My Needy Kai (Side Story #1)

It's A Love/Hate Relationship - Extras

My Needy Kai

(It’s A Love/Hate Relationship Side Story)

 

“Jongin, what exactly are you doing?” I felt him bury his head deeper into my shoulder and his arms wrapped tighter around me from behind.

 

“I want to cuddle.”

 

“Jongin, I can’t really do my homework with you clinging onto me like this.” I said.

 

“But I’m bored!” He whined. I sighed.

 

“If you’re bored, you should have stayed home. I already warned you that I would be busy even if you came over.”

 

“But still~” He cried, “can’t you just take a break?”

 

“No I can’t because I need to get this done and hand it in tomorrow morning because I’m not attending classes tomorrow. SHINee has another photoshoot and then we have to go to Japan, remember?”

 

He groaned frustratedly and detached himself, laying himself on the couch behind me instead. “It’s not fair! Today is my only

free day.”

 

“Well it’s my only free day too. Unlike you, I’m actually attending school.” He sent me a glare. I smiled at him. “And it’s not your fault. I’m sorry I don’t have time to hang out with you anymore Jongin, but my work schedule and your work schedule are polar opposites every week and there’s only so much I can do about it.”

 

“I know...” He pouted. I sighed and put my pencil down before going to his side. He shifted over on the couch and made space for me as I snuggled into his arms. I leaned up and kissed him.

 

“Better?”

 

“Much.” He said as he rubbed soothing circles on my back. “When are you leaving again?”

 

“This weekend. The guys have a recording scheduled in Japan early Monday morning.”

 

“And Taemin is going to be there?”

 

I hit him playfully on the arm. “Of course Taemin is going to be there! Jongin, stop being so rude, he’s your bestfriend.”

 

“And of course, it just so happens that both my bestfriends are your ex-boyfriends. Who’s next? Sehun?” I flinched at the truth of his statement, well the first part at least. What could I say? They were before him...I felt him stiffen next to me, and I looked up in curiosity.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked him.

 

“You didn’t say anything when I mentioned Sehun. Something happened, didn’t it?!”

 

I sighed. “Jongin, Sehun and I-”

 

“I can’t believe you would do that to me again! After what happened last time with Luhan-hyung and all-”

 

“Sehun and I aren’t like that." I hushed him, placing my lips over his which he quickly responded to.

 

“There’s only you.” I assured him. “Why are you so antsy anyways? I mean I know you get jealous and all but...not this jealous.”

 

He held me closer, to the point where my body was fully pressed against him and I could hear his heartbeat in his chest. “I just miss you, so so much.”

 

“I miss you too. I mean we still talk to each other right? So it’s not that bad.”

 

“Yeah but....can’t you just transfer back to EXO? Everything is resolved now right? I mean, Luhan and I even started talking to each other again. We all miss you. I miss you. Please come back?”

 

“Jongin, I’d love to but I told you already, it’s not my choice. My manager was nice enough to help me keep my job last time when I requested to leave. I can’t just go and ask to switch back now that everything is okay again. Besides, I don’t have a reason to. I’m working just fine with SHINee.”

 

“...Am I not a reason to switch back?” His words hit me with overwhelming guilt and longing.

 

“Jongin, you’re everything to me, of course you’re my first priority.”

 

“Then what if I told you that I’m really lonely without you. That I want to see you day in day out. And that yes, in fact, I am very jealous of Taemin because I know he still likes you and he gets to see you more than I do.”

 

“Taemin still likes me?” He nodded sheepishly. “Oh.....how did you...”

 

“He called me and confessed yesterday that he was having a hard time getting over you. I know he’s not going to pull any stunts in trying to get you back but...I don’t know...I’m scared.”

 

“Is that why you’re suddenly so emotional today?”

 

He nodded and I couldn’t help but coo at him. “Jongin, I love you with all my heart and honestly, if it makes you happy, I’ll try to switch back to EXO. I’ll talk to my manager tomorrow.”

 

He shot up immediately, almost knocking me off the couch in the process. “Really?! You’ll do that?!”

 

I chuckled as his childishness. “If it makes you happy, then yeah, I’ll try.”

 

He wrapped his arms around me and immediately gave me a giant smooch. “I love you so much!”

 

I laughed, wrapping my arms around him, and kissing him one more time. “I love you too.”

 

---

A/N: HEY EVERYONE!

For those who are still reading these little side stories, and one shots, thanks for sticking around ^^ You guys are awesome.

 

So I know I promised you guys Jongin's alternate POV. That's in progress right now. I'm not gonna lie, I'm having a bit of a writer's block but it's progressing...very slowly. And I've been busy with last year of highschool homework, music night rehearsals at school, university applications and paperwork and stuffs so yeah. But it's getting there =D

 

In the mean time, I hope you enjoyed reading this little mini side story. It's pretty fun writing a whiny Jongin. In fact, I wrote another one too but I'll post that later ^^

 

Thanks for all the support! And please leave comments below!

 

-Ryeowook, Sungmin, Taemin, Jongin, Luhan, Chen, Youngmin, Kwangmin, Baekhyun, Sehun, Sungjong, Myungsoo, and Hoya's Wifey