Korea

One More Chance [Rewrite]

I was discharged after 2 weeks in captivity of the bed. The doctors gave me a talk for in case I had a headache of whatnots. There are no mirrors in my toilet so I just assume that I was ready to meet the outside world. After reaching out to my back pocket for my wallet, I just froze as I open it. Who's wallet am I opening to?

 

Pharmacist: Hurry, hurry! We have a herd of patients to attend to!

 

I just looked up at her in fear and just slide my fingers to the notes section. I took out $400 and paid her. Then, I walked out and took a seat on the nearby bench. I took out the wallet and my mind went spiral. I opened up the wallet and take a look at who's wallet it was.

 

Byun Baek Hyun

 

His i/c was the first card I saw. At some point, I felt like I stole the wallet.

 

This isn't mine.

 

I began searching for any clue I can find in the other compartments. Sigh.. My head starts to ache all of a sudden. Just now, you expected the $400 that I handed to the lady was in $50 notes. But they were in $100 notes. This Byunbaek.. no no. Baek Hyun? Hyun.. ARGH! I don't even know which one of it is his surname. No matter, I can determine which country he was from. I look at the top of his i/c and most of his cards have this words stamped on them. 

 

The Republic Of Korea

 

Me: So, he's Korean. Who would have known?

 

I whispered to myself. Now that I think about it, my thinking is all in Korean. But I'm Chinese. Am I? Not talking and just zoning out for my entire stay in the hospital excepts for a few grunts explains my situation. Hmm, wasn't I in China? In my room, with a.. Sigh, I better get back home.

 

~~

 

I just followed where my body leads me. It seems as though I was hypnotized. I seem to know where to walk to, every alley, every zebra crossing. It felt almost casual when I realise it in my brain and my eyes widen in amusement.

 

I finally reached at an apartment and I casually beeped in the pin code before slipping off my shoes and entering. Once I'm inside, I am more aware of my own being. I remember the smell almost too well as I walk around the room. I placed my hand on a shelf, creating marks on the dust surface. I didn't mind the dirt at all but it's just the feeling that shocks me. I felt that I have done this a million times. Deja vu? You can definitely say that.

 

All of a sudden, my leg jerks for a desk. I slid my hand by the drawer and pull it open. I took my time skimming through the items. I saw a few folded notes that I didn't bother unfolding but I saw a polaroid photo holder. It was in a floral clip compartment, merely as big as my palm. Well, at least my old palm. My new self really needs some time to get used to. I came across a passport.

 

Me: Well, it's time to go to South Korea then.

 

I took some shirt from the closet that I happened to know and pack it in. I went over to the mirror, took one last look at my brand new self and left. I swear I was in front of the mirror the last time I remember. It was pointed to my head as I shut my eyes. Sigh, have I been dreaming?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Heehee, were any of eu confused with the last few sentences? No worries, the answers will be revealed as we go along, okay?;)