dreams. For two years, I was at London while Chunji was at America. Now, I'm back at home, resting, enjoying life... I wonder how Chunji's doing though. Don't take this the wrong way, I still do love Chunji but stidies comes first. I mean, you have to straight yourself up before starting a relationship right?
  Anyways, I went out to have a stroll in the park. You know enjoying the breeze, looking kids playing cheerfully. I was actually feeling good. Free from all that drama from the last two years and studying my off. I am studying medication and hope to either be a nurse or a doctor. Anything works. Probably working at the children's hospital. It would be awesome to work there. Helping kids get better, seeing their smiles. I love kids but the thing I fear most is... Childbirth. But hey, you have to go through it even if you don't want to.I was strolling down the pathway when I accidentally bumped into a guy.
  "I'm so sorry. I-" I looked at his face. It was Chunji! Oh my gosh. Both of our sorry faces turned into smiles.
  "Hana!" He cried, hugging me tight. Finally, the moment I've been waiting all this time. Being held and feeling his warmth. So this is how it felt, being in love.
  "Chunji. You're back too?"
  "Yeah..." He let go of me quickly. He felt awkward. Lol. It wasn't awkward at all. We walked across the park, talking about our careers and stuff. Doing some catching up.
  By the way, it was our birthdays again. Same. Two days apart. We decided to celebrated both our birthdays on May 1st. Oh yeah. Sungjae, from BtoB, has the same birthday as me. Neat.
  Anyways, he handed me a box. Beautifully decorated.
  "Advanced birthday present," I opened it and... Gummy bears. Yep. Gummy bears. Same old Chunji. There was a note. I started to read it but I didn't realize Chunji ran away.
  "Happy Birthday Hana! I didn't know what to get you so.. I got you gummy bears! Anyways, I have a special girl for you to meet later on. Meet me back here at 3pm. See ya!" I read. My heart sank a little. He already got himself a girl. Argh. I knew I shouldn't have spilt up with him. But, I'm glad he's happy. 
[Later at the Park]
  I was sitting on the bench, surprisingly calm and fine. No worries or feeling if depression. I was reading a book as I waited for the love birds to come. Coincidentally, the page I was reading had a link with what I'm dealing with now. Creepy...
  "...How could he not understand after all these years-" I was interrupted by laughter from far ahead. I have forgotten to wear my contacts so I couldn't see much. It seems like a couple. They were holding hands. As they came nearer, everything was clear. They were Chunji and... Sa Rang. They were together?! I faked a smile as the drew near.
  "So. This is my girlfriend. Sa Rang," Chunji introduced her to me as if we've never met before. Dumb . I faked a smile again, shaking her hand. 
  "How did you guys meet?" I say, trying to break the awkward silence.
  "Well," Sa Rang began, "we met at university in America and we finally clicked." My heart sank a little. I guess fate does give second chances. The three of us walked down the path to the nearest café. I walked a stepped slower than the two of them, trying not to be the third wheel. Suddenly, Chunji grabbed my wrist from the front and pulled me forward. 
  He was holding my wrist firmly, not letting go and slowly held my hand. Clasping his hand with mine. What is he doing? We went into the café and Chunji ordered the drinks. Of course as couples, they ordered only one drink and shared it. Looking into each other's eye as they drink. I felt both disgusted and tingly on the inside. I wish I could do that with someone special. Specifically, Chunji. I didn't realize I was staring at them and quickly coughed to break the weird couple thing going on.
  "Ha... What would I do without my two girls?" Chunji said, smiling to both of us. What do you mean your two girls? I'm not yours, you're Sa Rang's. he left to get us some cakes when Sa Rang suddenly looked frantic and spoke.
  "Hana. I've got something really important to tell you," I nodded, she suddenly started crying a bit. Instead, she passed me an envelope and left. What the heck!? Then, Chunji came back with a cake.
  "There was only 1 slice left. You could share with Sa- Where is Sa Rang?" He looked around frantically. I was speechless. Probably she had a problem. As Chunji sat to eat the cake, surprisingly calm. Maybe Sa Rang always does this. Disappearing all of a sudden. I secretly looked at the envelope.
  "To, Kim Hana. From, Im Sa Rang," there was an obvious writing at the bottom. "Don't tell Chunji, or else he'll shatter." What could the letter possibly say? What could be so important?
[Home]
  I ripped open the envelope and read the neatly written letter. There were little wet spots all over it. Obviously Sa Rang was shedding tears while writing it. I know the feeling...
 
 
 
