Hidden Feelings

Hidden Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

FINAL CHAPTER

The Gift

 

 

(Yong Bae’s POV)

 

It’s been 2 days since that day. Every time I see Bom a school, she turns her back and some times even hides from me.

 

That day, we just accidentally met outside. She asked me to eat lunch with her and said I promised. I was on my way to eat myself, so I agreed. She was so happy. After eating, I decided to tell her that I can’t like her back. I told her that I’m in love with someone else.

 

“I’m sorry Bom, but I have to be honest with you.” She kept her face down. And then she breathe in deeply and looked at me.

 

“Sure Yong Bae, I understand.” And she tried to smile.

 

I was about to go home when she asked if she could come with me. She said she’s going to see Dara. I didn’t find anything wrong with that so I let her come along.

 

And then the kiss happened. She said she has to try or she’ll forever regret it.

 

I admired her for her courage. It made me wish I could be the same.

 

And then I saw Top hurriedly going out the room.

 

“Top where are you going?” I asked.

 

“I’m meeting Dara.” He answered and went out.

 

He didn’t even wait for a reply. It seems like they’re going out now. Top is a nice guy, I know he can take care of Dara. He’s my friend, I should be happy for both of them.

 

When I got home, a surprise was waiting for me. My mom told me that my application for a scholarship to a music school in the U.S. has been approved. I have to leave in 2 weeks.

 

Is this destiny’s way of telling me that I can’t be with Dara? This is a great opportunity that isn’t easy to come by. I sat on my bed staring at the acceptance letter.

 

(Dara’s POV)-

At the park…

 

I was sitting on a bench. But my mind wasn’t here in this place. That scene kept repeating on my mind. I can’t believe this is happening.

 

Flashback:

 

“Dara, I’ll be leaving Korea.” He said looking at me.

 

“What? Why? How? When?” I asked. I was so shocked. I felt my eyes starting to burn; I’m about to cry again. I tried to stop it.

 

“My scholarship for a music school in the U.S. has been approved. I’ll be leaving in 10 days.”

 

“So soon?” I whispered. My tears fell, guess I cannot stop it anymore. Yong Bae `sat beside me and pulled me close to him in a hug.

 

“I’ll call, e-mail and maybe even visit.” He said.

 

“It’s not the same.” I answered.

 

“It’s only for 2 years, and before you know it, I’m back.”

 

I looked up at him. His face was so close. What if I asked him to stay? I wanted to touch his face, but I know it would give me away.

 

And then suddenly, he was the one holding my face.

 

“Don’t cry.” He said, wiping my tears away. He also looked so sad. he kissed me on the forehead and hugged me tight again.

 

Why do I feel like there is something he wants to tell me?

 

End of flashback:

 

It’s been a week since that day. After 3 days, he’ll be gone. Whenever I go to his place, boxes are everywhere constantly reminding me that he’s really leaving.

 

I felt someone sat beside me. It was Top.

 

“Penny for your thoughts.” He said and smiled.

 

I shouldn’t cry in front of him anymore. It’s unfair to him.

 

“You know about Yong Bae, right?” I asked him looking straight ahead.

 

“Yes, he told us 3 days ago.” He answered.

 

I looked at him. He looked to be deep in thought, I wondered what it is.

 

I inhaled deeply. Maybe this is it for me and Yong Bae. I better accept that he wouldn’t love me the way I love him.

 

I was startled when Top suddenly stood up.

 

“I’ll go first.” He said.

 

I just nodded and watch him walk away.

 

(Top’s POV)

I decided to go to Yong Bae’s house. His mom told me to go straight to his room.

“What’s up?” he asked me. I closed the door and he stopped what he was doing and looked at me.

“Why don’t you tell her?” I asked him.

“Tell what to who?” he asked back.

“Tell Dara you love her?” although he hasn’t said it himself, I knew that he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter