Friends?

Friends?

 

  It's Friday again, and PE!!! Woohoo! I changed into my PE attire and went out onto the track. Did some warmups and was ready to sweat. I was jogging on the spot before actually running and there was a girl next to me. She looked fit and tough. She probably loves sports too. I've never seen her before though. I kept staring at her until she spoke up.
  "Hi. My name's Eun Ji," she extended her hand for a handshake. I shook it and she seems nice. Kind of scary though. She's got this competitive kind if feel. I went off, sprinting. I was so focused in running but then Eun Ji caught up with me and was soon ahead of me. 'Man, she's fast,' I thought. I ran faster and faster, trying to catch up but I couldn't. My leg kind of hurts. Maybe I didn't do the warmups properly. I walked towards the bench and drank a sip of water.
  "You're already resting?" Eun Ji asked me, popping out if no where. I almost choked on my water. 
  "Yeah. My legs hurt. I didn't do the warmups properly," I replied, massaging my legs.
  "Oh. I see. I'm the new kid here. By any chance can we hang out later?" So she's new here. No wonder I've never seen her before. I nodded and both of us went over to where everybody else were, surrounding the coach.
  "We're doing sit-ups?" Eun Ji asked me. I nodded and agreed to be her partner since she's new. Plus, Min Hee isn't in school today, she's sick or something. Eun Ju did it first. She's got a minute to do as many as she can. As soon as the timer started, she was going up and down in a blink of an eye. I checked her posture, everything was right. Soon enough, she already did 30 sit-ups in 35 seconds. How could that be possible. She could even break my record which is 45 sit-ups in a minute. I'm not bad myself. Unfortunately, she slowed down and didn't manage to break my record.
  "You're really good,"I complimented her. Next was my turn. I was really fast and maintained a good pace. I managed to break my record with another 4 sit-ups that add up to 49. 
  "How can you do that?" Eun Ji's eyes widened.
  "Practice. Determination and Health. I guess," I replied, not really sure of how I could stand the abdominal pain. I didn't notice that Chunji was there, looking at me while I was doing the sit-ups. I said 'Hi' to him and left for the locker room.
[Chunji POV]
  I completed the sit-up exercise and it was Changjo's turn. I didn't pay attention to him as he was doing it. I was looking at Hana who was surprisingly doing well with her sit-ups. Posture was right, pace was excellent and I don't know how he could stand the abdominal pain.
  "Hyung! How many have I done!?" Chanjo yelled out after noticing I didn't keep count. After the timer stopped, Chanjo yelled at me and left. His yelling is really something. I came back to reality after daydreaming. What was I doing again? 
[Hana POV]
  I hung out in school after last period since no one's at home. I decided to go into the music room that was unoccupied. I felt like singing and clearing my mind. I grabbed the guitar that was placed next to the piano. I strummed it a few times and finally strummed out the notes to 'Be Ma Girl-acoustic version by Niel and Juniel'. It was so peaceful and calming. I can finally relax on my own with no disturbance.
 
 
[Chunji POV]
  I was walking by some classes until I heard someone singing with an accompaniment of a guitar. It was a graceful and sweet tune of a girl. I watched from the corridor. It was Hana.
  "Jigeum utgo itjiman aesseo chamgo isseo nan. Tteollineun nae du soneul himkkeot japgo isseo nan. Sokgo inneun geoya neon gwaenchantaneun nae mare. Deung dwieseo nunmureul modu ssotgo isseo nan..." She sang. It felt like her emotions were real. The look on her face, the tears. Why was she crying and why this song? There's something going on.
[Hana POV]
  It felt so good to cry along with a meaningful song. I feel all better now. I went home and once again my phone buzzed. It was Chunji. Note that my eyes were still watery and my throat had a lump so it's very hard for me to speak. 
Chunji: Are you okay?
  I didn't reply because I wasn't feeling okay at all. But then, Chunji called. I declined the call and waited for the bus to get back home. Just then, Chunji was running up to me, holding onto his phone.
  "Yah! Why didn't you reply my text or my call?" He asked worriedly. Why was he like this? I wiped my face and replied, "I'm fine. Don't worry."
  "My bus is here. Bye." I said, leaving him behind and riding the bus back home. I couldn't look at him in the face. I just can't. Or else I'll just start crying again. I didn't think this was harder than I thought it would be.
 
😁✌😄✌❤😁✌😄✌❤😁✌😄✌❤😁✌😄✌❤😁✌😄✌❤😁✌