Confession

In Case You Come Back

“Oh…this looks nice on you. Try this with this skirt…” Yongguk told me as he handed me two piece of clothing. He turned me around and pushed me forward by my shoulder to walk towards the fitting room.

 

“Why did you ask me to wear this?” I asked him but he pushed me in instead and locked the door.

 

“Just put them on..” he said from the outside. *Urgh...this guy…always gets what he wants and I can never win. I put the skirt and matching blouse and knocked on the door, telling him I had them on and he opened the door.

 

“Hae Joo ah…they look so perfect on you.” He told me as he adores the clothes. He circled around me, looking at every details of the clothes.

 

“Ya…are you buying this for me?” I asked him and he laughed. He grabbed me by the side and his fingers messing my fringe. “You think I’m going to buy all this girly dress for you? It’s for Jieun, you silly.” He told me to my face while pinching my nose and fixed my fringe back to how it is.

 

“Then why bother asking me to try it on?” I pushed him away and slammed the fitting room’s door. I squatted on the floor and cried. The last night scene of Jieun kissing Chunji flashed before my eyes. I feel really bad for Yongguk because he have no idea that he had been cheated, I really wanted to tell him but I just can’t.

 

“Hae Joo…Hae Joo ah…are you okay? I’m sorry, I’ll buy you some clothes too okay? Ya…don’t be like this, please come out.” He said softly from the other side of the door. I took off the clothes and wear mine and wiped my tears.

 

“Are you okay?” Yongguk try to have a look at my face but I hand him the clothes instead.

 

“I wanna go to the washroom. Just wait here till I come back.” I told him and walk off.

 

*********************

That night I drove over to the beach. I’m not alone as there’s a few couple sitting by the fire at the other end and some was strolling by the shoreline hand in hand. I missed the sea, I missed Yongguk and the time where we used to hang out and go camping near the beach, having fun and we only have each other.

 

Suddenly my phone rang and Yongguk’s name appeared on the screen. I try to not answer it but something felt wrong. I answered the call and Yongguk’s voice seems sad.

 

“Hae Joo ah…where are you? I really need you right now…it’s all really hard for me… I think Jieun is cheating on me…” he said it slow with little pause between words.

 

“Ya…”

 

“I’ll be in the café…can you please come right now?” his voice started to changed…seems that he’s holding back his tears.

 

“Yongguk-ah…” I called his name but he hung up… “Ya!” I just hear the engaged dial tone. How I wish I could tell him off straight but it’s all seems so sudden. I drove off to the café where we used to hang out together.

 

I walked towards the café and saw Yongguk sitting at the table, looking rather angry; he’s clenching his fists and I could see his tears through the clear glass wall of the café. As I was about to take a step closer, I saw Jieun came up towards him from behind. He noticed Jieun’s presence and he stood up to leave but Jieun hugged him from the back, crying behind his shoulder.

 

I felt like I’ve been torn apart slowly, bit by bit in two piece, it really hurts me so much to know that she had cheated on him before my eyes but she’s pretending like she’s all innocent. Jieun cries and she didn’t even let go of Yongguk. Slowly Yongguk’s hand holds Jieun’s arm that wrapped around his waist. He then turned around and hugged Jieun tight.

 

My heart felt like a mirror fall down on a solid rock and shattered into million pieces. I couldn’t stand anymore drama that I’m watching right now and slowly I dragged my feet and my aching heart back to the car.

 

***********************

“I’m going to leave town.” I told Eun Young as I packed my stuff into the box. Eun Young holds my hand, stopping me from packing.

 

“Why are you doing this to yourself? You should just tell him…Hae Joo ah…you’re not like this. That girl cheated on him and you just going to let her keep breaking his heart?” Eun Young words really slaps me in the face but I can’t make things become worst as it is.

 

“Are you crazy? We’ve been best friends for years and I’m not going to ruin it by confessing my heart out. Don’t you realize that it will get really awkward between us if things didn’t work out?  I’m not going to risk our friendship and what we had is just fine. This is my final decision and nothing’s gonna change it.” I told Eun Young and continued packing my stuff.

 

“I have nothing to say to you. Just reconsider things back before you make your decision or else you’re the one who suffers in the end. I’m gonna go out with Taec, just give me a call if something came up.” Eun Young patted on my shoulder and left.

 

As I packed my things, I came across an old scrap book that Yongguk and I used to paste our pictures in it of every occasions and event we went together. I missed those times. I can’t even look at it anymore and put it down on the table. I the radio and listen to some music.

 

“That’s the new track from C-Clown, Far Away and you’re listening KBS Cool FM, Kiss The Radio. Yeah you’re with me, your handsome, yet adorable and classy DJ, Kim Heechu (giggles). We open our line for callers in a while and we’re going to talk about love. Please do give us a call and share you love stories and send your love and wishes with our hit songs and the number to call….”

 

I grab my hand phone and dialed the number that the DJ announces. It was there on my screen and I’m holding it in my hand. I’ve been listening to this channel and have thought of making confession on air but I was too scared to share.

 

“We have our first caller…hello? Yes, you’re on air now…who’s on the line please?”

 

“I’m Minji…can I request a song?” the caller asked.

 

“Of course…what would you want me to play?” DJ Heechul asked.

 

“I don’t need a man, by Miss A and I dedicated this song to my ex…” the caller informed.

 

“Do you have any wishes or anything you want to say?”

 

“Ya, you’re listening right now is it? Just to let you know…I don’t need a man like you. That’s all.” The caller hung up.

 

“Wow…that’s one tough cookie there…so, as requested by Minji, here’s the song for her ex, whoever you ar, by Miss A, I don’t need a man…” the song is played.

 

**************

Author’s POV

Yongguk was at the studio with Himchan, editing some tracks in preparation for their next duo project album.

 

“Yaahh…” himchan yawned, stretching his body as we have sat there brain storming for hours. “I wanna listen to the radio.” He told me and turned it on and Miss A’s song was on air. Himchan hummed to the song and moved to the beat.

 

“Ya, you look silly doing that.” Yongguk told him and he giggled. After a few seconds listening,  the song ends.

 

“Aww..come on? I was just…” Himchan seems frustrated that the song has ended.

 

“That was the song by Miss A, I don’t need a man. Looks like we have another caller…hello?”

 

“Yeah..Hello…”

 

“You sounds so cute…may I know who’s calling?” DJ Heechul asked.

 

“Uhm…can I just share my story?” Hae Joo asked.

 

“Oh sure…go on…” DJ Heechul asked her to continue.

End of POV

 

Yongguk’s POV

The voice is rather familiar, like I’m often listening to it. I pushed Himchan aside to make my way to the radio’s volume button. I turn up the volume a bit and get back to my seat.

End of POV

 

Author’s POV

“Uh…I’ve been keeping this for so long and today I decided to just share with you Heechul oppa…”

 

“Don’t be afraid…just let it all out…” he assured her.

 

“I have a best friend, it’s a guy. We’ve been good friends since high school and we often spent times together. I’ve never thought that we could stay so close after years and now we have our own lives but still we’re best friends until today…” Hae Joo paused.

 

“That’s great…it’s quite challenging for a guy and girl to stay as friends for so long...” DJ Heechul adds.

 

“Nae…but now I felt like I’m losing him as he had a girlfriend and they’re so much in love with each other.” Hae Joo’s voice started to shake and she paused for a while.

 

“Hello? Caller?” DJ Heechul asked after a moment of silence.

 

“I’m sorry, I got carried away. I can accept the fact that he’s happy now but I have something to tell him for so long but it seems like my lips just couldn’t move. If I were to tell him about this…I’m afraid that we’ll be apart, our relationship will be awkward and he might get away from me.” Hae Joo starts to cry.

 

“You can tell us on air because you came up anonymously, I guess it’s safe for you to just let it out so you could feel relief. Just tell me because I believe the listeners out there wants to listen to your story too..” the DJ persuade her and there’s a little sigh.


“Last week, I came across his girlfriend in a club, kissing with the guy that he and his girlfriend once set me up with. I’m in total shock to find her cheating on my best friend and she even threatened me if I were to tell him about her cheating behind his back…I felt so burdened to not be able to tell but I can’t because I don’t wanna risks our friendship.” Hae Joo cried even more.

 

“What did she tells you?” the DJ asked. Himchan nodded and I’m also anticipated for her answer.

 

“Ya..this is serious…poor girl.” Himchan cuts in.

 

“Shhhhh…just listen.” Yongguk told him.

 

“She asked me to keep a secret and if I were to tell him, she would tell him how I actually feels for him and she will also make up stories until he leave me for good.” Hae Joo sobs.

 

“Yaaa..that’s nasty. Poor guy, how can you not see she’s cheating on you? Caller-ssi…is there anything you want to say to your bestfriend?”

 

“I just want him to know that I have always loved him no matter what. He’s the best friend I could ever wish for. I just want to confess here that I actually have feelings for him, that I loved him more than he loved her. I know I couldn’t tell this straight to his face, I know that if I did, we wouldn’t be friends anymore. I just wanna say… I love you. Please be happy with her and I will back away from your life.” There’s a paused and then a dead dial tone.

 

“Hello? Caller? Hello? Oh..she hung up. That was a brave confession of the night, thank you caller for sharing your story. I would do the same too for his happiness and I wish our lovely caller just now a happier life ahead. So, here’s a song to match her story, B.A.P’s new single, Rain Sound…enjoy.”

End of POV

 

Yongguk’s POV

My heart stops beating for a second. The caller’s voice makes me think of Hae Joo. In the situation where I’ve been told by Sam D hyung that he saw Jieun with another guy the other day and Hae Joo get’s all angry when I told her the clothes is for Jieun, it makes me think of the similarities of her story with me being her best friend and the fact that I’m dating Jieun and all.

 

“Yaa..that girl didn’t deserve all the heartache. Why on earth did her best friend become so blind to see that she likes him?” Himchan makes his own judgment.

 

“Himchan-ah…I need to go out for a while, I’ll be back.” I told him and rushed to the exit.

 

“Ya, where are you going? Don’t be too long!” Himchan reminds me.

End of POV