Puppy Love

Takeoff for Romance


tumblr_mc1nncAvXQ1rf0nymo1_500.jpg

 

 

 

Puppy Love...

 

 

After another hour of riding the buses, Luhan finally made it to his apartment. The first thing that pounced greeted him at the door was a golden ball of fur happily wagging his tail and his owner's face; his golden retriever named Kai.

 

''Okay, Kai, enough boy!'' Luhan laughed as gently pushed his dog off of him. As much he loved the fur ball, he wasn't exactly crazy for his slobbery kisses. He was absentmindedly petting Kai while thinking about the almost-kiss he had with strange silver-haired boy on the bus almost two hours ago. Luhan felt his cheeks heat up just thinking about that boy, feeling a little tingly in his stomach, I must be tired and hungry that's all, he thought trying to dismiss the uncomfortable feeling he was starting to get.

 

''Do you want to go out for a walk, huh boy?'' Luhan asked his dog, laughing at the excited barking and wagging of the tail. Luhan reached into the closet by the front door and pulled out a red leash, attaching it to Kai's collar. Locking the door behind them, Luhan and his canine pal made their way down the hallway and into an elevator right before its doors shut closed.

 

 

-------x----x-------

 

 

Luhan happily hummed to himself while walking his dog towards a nearby park. He wouldn’t be lying to himself if he said he didn’t like the current nice weather outside today because he really did enjoy taking Kai out for leisurely walks. Kai barked and tugged on his leash in an attempt to run over to a tree. Luhan allowed himself to be pulled towards the tree and looked away to give his dog some privacy, 'cause you know, nobody likes it when you watch them pee.

 

Anyways.

 

His furry companion barked again giving indication that he was finished with his business, and Luhan then proceeded to walk over to his favourite bench under the shade of a tree. Luhan tied the leash to a part of the bench and Kai was sprawled underneath it comfortably, only to fall asleep shortly after.

 

Luhan smiled and pulled out a book from his bag he brought with him and began to read, a peaceful look etched onto his face. However, his peace and quiet time didn't last long.

 

''That was my seat, you brat.''

 

Luhan froze. Not because he was startled, but because he knew that the exact same words was said earlier by him using the exact same tone of voice, the only difference being was that he didn't have a lisp.

 

He dared to look up, not noticing that Kai had long woken up and crawled out from beneath the bench, already sniffing out the stranger. Luhan looked up from his book only for his eyes to widen in shock,

 

''It's you...''

 

The ''stranger'' smirked a little. It was was the silver-haired boy Luhan met at the bus stop earlier in the day.

 

Luhan suddenly realized something.

 

The silver-haired boy wasn't listening to his iPod when Luhan called him a--.

 

Luhan felt his face heat up from embarassment. Not only did he call someone a brat, he didn't even know the boy to begin with.

 

Oh boy.

 

He immediately stood up from his seat and started bowing and apologizing to the taller boy, ''I-I'm so sorry! I really d-didn't mean it--oh?'' Luhan momentarily stopped apologizing upon realizing that the boy was not alone; he had a dog with him.

 

A chocolate labrador retriever to be exact.

 

Luhan then noticed how Kai was failingly attempting to socialize with the other dog but the said dog seemed completely uninterested in Kai, preferring to stay close to its owner instead.

 

''Her name's D.O.'' the taller boy gave Luhan an amused smile upon noticing the latter's reaction to the name.

 

Really, D.O.?

 

Seriously?

 

''D.O.? What kind of a name is that, especially for a female dog?'' Luhan asked, not caring if he was being rude because he was too appalled by the boy's poor choice of names. Without missing a beat the silver-haired boy replied with a straight face, ''I thought it was a cool name.''

 

Luhan laughed and waited for the taller boy to crack up and tell him it was all a big joke, only to notice that the boy didn't even utter a single word and was choosing to stare at him with a blank-faced look. And then his laughter turned into one that of awkwardness.

 

Wow.

 

He was actually being serious about it.

 

Awkward...

 

Luhan then cleared his throat, suddenly feeling self-conscious of himself when the silver-haired boy continued to stare at him like he was judging him. They both continued to awkwardly stare at one another before the taller male broke the silence and offered his hand to the Chinese male, ''I'm Sehun by the way.'' Luhan met him halfway and shook his hand, unprepared by the jolt of electricity he felt at the contact of the other's skin.

