Hidden Feelings

Hidden Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 4th chapter The Kiss



(Dara’s POV)

I passed my exams and finally graduated. I’m now a freshman at Yong Bae’s school. I was walking past the gates when someone called my name.

“Dara! hey! Over here!”

It was Bom, just like me, she’s a freshman here as well,

“Bom, have you been waiting long?” I asked. She looked very pretty today, I wondered why.

“Where’s Yong Bae? I thought you’ll be coming to school together.” She asked looking behind me.

Oh right, Bom has got this big crush on Yong Bae. I acted offended.

“You didn’t really waited for me but for Yong Bae.” And then I walked past her.

“No, of course not.” She grabbed my arm. “I waited for you.” And then she hugged my arm. “Don’t be mad.” She pouted while looking at me.

I laughed.

“I’m just teasing… Yong Bae’s class is still for this afternoon.”

“Oh, ok.” She pulled me forward and started walking in the campus grounds. 

We have the same course so we have the same classes. Although Bom is my closest female friend, I still haven’t admitted to her my feeling for Yong Bae. 

Reason 1: She likes him too.

Reason 2: I’m still scared to tell anyone about my feelings for Yong Bae. What if he hears it? ( yes I know he’s a very nice person, one of the best people I know, but I don’t want things between us to turn awkward; I’m not ready for that.)

Reason 3: I got other things to think of and focus my attention to, school for example. I’m still a freshman so I should focus on my studies.



At lunch:


“This is my chance to get closer with Yong Bae.” Squealed Bom which startled me a little, but I pretended not to listen.
“Yah! Didn’t you hear what I just said?” and then she started shaking my left shoulder.

“Fine… yes I heard you. Good luck!” I told her then continued eating.

“Hey Dara, as my best friend, you should support me. Don’t you think it’ll be just perfect and romantic if both your best friends are together?” 

I made a face at Bom that made her laugh. I resumed eating letting Bom talk on and on.




(TOP’s POV)


I thought now that Dara’s studying at the same school as I do would give me a better chance on bumping into her or even seeing her from afar. But it’s been weeks and that chance never came.

Yong Bae wasn’t bringing her as much as usual when we hang out. I asked him why, and all he said was she was busy.


I was staring outside the door when someone suddenly appeared there.

“Top-oppa, Where’s Yong Bae?” Bom asked.

I pointed at the corner.

“Thanks!” she said and walked toward Yong Bae.


This is why I’m wondering why I never see Dara when I’ve been seeing Bom since the first day. She’s always nagging Yong Bae and hangs around him, and when I look at him, he always has this “keep your cool” look.


Now I’m having this suspicion why I haven’t seen Dara.


“Yong Bae, guys… I’ll go first.” I called after them. They just waved at me. I pulled my knapsack on my shoulder and decided to go home. Outside, when I looked ahead, I saw her heading out the gate.

“Dara! Wait up!” I shouted after her, but she didn’t seem to hear me and then she was out of my sight. I stopped and cursed myself for being so slow. I kicked the ground and sent small rocks and dust everywhere.

“Top-oppa!”

I whirled around and there she was. She seemed to have come from behind me.
“Who are you calling after?” Dara asked.

I felt awkward. Dara saw me acting like a fool. I massage the back of my neck.

“I thought it was you, the girl that I saw, I mean.” And then I smiled feeling embarrassed.

The way she was smiling, I know that she’s just keeping herself from laughing out loud. She exhaled to clam herself, but the grin was still left on her face.

“Okay, then what are you calling me for?” she walked closer to me.

“Well I thought I could accompany you home.” I placed my hands on my pocket.

“Oh… ok, let’s go.” She answered.

We started walking together towards the gate. 

I, myself cannot seem to stop smiling as well.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter