Chapter seven

Second Chance Before Game Over

 

 Chapter Seven
 
(Emery)
"I'll play a song by them and when his voice comes on I'll tell you. Okay?"
"Sure." He replies with a halfhearted smile. I look down at my IPod, searching through my playlist of U-kiss songs. I chuckle as I click on Te Amo. Before it starts to play I glance over to Kevin, who is completely spaced out with a scowl on his face. It's weird to see him like this. Just then Eli's line comes on and I yell out, "Here! This voice!"
Suddenly he snaps out his weird dream state. Haha! The look on his face was that of complete horror. He looks like he's about to cry. I start to laugh. 
"O-okay!" I try to finish the rest of my sentence but get caught up in another laughing fit. My sides feel like they'll split right open. "I was just kidding!"
I manage to stop laughing enough to hear that Kevin's line is playing. 
"Seriously. I was kidding. It's this voice."
His face lights up completely when he hears this. "Are you serious?!" He looks like he'll explode of happiness at any second. "Woooooah~"
"Are you really that happy to hear that?"
"Yeah~" he looks so blissful, "I-I mean... he's my favorite member too. So of corse I'd been happy."
A funny awkward silence ensues his comment. Until he asks me a question. 
"Hey, can you tell me what time it is?"
"Yeah, sure." I look down at my IPod. "It's almost six thirty.
"Uh, poo. Okay, I'm sorry but I really have to go. Why don't you head on inside."
"Sure!" I smile brightly even though I'm really sad I won't be able to talk to him anymore. I should be thankful for the time I had with him. 
 
POV change----------------------
 
(Kevin)
 
"Sure!" She replies. 
"Okay. I'll walk you to the front doors. I work back stage, so I have to use the side door." I lie. I hate having to lie to her but it seems like the only way to make this work. 
I stand and hold out my hand to help her up. She slowly slides her soft small hand into mine and I gently lift her up. Her face is turning more red by the second. She is so cute~
After a while of walking side by side, I realize that she stopped walking a little ways back. 
"Are you okay? Is everything alright?"
She lets out a nervous chuckle. "Y-yeah. I'm fine. Hey. Why don't you just go back to the stage door. I can find my way. Plus I'm sure you're SUPER busy... Doing whatever it is you do back there." She says as her eyes fall to the ground. 
Well... Although I can tell she's trying to remain calm it's obviously not working. What is around the corner that makes her so nervous? What doesn't she want me to see? She was fine with me waking her over here a minute ago. Whatever it is, there is no way I'm leaving her now. 
"No. It's fine. I have a little time left." Her eyes finally leave the ground, and meet mine wide and full of fear. "Now, are you going to tell me what's really wrong?"
"It's fine-"
"No. Whatever it is it's not fine if it makes you this worried."
"Are you sure you want to hear it? It could be a long story."
I nod. 
A few seconds pass before she lets out a huge sigh. "I can here to meet with my boyfriend. I sat over on that bench waiting for him for a long time, but when I finally found him he was with another girl. I decided to confront him about it and he just said he was dumping me because I got boring." Another sigh, "Well that didn't take as long as I thought it would."
So that's who that was. That makes perfect sense why she was so upset. Wait... One thing still doesn't make sense in my head. 
"Then... Why didn't you want me to walk you to the front?"
"Um... Well. That is... My boyfriend had the tickets, so..."
"You were just going to drive home, letting me think everything was alright?!"
"Well, yeah. Everything is alright now thanks to you." She says with an adorable smile, "You've done so much for me already. I didn't want to worry you." She shrugs, while I just stare at her dumbfounded. 
"You...you!" I grab her wrist and start power walking, pulling her with me. 
 
 
 
----
Hello readers! Sorry for not posting any chapters for a long time. I was trying to decide if I should just stop writing it or not. I guess for now I'll continue to write. (Even though no ones reads it. So basically I'm just talking to myself right now...)
Anyway if you could leave a comment telling me what you HONESTLY think I'd be so greatful! ^^