Intercl. 1 - Power

Warzone

Hi, it feels like it has been forever since I wrote something.

At least since I worked on my chaptered fics. I think I was so unsatisfied with the previous chapter that I sort of ignored this for a while.

But thank you for the lovely comments and for the sweet encouragement! 

They made me want to pick this up again ^^

I decided to change the format (?) a bit and cut the last part in the 'Badman' chap to have it in this interclude instead. There are going to be short intercludes here and there (depending how long this story will become) in Daehyun's p.o.v. I hope I'll like it better this way. Oh well and of course that you like it at all.

Oh, and I changed the title as well! From 'In a warzone' to only 'Warzone', I don't know I just thought it was better haha.

I hope this works out....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interclude 1 – Power

 

‘The weak die in the shadow of the strong’

 

They say that ‘love’ is what made one strong.

 

And Daehyun couldn’t agree more.

 

To hold someone’s love was like holding the person’s entire being in the palm of your hands. Pull him to the left or pull him to the right, it’s your decision to make. You are blindingly given absolute power over an open heart.

 

And Daehyun would never allow himself to be the weak.

 

‘Fight against them and don’t look at me with your angelic face.’

 

They make it sound like the sweetest thing while in fact it’s nothing but the devil in disguise.

 

He wasn’t going to fall for it.

 

And he certainly wasn’t going to go through what his mother did.

 

Not even when he met someone so beautiful he wanted to lock to his side forever.

 

‘Everything is a lie’

 

The warmth underneath his skin when he saw that smile was a lie.

 

The desire to feel those lips against his was a lie.

 

And the foreign feeling bubbling inside of him at the very thought of those almond shaped eyes was or could be nothing but a lie.

 

‘Warning warning warning warning’

 

The sirens were not supposed to ring and he wasn’t supposed to fire so mercilessly.

 

But it had been close.

 

‘You love me, just like I love you’

 

Too close.

 

***

 

Daehyun locked the front door and wasn’t surprised to find the whole apartment embedded in black. Youngjae liked leaving the lights off, while he was the complete opposite. Even during broad daylight, Daehyun’s hands would automatically find their way to the light switch and switch them on. It felt safer like that, knowing exactly where he was walking over.

 

He steered his steps towards the kitchen out of pure habit and once the lamp , eliminating the darkness with its bright yellow light…

 

It shouldn’t have been the first thing to cross his mind, the first thing he’d lay his eyes upon.

 

But it was.

 

A breath got caught in his throat as his hand fell lifelessly to his side in confusion.

 

His head throbbed painfully from the long night, but the only thing he could register was the red-brown stains on adorning the floor so harshly.

 

Blood

 

And then for some unknown reason, Youngjae was all he could hear.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The English lyrics for Power, I found them here 

Thank you for reading! :D

Next chapter will be up soon!