v. Park Yoonhae

The Cost of Being Friends

 

Yesterday night, Minhae warned me about posting my anger about the office referral on Facebook. Why didn’t I listen to her? As I watched Jaenus walk out of the office, I couldn’t help but get angrier. This wasn’t fair. Seoyoung and Minhae had to get in trouble because of me. Me. They didn’t even do anything! Seoyoung just merely commented on it, but Minhae didn’t do anything. She didn’t even like it. She told me not to post it. I should’ve listened to her. Now, I can do nothing but mourn in my shallow pool of pity. I buried my head into my arms. I didn’t want to hear anything. I couldn’t hear anything. This was all my fault. Why did I even do this the second time?


“OSS for the rest of the day for the three of you.” the principal told us.
I clenched my fists as my eyes continued to pour out my tears. Seoyoung was going to be mad at me. Minhae... I don’t know how she’d feel. She’s probably just as angry. Her parents are going to kill her, and it’s going to be my freaking fault--as always. She’s silent. I don’t know what she’s thinking. She must be. I’m even mad at myself. I don’t know how much more angry Minhae and Seoyoung could be, because I pulled them into this.


“I... I don’t think we should IM for the next... 30 days.” I confessed to Minhae as we were sitted in the same room.
She nodded her head in agreement, her eyes flowing out tears as much as I was. It hurt to know that I wasn’t going to be able to talk to her after school anymore. She was the only person I could truely ever talk to. But screw myself for this one moment. I can’t always think about myself. If I didn’t talk to her, then I wouldn’t get her in trouble anymore. It hurt knowing that she was going to get in trouble for the second time.
“Come with me. You’re going to wait in the office.” the guidance counselor spat at me, before she got up, and walked out the room.
She beckoned me to follow her. I did, although I was really relucant to. I can’t explain the amount of hate I had for her. She led me across the hall, and back into the office. She made me sit across one of the secetaries, before leaving. I sat there in silence, expecting them not to care about me, expecting them to give me the stink eye. They didn’t.
“Honey, do you want an orange?” Mrs. Jung offered, as she held an orange out for me.
I looked up at her. Her eyes were twinkling with happiness. It was like she didn’t know that I was in trouble, that I was being sent home.
“Uhm... no thank you.” I quietly reject, before I looked down again.
“Alright... but I have five more if you change your mind.” she told me, before she started to peel the orange.
“I have six more, cause I didn’t eat one yet. Ha!” Mrs. Gokk, the other secetary, bragged from her desk.
Mrs. Jung rolled her eyes, before she took one of the peels, and threw it at Mrs. Gokk. My eyes widened in surprise, before she signalled me to keep quiet about what she just did.
“Did she just throw an orange peel at me?” Mrs. Gokk asked me.
I slowly shook my head, my lips trying to hold back a smile. You know, this wasn’t as bad as I thought that it would be.


It has been a week since the incident. I’ve been trying to keep quiet on Facebook now. It’s like, paranoia has taken over my body. I’m overly cautious now. Although Minhae and I broke the suggestion I made a week ago about not IM--we IMed right after we got home from school--, it’s been going well. I have this hatred towards Minjung now, but the incident has made my group even tighter. I don’t think we’ll ever extend our group, but it’s fine the way it is right now. Just fine.
“Hey Yoonhae.” Baekhyun greeted me, as he walked over.
I looked at him.
“What do you want?” I asked him, knowing that whenever he talks to me, he always wants something.
He smiled meekly at me, before he replied with, “How did you know that I was going to ask you something?”
“You’re Baekhyun. Of course you’re going to ask me for something.” I told him bluntly, before closing my locker.
“Right... Anyways, I need the instructions for the science project.” he told me.
I gave him a weird look.
“Why don’t you ask Jaenus? I’m sure she would give you the instructions, written down neatly and perfectly for her one of a kind crush.” I told him.
His nose scrutched up.
“Uhh... No thanks. I mean, I would ask her, but there’s always that weird twinkle in her eyes when she talks to me. Plus, she’s going to pinch my cheeks before offering it to me. I rather go through your lovely insults then her pinching. She has claws like a tiger or something. Besides... She has Mr. Lee, and we have Mrs. Kim.” Baekhyun pointed out.
I crolled my eyes, before pulling out the sheet from my binder. It was true though.
“Hmm... It’s about some tectionic plates or something.”
“Well no duh, I told you that I needed the instructions. Aren’t you listening to me?” Baekhyun asked, sounding kind of irritated.
“Yah! Don’t make me kick you in your privates like yesterday in 7th period.” I sneered, before slapping the instructions sheet to his chest.
“Take the sheet then. I’ll just ask for another one later.” I told him, before walking away.
“THANK YOU~!” I heard Baekhyun exclaim.
He’s so weird. I don’t get why Jaenus likes him. I mean, crushes are crushes, but Jaenus is crushing on that guy way too hard. I walked into my fifth period class, and took a seat. Luhan was in his seat, talking to his friend. Gosh... I can’t have him... why do I want him? He’s perfect though... like an angel. Suddenly, someone takes a seat next to me. I look over to see... uhm.. I think his name is Myunggoo. Why is he sitting next to me? What happened to his seat in the corner?
“Okay students! Listen up! You’re going to be in a paired partner project, and I’m choosing partners!” Mrs. Seok exclaimed.
Most of the kids groaned, but I’m very hopeful. Maybe I can get paired up with Luhan... no wait.. I shouldn’t be. It would be really awkward between us... I mean... yeah...
“Rows 1,3,5 and 7, look at the person to your left, and that’s your partner.” Mrs. Seok told us.
I looked to my left, and saw Myunggoo. Oh god. This would be even more awkward.
“So... I guess we’re partners.” I said cooly, as I looked at him.
He nodded his head once.
“Okay.”
Uh... what do I do now?
“I’m Park Yoonhae.” I introduced, even though I’m pretty sure he knows who I am.
I’m pretty much the most childish asian in this school.
“Oh.. er.. I’m Kim Myungsoo.” he replied, before looking at his paper.
Oh... Myungsoo. I was a letter off. I remembered the best of my capablity.
“So... how will we work on this project?” I asked him, as I tapped my pencil on my desk.
He shrugged.
“Library... Computer lab...  Study hall... My house... Your house, the possiblities are endless, really.” he replied.
I nodded my head, jotting the places down.
“Well, we can’t do it at my house because my parents would never let someone over...” I commented, as I crossed that off the list.
Myungsoo nodded his head.
“Understandable, I guess.”
“We can’t do it at your house, because my parents also wouldn’t let me go to a male’s house either...” I told him.
“I see...”
“Could we do it after school or something?” I finally asked, looking up at him.
He nodded his head.
“Yeah. We could do it at my afterschool hangout. It’s on school campus, so I don’t think it would matter if your parents knew that we were doing it at school.” he told me.
I looked at him.
“You have a ‘hangout’ here? At this school?” I asked, kind of bewildered.
“Yeah,” he replied, putting his hands behind his head, “it’s like a room though. Nothing special.”
I nodded my head.
“Okay... when do you want to work on it?” I asked him.
“Today, I guess. Might as well get it done.”

 


orz, i'm so bad at this, lol.
i'll try to write better for you! 
-bows-
--woaiexo