[Letter]
Dear Hana,
  I know this is shocking but I have to leave Chunji. The reason I dated him these two years was because I wanted to make him happy. He always liked me and never stopped but then you came along. You made him have mixed feelings. Thanks to you, I can put my mind off pitying him all day long. You liked him and he liked you too but he didn't realize it.
  Anyways, 3 weeks ago I found out that I had only a month to live. Yes. Today is the due date that I was supposed to die. I don't know what illness I have but my doctor said that today is the last day I'll be living on Earth. Please take care of Chunji for him even though I haven't fulfilled my live for him. I do love him and he's a fragile person. Please watch out for him for me.  One more thing,  when you guys are at my funeral, please tell Chunji not to cry. I don't want him to cry because of me. I know he'll be hirting a for a few months. Fighting! Thank you, Hana.  :)
From: Your friend,
     Sa Rang...
  Tears start to fall. I can't believe it. Sa Rang, dying? Forget everything else. I need to fulfill Sa Rang's unfinished business for her. Number 1 priority: Take care of Chunji with all my heart. I quickly rushed out the door an ran to Sa Rang's house.
  I pushed the door open and Chunji was there, crying with Sa Rang laying unconscious on the floor. He found out already. There was a letter too. Only it was directed to Chunji. I read it.
  "...please take care of yourself. Sorry for making you have mixed feelings and being upset. Anyways, that wasn't me. The love you gave me wasn't actually for me. It was for Hana. You were blinded by me. You have my permission to date her. Please don't break her heart. Stay strong. Fighting.." I read as tears start to fall. I sat at the corner, watching Chunji cry, hugging Sa Rang on the floor. I feel really bad right now. It's like all my energy had worn out. I don't know what to do. 
[During the funeral]
  I was really quiet throughout the funeral. No tears, just a solemn expression. Chunji on the other hand, was looking so hopeless. Like his life was totally over. I thought f cheering him up but maybe it's not time yet. For a few months I have to leave him alone. And that's what I did.
  2 months without seeing him or contacting him. Everyday within that two months, I've been worrying sick about him. Afraid he would commit suicide or do something absurd. Hey, that could happen to someone who had lost his special someone. 
  On a very fateful day, I bumped into him while walking down a street, perpendicular to my house. He seemed rather happy to see me though. He smiled from ear to ear. What's going on? I looked confused.
  "Hi. Long time no see," he spoke first, breaking the silence.
  "Yeah. I thought I should give you sometime to move on."
  "Thanks. Wanna go get a drink?" He asked, putting his hands into his pockets, biting his lip. Why must he bite his lips. Oh my gosh... *-* I nodded and walked next to him. Doesn't he feel sad about not having Sa Rang by him? Just as we were chatting while drinking at the café, I noticed a familiar looking girl.She looked fit and healthy. A pretty face, perfect height, long legs. What was her name again? I got it! Eun Ji! The new,competitive, sporty girl from high school.
 
 
[Chunji POV]
  Yes! I bumped into Hana! I've been searching for her for awhile. Sa Rang was right. I was blinded by her and the girl I fell in love with was Hana after all. How couldn't I realize. Every time I look at her, I get all woah and end up staring at her. Stupid right?
  Anyways, it's been awhile since I had some company. During these 2 months, I've been miserable lately. Seeing Sa Rang everywhere after her death. I thought I was going insane but thank god I bumped into Hana. She's like the savior to all my problems. Bringing peace back to me. I treated her a drink at the usual café. Just as we were chatting away, I saw Sa Rang's figure again. Smiling at me as if she's happy for me. I blinked twice to be sure if she was really there but then she vanished into the thin air. I didn't bother about too much since this happened to me multiple of times before. Shortly after that, Hana had the same expression on her ace. She was staring at someone behind me. I turned around to see who it was but no one was there but a plant and a wall. I guess she's seeing things too.
[Hana POV] 
  I could've sworn I saw Eun Ji standing right behind Chunji. Am I seeing things. I shook my head and drank my coffee. Probably because of the lack of sleep I guess. I quickly excused myself to go back home but Chunji insisted to send me back. Here I am, sitting on my desk, reading.
  "...blah blah blah.." A gust of wind flew by and opened the windows. How come the wind is so strong nowadays? It's summer. Hmm? I continued reading while enjoying the cooling air. 
  Suddenly, Eun Ji came out of no where. She was beautifully dressed and I had no control over my body. I started following her from behind and ended up on a street. As soon as she vanished into the thin air, I was snapped back to reality. I was aware of my surroundings and saw Chunji walking around, all blur-faced. He stopped at the centre of the road and was finally aware if his surroundings. Unfortunately, a car was about to pass by. I quickly jumped out and pushed him to the side, bringing the both of us to safety. 
  He cupped my face as he stood up. "Are you okay?" I nodded. Of course I'm fine. I'm the one who saved him.
  "What the hell were you doing standing in the middle of the road!?" I yelled him. The heck was he thinking.
  "I don't know. I know you wouldn't believe this but I saw Sa Rang's figure again. I didn't have control over my body and started following her," he pouted.
  "Yes I would believe you because that exactly happened to me. But the figure was Eun Ji." I thought again. Why was Eun Ji's figure floating around?! Could it be!?! Did she die or was she already dead?
  Just as I was thinking away, Chunji leaned in and kissed me. I was too busy thinking about Eun Ji that I didn't realize I kissed him back. It started to rain heavily and I quickly grabbed Chunji's arm and pulled him under the shelter.
[School Reunion]
  I was walking along school when I saw Eun Ji's picture on a plague. It read: 1940-1958, Student of the year. Then I thought, 1958? That was a long time ago. But I saw her back in 2010. How could this be possible. I rushed over to Chunji and asked him about Eun Ji.
  "Didn't you know? She died here in school after cutting herself due to stress. Really sad huh?"
  "Yeah but I could've sworn I've seen her back during school times. I Ben talked to her and did sit-ups with her," I was really shocked, this creeps me out.
  "Oh yeah. Actually, you were talking to yourself and doing sit-ups on your own. People think you were crazy or something. I was rather fascinated on how you could not budge your legs while doing sit-ups even without a partner," Chunji explained. So all this while I've been talking to myself? Oh dear god. So I guess Eun Ji and Sa Rang were "guardian angels" or "cupids" to bring me and Chunji together. How sweet and creepy at the same time. Anyways, me and Chunji got married!!! Happy Ending, Yay!