Just Pretend

I Thought We Were Perfect

Key leaned against the door frame as he  watched Luna and Victoria play with his old stuffed animals. He enjoyed how Luna was taking time to play with his daughter. It was probably weird for Victoria because she's always around men but she seems comfortable enough. Key let out a sigh and walked towards his old room. Thankfully before he left, he had a queen bed so there would be enough room for Key and Victoria to sleep tonight. His mother is going to turn his old play room into Victorias room. Plopping down on his bed, Key thought about how much she's doing for him even though he's been gone for so long. 

He rolled over onto his side, facing the inside of the room, he curled into a ball as tears rolled down his face. He hated feeling so... Alone. Not having Jonghyun by his side left him feeling incomplete. Plus knowing that he is with someone else; left him feeling as if someone ripped out half of his heart, fed it to the wolves, left the wound open for it to infect and for him to rot away. He never thought he would loose Jonghyun, let alone to a female which broke his heart more. Was he not good enough for Jonghyun? Was he not curvy enough, pretty enough, smile enough, laugh enough? He just couldn't wrap his head around what he did that was song wrong for Jonghyun to leave him. He needed to talk to him, he needed to know. 

He sat up and dug his hand into his pocket, feeling for his phone. Wiping away the tears, he pulled out his phone and a card fell out. Picking it up, he read 'Lee Jinki' embroider into the card with his number underneath. Running is finger over it, he decided to call Jinki. He couldn't call Jonghyun yet. He knew he would go back to him on hands and knees and he didn't want that. Looking at the card, Key dialed Jinki's number, held the phone up to his ear and impatiently waited for An answer

"Yeoboseyo  Mr. Lee's office this is Sulli how may I help you?" 

"Um hi, I was wondering if I could talk to Jinki, tell him it's Key."

"I'm sorry Key but Mr. Jinki doesn't take personal calls. Have a nice da-"

"Key?" a rushed voice interrupted

"Um yeah?"

"Hi sorry about that, Sulli just..."

"It's alright she was just doing her job." Key answered. His heart suddenly felt light in his chest.

"Yeah. She's just doing her job," Jinki let out an airy laugh.

"So is, is everything alright? I wasn't expecting you to call so soon, actually really at all." 

"Yeah, everything's fine. It's just, Victoria keeps going on about how much she misses you and I was wondering if we could all get together sometime this week?" Key lied through his teeth. Victoria hasn't said one thing about him since they left the airport.

"Yeah of course! Meet me at the downtown park in about an hour?"

"Wait. In an hour?" Keys jaw dropped. 

"Yup. Well Key I gotta get off here I'll see you soon. Bye!"

"Um bye." With that, Jinki hung up the phone, leaving Key in shock. 

"An hour. He wants to meet me in an hour. I gotta get ready!" Key laid his phone on the bed and ran to his luggage. What was he going to wear! He wanted to look cute but he didn't want to go out of his way to look cute. Key looked down at what he was wearing. Grey baggy sweats and a tight black shirt

"Greeeaaaaatttt." he mumbled. How did he let Jinki see him like this! This is why he always made sure he looked good before he went out in public because you never know who you'll meet and the one day he didn't, he met Lee Jinki. Letting out a frustrated sigh, he ran into the bathroom, stripped out of his clothes and took a shower in ten minutes. After getting out of the quickest shower he's ever took, he wrapped himself in a towel and quickly walked out into his bedroom. He picked up his suitcase and flung it on top of the bed which made the towel wrapped around his waist drop to the floor, ignoring it kept digging through his clothes.

"Mr. Kim, I just want to let you-" Key flung around as Luna opened the door.

"Omo!" she quickly covered her eyes as Key picked up his towel, both of their faces pink as pepto bismol.

"I. Y-you. We. Saw. B-bye." Luna quickly closed the door and  left the room. Key dropped onto the bed and placed his face in his hands. He tried to stifle a laugh but it wasnt working. He couldn't believe she just saw him ! He shook his head and returned to digging through clothes. He had to look just right. 

Finally he found an outfit! He decided on a black shirt with blue jeans and his tan shoes. Briskly walking back to the bathroom, he straightened his hair. Picking up his eyeliner, he debated if he wanted to put some on or not. After contemplating for about five minutes, he decided against it because his outfit felt incomplete. Returning back to his room, he started to dig again. After a few seconds he found a green and blue plaid button up. Throwing it on, he left his room and walked down the hall to the play room. When he walked in to the room, he noticed Luna was playing with Tori. 

"Umma!" Tori squealed as she ran to Key. Leaning over, he picked her up and gave her a great big hug.

"Are you having fun with Luna?" Tori nuzzled her head into Keys neck and answered with a quiet yes.

"That's good baby. Guess what?" 

"What?"

"Jinki oppa wants us to come see him." Victoria sat up.

"Really!" she squealed with a big smile. 

"Yes baby! Now go brush your teeth." 
She squirmed out of Keys grasp and ran out of the room. Key looked over at Luna who was looking everywhere but him. It really was awkward since she did see him . Deciding to try to fix the tension in the room, Key made the first step.

"Luna," She slowly looked up towards him, knowing that she could get in trouble for not answering him. 

"Well. I," He bit his lip, not quite sure what he could say to make this situation better. It didn't help that Luna looked as if she was going to die from embarrassment. He had to say something to make her feel better. 

"Look, I'm sorry for what happened. I should of been decent." 

"It's okay. I should of knocked. I'm sorry that I, well, I saw you...." She whispered the last word. A faint smile spread across Keys face. The whole situation was quite funny. How many people can say that their mothers maid unwilling ? Not many. 

"It's okay. At least I have a y body!" Key teased as he placed his right hand behind his head while he looked up, his left rested on his hip, with his left knee bent out and toe pointed, sitting right beside his right foot. Luna let out a giggle which Key quickly joined in. 

"Let's just pretend it never happened. Sound like a plan?"

"Yeah it does," She smiled and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Would you like any help with Victoria ready?"

"Can you braid?" 

"I can." A grin spread across Keys face like wildfire.

"Great! Tori loves having her hair braided but I can't quite grasp the concept of it!" Key grabbed ahold of Victorias hand and pulled her down to his room.

"Tori!" Key called as he entered the room. Victoria, came out of the bathroom with dried toothpaste on her chin and cheeks.

"What umma?" Key let go out Luna's hand and walked over to Victoria. Tilting her head, he his thumb and started to wipe off her face 

"Luna is going to do your hair."

"Yay!" Victoria ran over to Luna and gave her a hug. Luna grabbed ahold of her hand and led her over to the bed. Victoria climbed up on to the bed and Luna got behind her. While Luna did Victorias hair, Luna filled Key in on what she heard about Jinki. His father started a meat company which Jinki turned global once the company was past down to him. She didn't really know anything else about him because he kept he life very private. Luna soon finished Victorias hair, which they both thanked her, grabbed a jacket for Victoria and left. They were close to running late and Key really didn't want Jinki to think that he was almost late to everything. Which he was. After they left the house, Key hailed down a cab and they headed towards the downtown park. He really hoped that Jinki wasn't waiting on him. 

-----------------------------
A/N 
 
Hi guys! I just wanted to apologize for the awkward ending, I jus couldn't figure out how to end it. 

I wanted to say thank you for commenting. It really means a lot! Even if you comment about how your day was, I don't care I just want to know you guys are there!

Well I hope you enjoyed!

-Kjoe <3