// Chapter4 //

//Wishing for Happiness//

 

Impulsively a smile flashed over my Face...

 

After this beautiful moment Jung Suk suddenly began to cough violently.

“Jung Suk!!? What's wrong?”, I asked worriedly.

We sat up and I put my arm around is shoulder. He just gave me a nod as answer to my question. I helped him to stand up and again a bad cough attack overcame him. I carried him back to his lodge and put him on the couch.

“Wait a sec, I'll bring you a glass of water!”, I called with an anxious voice out of the kitchen.

As I came back from the kitchen, Jung Suk had calmed down after another cough attack. He was ashen-faced, and only then I noticed the small blood stains on his t-shirt. He must have probably been blood coughing. He laid breathing heavily on his couch and the only thing I could do was hold out a glass of water. I felt so helpless. I wanted to grab him and take him to the nearest hospital, but I didn't know this place so well and neither me nor Jung Suk had a car here. So I just sat on the couch beside him and held his hand. After he could speak again without getting another cough attack again he said,

“Could you call the number on the table over there please?”

With a dry mouth I just nodded a few times and stood up. I slowly moved over to the kitchen table, with my eyes glued to him though. On the kitchen table there was a little white paper, on which with a black ballpen was a number scribbled. I took out my cellphone and dialed the number on the paper.

“요보세요?! (hello)”, a worried sounding voice said.

ehm, h-hello! I..I call about Jung Suk. Could you come over?”, I asked stuttering.

On my way!”, the voice on the phone called and hung up.

I shortly breathed out and went back into the living room.

Everything..alright?”, I asked carefully.

Jung Suk gave me a smile and said a short 'yes'.

Whom did I call there, anyways?

My doctor.”, he answered with a small voice.

I remained silent, sitting next to him. Slowly he drifted of to sleep again. Truth be told, I was really scared when Jung Suk had this cough attack. Out of fear that something might happen again to him, I kept sitting like guard dog next to him. After about half an hour there was a ring at the door. Out of pure relief that the doctor finally was here, I ran to the door and teared it open.

Good afternoon, I'm Jung Suk's doctors!”, an about 30-year old man offered me his hand.

I'm Woo Bin!”, and I gladly took his hand.

I know! Jung Suk told me often about you”, he replied with a smile.

I went to the side and let him in. The man went straight to Jung Suk into the living room.

What is wrong with him?”, I asked slowly.

Jung Suk is a sickly boy and well, he's a little bit weak, but it's nothing to worry about yet!”, the man answered in a calm voice.

I didn't feel reassured by his answer but I also didn't want to ask further questions.

Well then!”, the doctor began and made his way over to me.

Everything's alright so far! He probably was just a little bit to excited to see you, that's all. Don't worry too much. By tomorrow he'll be completely fit again!”, the doctor told me.

I looked at him and bowed formally.

Thank you!”

The man looked at me, smiled and made his way out of the lodge. I went back to the couch and watched Jung Suk sleeping. He seemed so placidly. I bend down a little bit and pecked his forehead shortly. In that moment Jung Suk opened his eyes and held on my face. We looked deeply into each others eyes and time seemed to stand still. Slowly he started to lean closer and closer to my face...