Not to seem rude

I Thought We Were Perfect

Key stirred in his sleep and slowly peeked open his eyes. As he lifted his head, he noticed it was sore. ‘I must have slept on it wrong’ he thought to himself. Sitting up he looked around and noticed that Victoria wasn’t with him, neither was Jinki. Panic swelled throughout Keys body. Standing up, he glanced around for the new and still couldn’t find them. He rushed out into the aisle and looked towards the left. ‘Where is my daughter?!’

“Umma!”

Victoria squealed. Key spun around and saw her waking behind a curtain with Jinki right behind her. He ran towards her and embraced her in a tight hug, sending Jinki a death glare.

“Umma, you’re squishing me!”

I Victoria whined as she tried to wiggle free from Keys death grip. He pulled her away from her so he could examine that everything was there, counting her fingers and making sure all her body parts were attached.

“Umma.”

Victoria whined again. Key let go of her arm which he had outstretched, making sure her arm was still attached.

“Tori, where were you?”

“I went to the potty Umma.”

Key let out a sigh of relief and stood up so she could walk back to her seat. Jinki tried to follow her but was cut off. Placing his hand on his hip and putting all his weight on his right foot, he waited for an explanation.

“What?”

“What? What do you mean what?!”

“Tori explained to you what happened. I don’t see why you’re making this such a big of a deal.”

“I’m not ma-”

Key cut himself off when he realized that he was making this whole situation a bigger deal than it was. He flopped his arm down to his sides in defeat.

“I’m sorry, it’s just she’s my baby girl. I don’t know what I would do if I ever lost her.”

Jinki placed a hand on Key shoulder comfortably.

“It’s okay Key.”

Key froze under Jinki’s touch.

“How do you know my name? I haven’t told you.”

“Victoria told me while you were sleeping.”

“Oh we-”

All passengers proceed back to your seats. We will be landing in ten minutes. Please remain safely buckled and seated until the plane is on the ground.”

A lady over the airplanes intercom cut Key off before he could apologize, which he solemnly did.

“Thank you.”

Key said barely above a whisper.

“What was that?”

Key let out a frustrated sigh. He truly did hate apologizing, so doing it twice was even worse.

“I’m sorry.”

Jinki let out a small laugh.

“I was only teasing you, you didn’t have to apologize twice but you’re welcome. We should probably head back to our seats though.”

Key nodded his head in agreement and walked towards their seats with Jinki close behind him. When they took their seats, Key looked down at Tori and saw her awkwardly sleeping in her chair. Letting out a small laugh, he leaned down and picked her up; placing her head on his shoulder he sat down next to Jinki who was resetting the time on his watch.

“So, how come you were in Canada?”

Key asked when he was finished.

“A close friend of mine lives in there and he told me about his little boy, so I flew out there to see him.”

“Oh do you have any pictures?”

“Actually,”

Jinki fished through his pockets and pulled out his phone

“I do.”

Opening it up to the pictures, he handed Key the phone. Glancing down, Key noticed that the young boy looked oddly familiar but he couldn’t quite place who it was cause of how far away he was. Key looked up him with a confused look on his face.

“What is your friend’s name?”

“Minho.”

“Minho? Choi Minho?”

“Yes. You know him?”

“Yes I know him! He’s my son-in-law!”

Jinki gave him a confused look.

“Well Taemin is my best friend, you know about the situation with his mother right?”

Jinki nodded his head in agreement.

“Well I, being the protective friend I am, claimed him as my son.”

Jinki’s mouth fell open.

“You’re Key Umma?”

Key shook his head in agreement.

“Yes, I am.”

Jinki shifted uncomfortably. Key gave him a questioned look.

“What?”

“I ju- I just can’t believe I didn’t recognize you. Taemin fawns over you all the time,”

He let out an awkward laugh.

“He also would say some pretty crazy things.”

“Oh would he? Like what?”

“Well he would uh just uh oh it’s nothing.”

Key nudged Jinki in the arm with his elbow.

“Oh come on, tell me.”

“He would just tease and say how that we need to get together and how you would uh love to sink your claws into me and how you would make me uh less uptight.”

Key’s jaw dropped as he processed what Jinki just said.

“He makes me sound like a !”

Key said slightly louder than he attended. Everyone turned around and looked at him. His cheeks turning a bright pink, he turned around, acting as if he was looking at the person who said it; while Jinki was failing miserably at trying to cover his uncontrollable laughter. Clearing his throat, Jinki said

“Well you don’t seem like a so it’s alright.”

“Thanks.”

Key sent him a meek smile.

All passengers, the plane as landed you may gather your carryon bags and exit at the door up on the left. Thank you have a nice day.”

Key and Jinki stood up once the intercom cut off. Jinki moved over so Key could get out of the seats and into the aisle.

“Here let me get that for you.”

Jinki cut in after watching Key struggle for a couple of minutes with trying to get his bags.

“Thank you.”

“Any time.”

Jinki smiled at him which made Key blush slightly. They walked out of the terminal in silence.

“Umma, is the plane ride over?”

Victoria asked while rubbing her eyes when they walked out the door.

“Yes baby.”

“Does that mean we are going to live with Jinki oppa?”

Key let out a small laugh and placed her on the ground facing him.

“No baby, we are still going to live with halmoni.”

“But why Umma.”

“Because we don’t know Jinki that well and he doesn’t need us barging into his life when he has work. Plus halmoni misses us.”

“Okay Umma.”

Victoria said to the ground.

“Tell Jinki goodbye and thank him for paying for us to ride in the plane.”

Victoria turned towards Jinki, still looking at the ground.

“Thank you oppa for letting us ride in the plane witf you.”

Jinki squatted down so he was more eye to eye to her. He placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Hey honey, don't be sad. I'll see you again soon. Okay?"

Victoria looked up with a smile on her face.

“Really?”

“Of course!”

Victoria let out a squeal and hugged Jinki

“Okay, we’ll go to the park and play and get ice cream and go swimming!”

“Alright honey that sounds like a good idea.”

Jinki stood up and reached into the pocket inside his jacket.

“I don’t mean to seem rude but this is the only thing I have with my number on it.”

He handed Key a card.

“Thank you.”

Jinki smiled at him

“Well my taxi is here. Don’t be strangers!”

He called as he got into the cab.

“Bye oppa!”

Tori called after him. Key stuffed the card into his pocket and grabbed Victoria’s hand.

“Come on baby, let’s go see grandma.”