o7.

This is More Than a Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Since I’ve never sleep a wink last night, my eyes are heavy and I couldn’t seem to lift them up. And that’s the reason why I was sent to the detention, for the first time ever! This is all Luhan’s fault. Why, he is the reason I couldn’t sleep last night. I had to drink two cups of coffee this morning but I guess it was no use. I still knock my head on the desk which made Mrs. Jung kicked my here in the detention.

Tick...tock...tick…tock..

A minute seems to crawl by and I’m waiting impatiently. Darn it!

Okay, I am intended to walk home alone. In the dark. And I’m scared.

I stare at the wall clock in front of me for at least two hours. Then finally, it’s time for me to go home. It’s already dusk, and the sky is awfully dark it looks like it’s gonna rain, when I get out of the room. I’m expecting Minri in the classroom, or somewhere, waiting for me. I’m running I could hardly breathe when I reach our classroom. But Minri isn’t there, instead Luhan is there sitting near the window.

When I fumble on the chairs, he turns his head. I almost forget how to breathe.

“L-Luhan…” I half-whisper his name.

“Minri left already.” He is stating the obvious, as if he sees the confusion in my eyes when I didn’t see my best friends shadow in here. It’s not like I don’t want him to be here, but he’s just making me nervous. Not to mention, awkward. “I thought I might wait for you…”

Aw, that’s sweet of him. Tomorrow, I’ll definitely kill Minri for leaving me alone with him. I bet this is her idea. Damn, Minri!

“T-Thank you,” Why the heck I always stammer in front of him?

A loud thunder is heard above the sky. It’s going to rain soon. Panic seems to show in my face because Luhan looks at me with concern. “Do you have an umbrella?” He asks.

I shake my head in return.

“I don’t have either.” He says. “We better get going now.”

We walk together down the scary and dark hallway of the school. Above us, the sky is darker than it is minutes ago. “Do you think we can catch a bus?” I’m really worried for both of us. But Luhan seems so cool he didn’t care about our situation.

“Maybe.” He just mumbles.

“Luhan!” I stomp my foot. “You’re making me worried with your answer.”

He laughs and it sounds like music in the ears. “Calm down, okay? If there’s no bus, I can get you a taxi cab.”

“I don’t have enough money to pay a taxi cab.” I retort.

“I’ll pay for it.” His eyes are twinkling when I take a glance at him.

“Then I’ll be forever in debt from you.” I say.

His lips twitch upward. “Just think positive, okay?”

I nibble my lower lip and silently pray for a bus to appear in front of us when I would blink my eyes. But with twenty blinks already, no sign of a bus coming. Where the hell are the buses in the city?

Something drops in my cheek, then another one, and another one. I look up and I realize it is already raining. “Uh, Luhan? It’s raining already.” I say, still looking up at the treacherous sky. Suddenly, a hand pulls me away. It is Luhan’s warm hands pulling me with him. I hear the sounds of my squealing heart, I’m afraid he might hear it too. Hush, heart! You’re being noisy, calm down!

We’re both running for shelter until I realize, he pulls me with him inside the telephone booth.

OMG! Can’t breathe, for the love of God!

Imagine the closeness! Gaaaah!! Air, I need freaking air!

“I think we’ll be stuck in here for a moment.” He says, oblivious to what’s happening with me. Unconsciously, I fan myself with my hands before I could stop myself. He looks at me and I freeze, my hands stop in mid-air. “Is it hot in here?”

A strangle ‘no’ es

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter