No elbow room

I Thought We Were Perfect

"Jonghyun, let's move," Key whined as he laid sprawled out across his and Jonghyuns bed.

"Move? Why do you want to move?" Jonghyun asked, and Key quickly sat up and glared at him.
 
"Our apartment is so small and plain, there's no elbow room."
 
Jonghyun let out a soft sigh. "Well where do you want to go?"
 
A smile quickly appeared on Keys face. "Well Taemin and I - "
 
"Oh no," Jonghyun let out a frustrated sigh; those two always came up with crazy ideas.
 
"Yah! I wasn't finished," Key scolded teasingly. "Anyways, as I was saying, Taemin and I were looking into it and we found out that same marriages are legal in Canada!"
 
Jonghyun stared at him in disbelief. "You want to move to Canada?"
 
"Of course! I don't just want to be secretly engaged for the rest of my life. I want to go somewhere where I can show off our relationship and have that stability of marriage."
 
"But Key, our friends, family, life is here."
 
Key shook his head with a pout. "I don't care, I want change. Seeing the same things all the time is annoying. I'm tired of all these Koreans. I want to expand my English. I need change."
 
Jonghyun felt a pang in his heart. He was never the one for change, it felt unstable to him. He enjoyed routine. It took every last piece of him just to propose to Key because he knew it was unexcepted. Granted, Key was completely oposite from him but that's what fascinated him about Key. Never afraid to be his out going self. That's why he loved him so much, he always secretly wanted to be like him but no matter what his heart longed for he still had trouble with change. 
 
He glanced up at Key who had a pleading look on his face and felt his heart melt. He just wasn't able to tell him no. Letting out a defeated sigh and scratching the back of his head he said yes. 
 
"Really?!" Key gasped.
 
"Why not? Anything for the love of my life."
 
"Oh Jjongie!" Key pulled him into a hug as tears of joy fell down his face. He quickly pulled away and locked lips with his lover. Kissing him so passionately, he thought his heart was going to fly out of his chest. 
 
"I should go tell Taemin!" He said, breaking the kiss. He jumped off the bed and ran into the other room to get his phone to call his son best friend. 
 
Jonghyun let out a small laugh which turned into a deep yawn. He suddenly became drowsy and glanced over at the bed side clock. 
 
"11:47, no wonder I'm tired."
 
He moved to his side of the and s his way under the covers, pondering if he should stay awake and wait for Key or not, but soon sleep overpowered his body and he was out like a light. Key walked in five minutes later and found the sleeping Jonghyun with his arms open as if he was waiting for key. Key smiled, shut off the light and crossed the bed, got into bed and cuddled up next to his fiancé. 
"Yeobo, wake up."
 
Jonghyun's voice rang in Keys ears and he grumbled and rolled over, still not wanting to wake up.
 
"Yeobo." Jonghyun whined until Key let out a frustrated sigh and sat up. 
 
"What?"
 
He was not a morning person. At all. 
 
"I made you breakfast," Jonghyun said sheepishly. A smile spread across Keys face as a tray of scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast was sat across his lap. In the corner of the tray sat a very healthy red rose. Key felt the butterflies in his stomach start to flutter. Even after three years, Jonghyun was still romantic. 
 
"I thought since we were moving to Canada we should start getting used to English food." 
 
He happily started to dig into the eggs. The taste surprised him, they looked so good but they weren't fully cooked. Glancing over at Jonghyun, he noticed the hopeful look on his face. Not wanting to poke his pride, he smiled and quickly chewed the food. Moving on to the bacon, which was cold, he was just happy that they were done. Finishing those off quickly, he decided to put the eggs on the toast, hopefully covering the taste. Thankfully it did.
 
"Thank you, Jonghyun." 
 
Key smiled at him as he took the tray away. Even though it wasn't the greatest breakfast, it was still cute that he did it. Stretching and smiling, Key jumped into bed and walked out of their room and into the bathroom to take a quick shower.
 
After his shower, Key went back to the room and to the dresser. Opening the draws, he pulled out black skinny jeans, green boxers,a white tank top, a grey t-shirt that hung off one of his shoulders and black socks. Putting them on, he walked back into the bathroom, blow dried his hair, straightened it, then put on eyeliner. Looking at himself in the mirror, he realized something was missing. Then it hit him, he quickly started going through the cupboards in the bathroom. 
 
"Yeobo!" Key called with worry thick in his voice.
 
"Yes?" Jonghyun answered from somewhere inside their tiny apartment.
 
"Where is my necklace?"
 
There was a pause as Key walked back into the bedroom, slightly panicking. 
 
"Uhh... Look on the desk."
 
Key flung around frantically searching the desk. 
 
"Yeobo, it's not here!" Key half cried. Jonghyun entered the room and pulled the weeping Key into his arms. Whispering soft words to him while rubbing his back until Key slowly calmed down. 
 
"Alright, let's take a breath," Jonghyun said, and Key inhaled and exhaled very deeply. "Let's think about where you took it off."
 
"Okay."
 
"Alright, now retrace your steps. When was the last time you remembered having it on?"
 
Key started to chew on his lips while he thought about it.
 
"Well... I was cooking dinner, I remember it being on then. Then after dinner we started wrestling over the remote and I took it off so it would break and placed it on the - "
 
Key darted out of the room and into the living room. Running over to the coffee table, Key spotted it. Laying neatly where he left it. He quickly picked up the necklace and put it on. Placing his hand over the small gold and emerald necklace, he let out a sigh of relief. He could never loose this necklace, it was his grandmothers, who gave it to him before she passed away two years ago.
 
"See, now everything's okay," Jonghyun said as he s his arms around Keys waist. Leaning his hand back against his lovers neck. They stood in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was a comfortable one. Just enjoying each others presence. Key shifted so he was standing up right again.
 
"Alright Yeobo, let's go to Taemin and Minho's and start looking at houses!" 
 
Key smiled and they headed to the door, slipped on their shoes and out the door and started to walk the ten minute walk to Taemin and Minho's house.
 
A/N 
Hi guys! If any of you are reading my somewhere over the rainbow story, sorry I haven't updated. I'm stuck. I figured out that I'm more of a one shot writer so I'm more than likely going to scrap it and start over.
 
For those who are new readers, thank you for reading this! I hope you enjoy and don't find it to boring. Just hold out because there will be drama next chapter. 
 
Love Kjoe <3