 

''Luhan.'' Any trace of the discomfort Luhan was feeling was hidden by the fake smile he plastered on his face, and Sehun seemed to not notice this.

 

Luhan then looked down at... at D.O., and motioned his head towards her, ''May I?''

 

Sehun understood what the blonde-haired boy was asking of and nodded his head, ''Sure.''

 

Luhan smiled gently and carefully crouched down in front of Sehun's dog. He held his hand out to D.O. and she hesitantly sniffed it before wagging her tail and going over to Luhan. The blonde-haired male laughed while petting D.O. and at the time trying to avoid the slobbery kisses she was trying to give on his face. ''Hey pretty girl~ why are you so cute, huh?'' Luhan continued to coo at her, missing the small smile Sehun had on his face while watching the interaction between the two.

 

Kai however, was not impressed.

 

He whined at the attention Luhan was giving to D.O. and nudged his owner with his nose repeatedly only to be ignored completely. Sehun noticed this and crouched in front of Kai with his hand stretched towards him, and started petting him. Kai was nonetheless happy with the affection he was recieving.

 

Sehun then took the time to observe the blonde-haired boy next to him, taking notice of his pretty lashes and how youthful the boy looked; he couldn't stop the rush of warmth and something more he felt pulsating through his body while looking at the pretty boy. While using one hand to pet the golden retriever, Sehun quickly took out his phone and snapped a picture of Luhan, the sunshine creating a warm glow around him.

 

He smiled to himself. Is this how it feels like to fall for someone love-at-first-sight?

 

Sehun blushed at his own thoughts and turned to talk to Luhan to distract himself only to have his breath get caught in his throat. Luhan was smiling at him brightly and almost missed what the shorter male was saying to him.

 

''Kai likes you a lot, I can tell. He and my roommate have this weird love-hate relationship going on, and so he normally doesn't get along with most people.'' Luhan remained oblivious to the fact that Sehun seemed to deflate a little when he mentioned he had a roommate.

 

Well he said roommate... he didn't say he had a girlfriend or boyfriend...

 

Wait. He doesn't have to be living with one though..

 

Does he even roll that way?

 

Sehun's thoughts were interrupted when Luhan stood up and reached for Kai's leash, prompting him to get up as well. ''Well it was nice meeting you again, Sehun-sshi. I would love to stay and chat with you but unfortunately I still have things to do. If ever you want to hang out again, I think you'll know where to find me.'' Luhan added, his eyes glinting mischieviously.

 

It took a few seconds for Sehun to catch on to what the other was saying but when he did he let a small smirk grace his lips, ''Yeah, I know where.''

 

Luhan bent down on his knees before petting the chocolate lab, ''I hope I get to see you again soon, and maybe you and Kai will become good friends!'' He smiled at the happy canine before getting up again and looking Sehun in the eyes.

 

He slowly started backing away from the taller with a small smirk on his face, ''And by the way, I roll both ways.''

 

Luhan didn't have to turn around to see Sehun's gaping mouth and face turning multiple shades of red. Along with Kai, he walked away feeling accomplished.

 

Sehun let out a groan upon realizing that the shorter boy must have heard his thoughts, mentally kicking himself for his bad habit of unknowingly speaking his thoughts sometimes.

 

He then grinned at himself. Despite the weird and awkward circumstances in how they met, Sehun couldn't help but feel giddy at the prospect of seeing Luhan again. Sehun glanced down at D.O. before taking hold of her purple leash, ''You want to see him again, don't you?'' and the chocolate lab let out a bark as if saying yes. The silver-haired teen smiled and started walking in the same direction he came from earlier, his thoughts now being preoccupied by images of Luhan.

 

 

Luhan... what are you doing to me?

 

Nobody's ever caught my attention like you have...

 

 


 

**Image does not belong to me.

So HunHan meet each other once again! Anylays, I'm going to be focusing on my other fics now (especially the neglected L.O.V.E >.<) so I won't be updating this for awhile. Hope you enjoyed the somewhat of a double-update. x)
Comment and let me know what you liked and didn't liked~