Art Studio : Love and Design

One More Chance [Rewrite]

I stepped put of the airport with a cooling sigh as I looked around. It was foreign yet familiar. I tried to ease myself and just walked where my legs and memories led me. It is quite frustrating, knowing and unknowing about the current situation. My head just pounds badly as I made my way to a hotel. I was just so mad about my own brain, I forced myself out of this trance and just headed to a hotel at the outskirts of the city.

 

I went in the hotel and book a suite.

 

Lady: Welcome back, Mr Byun.

 

Huh? What? I looked around and squeezed my hand on my eyes.

 

Me: Great, now even my conscience is following this Baekhyun guy. Xi Lu han, get back your senses.

 

I frustratedly snatched the key from the lady's hand and went up. I didn't really think about where I was going because it seems that my body knows about it more than I will ever do. As I was going up the elevator, I just sigh in fatigue. I'm not physically tired, just emotionally confused. I could hear the lady's voice shouting my name, trying to get me to wait until she settles my registration but I was being my stubborn Luhan self, I let her be. Anyway, deep inside my heart, maybe the Baekhyun part of me told me that she is kind enough to slip it under the door later on.

 

~~

 

As soon as I entered, I threw my bag on the bed and sat down slumpily. I was absorbing the ambience that was rather nostalgic about the place. The smell, the sight, the scene.. Sigh..

 

I lied down on the bed when my dream flashed right in front of me. The feathers, the girl, walking.. It was just soo vivid but then an ending scene came about. I saw myself screaming at the top of my lungs. Suddenly, this zeal of anger rises in me. I was rather mad about something but I can't seem to figure it out in me. It frightens me to be angry about nothing so I just sat up in shock and cool myself down. Then, I could hear a soft knock as I slowly turned my head towards the door. Cowardly, an envelope and my credit card slowly slipped in from under the door. That really made me come back to reality.

 

I scuffled through my stuff to find a paper. That particular paper..

 

~~

 

I'm now in front of an art studio. My brain is palpitating so badly as I scrunch the paper. A paper leading me to a studio. Surprising enough, my brain was not able to remember this place at all. No matter, I came closer to the door and looked in. It seems empty.

 

I crouched down and unlock the door with a bunch of keys I found in the drawer as well. Right after I twist my hand to unlock it, visions started appearing in my eyes. More colours were seen and my heart just calmed at the warm colours. I squinted my eyes to see a clearer shot when a man came in and sat on a stool in front of a canvas. I was taken aback by the sudden revelation of the man so I kept myself quiet and continued looking.

 

It wasn't long when I saw a girl sneaking in. She tiptoed slowly as she focused hard on the man who continued his painting.

 

Me: [Thought] She looks rather familiar. Is she..? Wait. It's her! Miru, my dear sweet Miru.

 

Up till now, I can only see their backs; I can't recognize the man by his silhouette but I know Miru's one anywhere. She stayed still for a moment and pounced on him soon after as her arm wrapped around his nape. 

 

Miru: It's pretty! But those flowers looks ridiculously similar to the ones we saw at the park we went last night.

 

The man just smiled and return to dabbing his artpiece. He turned to face Miru and their eyes locked to each other. Their faces calmed and softened. She broke the lock and stand straight, still by his side. he turned around and pulled her in between his legs. Miru calmly placed her palm on his face, tracing in south for for cheeks. His eyes remained closed as he savour her touch by any means necessary. I flinched.

 

Me: [Thought] That's me. No wonder I can't remember. Ever since I left the hotel, my mind changed to the Luhan mode instead of Baekhyun's. Baekhyun surely would have known. Luhan being luhan, stubborn enough not to listen and just went on thinking with his mind.

 

Suddenly, when Baekhyun [me] was looking at the current me [Luhan], my heart just stopped as I made a dash for it. Do you ever know the feeling of having seen yourself unconsciouly? Besides, the mirror of course. If feels like you life was a lie. Maybe it was.