// Chapter6 //

//Wishing for Happiness//

Time seemed to freeze...

 

When I woke up the next morning, Jung Suk was nowhere to be found. I went into the living room where I saw a little piece of paper on which was written: “I'll be back sometime around afternoon. I need to do some shopping in the city. <3-정석”

I looked blankly at the paper and felt somewhat deceived.

“why didn't he ask me to come along?” I asked myself out loud. A little helpless I looked around. What should I do here all by myself. I still was a little sleepy and didn't look really awake either. I sat down at the table and looked at nothing in particular. If only I had known something to do. I didn't want to watch TV nor did I want to eat something. Neither did I want to go out and reading a book was out of the question. The silence seemed to overwhelm me almost. How the hell could Jung Suk bear this day in and out?! Day after day alone and on top of that this damn silence! No one nearby to speak with. A could shiver ran down my back.

“Well, now I'm here to keep him company!”, I proclaimed happily out loud.
“But for how long?”, I added in thought.

This silence makes me go crazy! All this question I started thinking about. Everything seemed to get harder and more complicated. I would've loved to scream out loud at that moment. I stood up and looked around. I paced the stairs up and down. I went to the left and back to the right. I saw the brown door of Jung Suk's room and smiled a bit. Slowly I looked around to make sure I was alone, even though it was obvious, hence the silence. Slowly I opened the door. Since Jung Suk forbade me to go into his room I felt like a burglar. His room was plain and simple. In it was a king-size bed, a desk with one chair and a closet. His desk was relatively blank beside one calender. Not really much interesting. I had imagined it more excited. So I just stood there and looked at this plain undecorated room. It was so different from the rest of his lovely decorated home. My sight fell at a few papers which laid hidden under his calender. They were travel documents, one passport and a flight ticket to France.

“What the.? What does he want there?”, I asked myself. The flight was departing in two weeks from then. I stared blankly at the ticket.
“why?”, I whispered barely audible.

What was the reason? Why didn't he tell me? I didn't know anything and just stood there, staring at the ticket.

 

The week after passed far to quick that it almost seemed unreal. I decided to not tell Jung Suk about my discovery. I wanted that he himself tells me about it.

In that week we laughed, had fun and enjoyed life to it's fullest. The winter wasn't far away by then, and soon the first snow would fall. On the last day of the week we stood outside near a tree and hung up some paper flowers.

“Close you eyes!”, Jung Suk said with a smile on his lips.

“Why?”, I asked warily.

Jung Suk just smiled and put his hands on my eyes. When I opened my eyes, I had a necklace around my neck. On it was a little silver cross.

“Mine fits perfectly in yours!”, Jung Suk whispered. He too, had a necklace around him with a cross, but his was smaller then mine. He took his and placed it on mine. It really fit perfectly. He smiled at me and pecked my lips. I looked at our crosses and smiled. Then I looked at Jung Suk and saw that there was a dash of sadness in his eyes...

 

 


A/N: Next chapter will  be the final one (: