Chapter four

Second Chance Before Game Over

 

 
(Emery)
I decide worrying about the text message right now won't do anything, so I shove it to the back of my mind and continue to scan the crowd for my boyfriend. 
 
Catching my eye is his favorite shirt, a red and white striped polo. My eyes are drawn up to his bright smile! His perfect sandy blond hair is blowing in the wind. I wave to him but he doesn't seem to notice me and continues walking in the wrong direction. In his excitement he must have forgotten where we were supposed to meet! And he calls me clumsy! 
 
Running over to him to give him the biggest hug ever, I stop dead in my tracks halfway, completely shocked by what's in his hand. 
 
POV Change ------------------
 
(Kevin) 
Soohyun  goes back into the U-Kiss waiting room, leaving me completely alone in the hallway. Feel upset and lonely, I'm left not knowing where to go. Being in the small completely white waiting room with all the members staring at me sounds suffocating. Plus I could probably just wonder around, I have my hair and makeup done, all I need is to change into my costume. Which only takes a minute, so I can do it later. Fresh air sounds nice right now so I head over to the back stage door. Pushing it open lightly, as to not attract any attention. Cautiously peaking my head out to make sure no one's watching. A couple of people glance over but quickly go back to whatever they were doing before, not even realizing I'm a celebrity. I guess this is one time our group's popularity (or lack of it) is helpful. 
 
Feeling free to walk around I take a few steps out side. The wind feels so good on my skin, I just take a deep breath. When I finally open my eyes I notice a girl in a dress  blowing in the wind, standing under a tree, alone.  Looking worried and searching the small crowd still making it's way into the concert hall. She looks so sad. Who is she waiting for? It's getting late... She might miss some acts if she waits much longer. Plus it'd be dangerous for a young pretty girl like her to be out here much longer, it's getting dark. Just as I was thinking this her face changes and she looks relived. Good she found who she was looking for.  She starts to wave to them and starts running over to the small lump of people. I start to turn away, relived that she'll be safe. She stopped part way. Why? She looks super shocked. I follow her eye sight and see a tall good looking guy who stopped to talk to her. They have a conversation I can't quite make out and then he just walks away leaving her looking lost. The rest of the people make their way into the building before she even moves an inch. 
 
Tears start falling from her eyes as she just stands there and it breaks my heart. All the sudden she wipes the tears from her face and looks around her as if to see if anyone saw her crying. Because I'm standing in a dark shadow, I don't think she saw me. 
 
She strolls right past me but still doesn't see me. Walking up to the building, she leans against it and slowly slips down the wall until she's on he ground. Her hand reaches for the canvas bag on her shoulder,  pulls out a sketch book and starts flipping through what I assume is pictures she's drawn. She stops on one and the paper with the back of her hand. 
 
I slowly start to walk closer to see the picture better, but after walking a couple of steps my feet carry me all the way straight to her side. So I sit down.