Meeting

My Heaven

 

Seungri's POV
 
(3+y)(4+y) 
what?!
expand the brackets?
3 times 4 is 12
3 times y is 3y
this is boring...
 
Why can't class end, I'm so hungry
 
"Seunghyun"
 
I wonder when that new kid's going to arrive 
 
"Lee Seunghyun!" The teacher's raised voice snapped me out of my thoughts.
 
"Yes?" I replied before realizing the teacher talking was not our maths teacher but a younger looking lady with long dark hair down to her shoulders dressed smartly in a white shirt and black pencil skirt. I'm not sure of her name. 
 
"Seunghyun please come with me. Pack up your things fist." 
 
Oh dear, what have I done? I hate it when teachers come to talk to you from class, you never know what they are going to say. Never the less i packed my books away and followed her out the classroom to a presumably empty room next door.
 
But sitting at a desk at the back of the room was a boy, who looked slightly older than me, with the usual short dark hair but more stylish and the normal brown eyes but more sparking. He played with a pencil, twirling it around with his fingers. When he noticed me he looked up with big eyes, how cute. What am I thinking? I guess he's the new student here, so that means I'll be the one to 'look after' him. God knows why I was chosen, oh well.
 
"This is our new student Kwon Jiyong, he's 16 years old." The lady introduced him. He's two years older than me?!
 
"And he's Lee Seunghyun" She said to him, pointing at me "He's 14, so be kind to him, he will help you out in your first few day's here."
 
"Annyeong Jiyong hyung" I bowed 90 degrees to him and suddenly he shot up and did the same to me. 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo Seunghyun" His voice was lovely...
 
"Seunghyun, go to lunch with Jiyong and make him feel welcome." The teacher said before leaving us.
 
For a while there was almost silence with just the background noise of people getting let out of class and going to lunch. Jiyong walked slowly towards me, his hands shoved in his coat pockets. 
 
"Do you have a packed lunch or money to buy?" I finally manged to ask him.
 
Although he was 2 years older than me there was not much height difference between us.
 
"packed" He replied  
 
"So do I, lets eat on a bench outside. The cafeteria get's so packed full" I said, taking his arm and leading him outside to one of the free benches next to an old tree outside. He walked slow at first but sped up to match my pace once we were out the building. 
 
As we both sat down opposite each other we took out our lunches and started to eat. I wanted to start a conversation but for some reason something in me wouldn't let me speak. I was looking down but i could feel hyung's eyes on me. 
 
"Seunghyun?" 
 
Say that again.
 
"Seunghyun?" 
 
As if granting my wish. 
What? Oh sh--
 
"Yeah?" I almost chocked on my lunch. Not good.
 
And then he smiled. Jiyong just smiled. It only lasted for a second but it was perfect...
 
I jerked back when a hand waved in front of my face. And then I saw Jiyong hyung again, but not smiling, confused.  
 
"What's up?" He said
 
"hu?" No, say an actual word, or a sentence even better.
 
"You spaced out. Are you okay?" 
 
"Yeah." No. "Yes, thanks. Sorry Hyung."
 
"It's okay. Where are you from? Seoul?" He said as he finished eating and started to drink.
 
"Gwangju. What about you? How come you changed school?"
 
"Seoul. But I didn't go to this school before."
 
He didn't say why he left. Should I ask again? Or is that rude? He's my hyung.
 
"I didn't like my old school much. But this is nice right?" He continued after all.
 
"It's a reasonably nice pla- I mean, It's a great place but nobody likes school do they?"
 
Please don't say 'I do'.
 
"Yeah I guess....The people here are nice?" He said much to my relief.
 
"Most of them are, but you know nobody really that bad." I said truthfully.
 
"That's good." He stopped speaking but he seemed to have more to say. I shouldn't interrupt my hyung.
 
There was silence as we finished eating.
 
"You seem like a nice person." He said all of a sudden with that so perfect smile on his face. His eyes looked straight into mine and it was like his gaze froze me, or turned me to stone, like Medusa...in a good way of course.
 
"Thanks hyung." Was all I could think of to say.
 
"You're cute" 
 
Wha--?!?! Hyung thought I was cute. He already thought I was cute. Really? But there was no doubt in his voice and is no doubt in his shining eyes. When he smiled like this, he glowed. 
 
"H-hyung" I whispered...Oh no I wasn't supposed to say that out loud! Did he hear me?
 
"Yes?" came the answer. Now what do I do?
 
"H-how long have we got until class?" That should cover up okay...No! Ne's NEW! And I'M supposed to tell him things like that. I just went and made myself seem like a fool didn't I?
 
"You tell me. I'm the new one here." exactly...at least he was still smiling, that could never be a bad thing to me. Never....
 
I looked down to the black watch on my wrist. It read 12:55, 5 minutes to class. 
 
"We should get going now. Let me see your class timetable." I'll take him to class.
 
He put his lunch box back into his bag and searched for his timetable and pulled out a folded piece of paper. He gave it to me. I scanned the names of his classes, seemed like he was into music, like me. I love dancing too, maybe he does... 
 
So I took him to his class. Just before he I was turning to leave and let him go to class he stopped me.
 
"Wait. Where should I meet you at the end of school?" He asked. He really wanted to meet me after school? I was only here to show him to class and help him round IN school. But, not like it's a problem for me.
 
"Outside your last class, okay?" I said. I looked at his timetable, so I'll just meet him there.
 
"Sure Seunghyun" He said and quickly half hugged me before running into his class. I couldn't help the slight smile on my face.
 
Right! Class! I dashed off to my history class, teacher wouldn't like be being late.