Chapter five

Second Chance Before Game Over

 

U-Kiss Chapter Five
 
(Emery)
 
After calming down a little, I pull out my drawing book and start looking at picture after picture. I freeze when I see the one I drew of my boyfriend. Lightly touching it with the back of my hand, the memory of just a few moments ago comes flooding back. 
 
*flashback*
Being completely confused by the sight of my boyfriend holding the hand of another girl, the only thing I can squeak out is a small defeated "Why?"
"Oh hey," he says, looking only slightly surprised to see me, "I didn't see you there. Meet my new girlfriend. I just met her, isn't she gorgeous?" 
What? I-I just don't understand. Then the text message resurfaces in my mind. 
"If this is about me forgetting to reply to your text-" I start to ask but get interrupted halfway through my sentence. 
"No," his smile falling from his face, "Although your forgetfulness was starting to get really irritating, that's not why. I've actually been thinking about dumping you for a while... I just needed a girl to replace you with."
"Why?" I repeat, because he didn't answer it the first time. 
"You just got boring." He says casually, as if stating what he likes on a sandwich. 
"I was standing over there for over an hour because you said we should meet early. When were you planing to tell me you were going to dump me?!"
"Um... I was planning to text you after the concert. No, hard feelings right?" He doesn't wait for my reply and walks away not looking back.
*end flashback*
 
I can't believe he did that! I could have at least slapped him, swore at him, or something! All I could do was stand there like a helpless little girl. Before I knew it tears started forming in my eyes,  and it didn't take them long to start streaming down my face. 
"Oh my gosh! Your tears are going to ruin your picture!" Startled, I quickly look over to my left to see a guy sitting next to me, ripping the drawing pad from my lap and carefully starting to wipe the tears from my picture. Looking over to the right so he can't see me in my pathetic state of tears, I reply "It doesn't matter. I don't need it anymore." My voice cracking while trying to say the last word. I can feel his gaze on me now. 
"Okay, look. I don't know what happened but that doesn't change the fact that this is an amazing drawing." A couple of seconds pass before he continues, "Do you want to talk about it?" 
Yes. 
"I've been told I'm a really good listener." He sounds so sweet. 
I'd love to tell you. 
"Um... no. I think I'll be fine." I wipe the tears from my face. I've calmed down enough to start turning back to the guy next to me. "Sorry you had to see me like this." 
Finally I get a good look at his face. My eyes must have gotten three times their normal size. Oh. My. Gosh. It's Kevin Woo from U-kiss!!! This is amazing! He's staring right into my eyes... Holy cow! HE'S looking at ME!
"Are you sure you're okay?" He asks possibly sounding even more concerned. If that's even possible. 
"Uh... y-yeah. Fine." Oh yeah, really convincing. But he seems to go along with it. 
"Would you mind if I looked at this?" He points down at my sketch book. 
 
POV Change--------------------
 
(Kevin)
 
"Um... yeah. Fine." She replies, not really looking okay but I decide I shouldn't pressure her to talk about it. 
"Would you mind if I looked at this?" I ask politely, pointing at the book on my lap. "It reminds me of a piece of art I've seen recently." Her face completely blank. "It's fine if you don't want me-" she stops me. 
"No! No, no, no. You can look at it!" Her face turns a bright red. "If you w-want to..."
"I do! Thanks!" Looking back down to my lap, I start flipping through the pages. Park Bom, Se7en, Lee Minho, and Choi Sulli are just some of the celebrities that are in this one book. After looking at so many pictures, I still can't quite figure out who's art hers reminds me of. It's on the tip of my tongue! Just as I'm about to figure it out, I flip one more page only to see the picture of me drawn by ~_____ that I saw last night on dA! Quickly looking over to the girl next to me, searching her green eyes. 
"You're ~_____?"