o5.

This is More Than a Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Get your off the stool or you’ll be late.” I hear mom telling me but her words just slip out to my left ear. “Do you hear me, Mi Yeon-ah?” Of course, I heard her. It’s just that I’m in no mood to neither answer her nor go to class today.

I think I’m having a Luhanphobia.

“Can I just skip school today?” I mutter.

“No.” Mom says. “Now hurry up or I’ll kick you out of the house.”

My mouth falls open. “You’re going to do that?”

Mom smirks. “Not if you’ll go now.”

I kick myself out of the kitchen stool and march outside. “Bye, mom.” I’m already in the front porch when the door opens again.

“You forgot something.” Mom says. When I turn around, she tosses my bag in my face. Oh, right. “You sure you didn’t forget your brain?”

“That hurts, mom.” I say.

She chuckles. “Good luck.” Yeah, right. As if I needed luck!

Or maybe I really need luck. I just didn’t know it until I reach school and now my heart is hammering against my chest. Smile or ignore?

My brain says ignore. But my heart says…smile?

Or just freaking pretend that I didn’t read his message? OH, that’s brilliant!

“Aren’t you gonna get in?” I jump at that fanning breath on my nape. I want to turn my head so badly but I stop myself because I know Luhan is right there behind me, so close I could feel the warmth radiating from his body. “We’ll be late if you don’t open the door.” He whispers, I can feel his lips almost touching the back of my neck.

OH, DEAR FRIGGIN’ GOOSEBUMPS!

Without a word, I open the door and move inside. We’re not late, of course. My heart is still hammering once I settle in my seat.

“Are you okay?” Minri have the guts to ask me. “You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” She shifts her attention when Luhan passes by. “Hi, Luhan.”

“Morning, Minri-shi.” He says.

He calls her Minri-shi and he calls me Mi Yeon-ah. OHH, I’m special.

“Luhan, I want you to borrow my math notebook.” She flashes him a wide smile. And I don’t see his reaction because I’m not, ever, facing him. “Because maybe I’ll be able to top the class and beat you.”

“You’ll never beat him.” I mutter and she hears me. She casts me a murderous glance.

“Just like what you did to Mi Yeon-ah.” Minri says, her smile is back on her face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter