Broken

In Case You Come Back

 

Yongguk’s POV

 

“I’m sorry Yongguk, she had left town. She asked me not to tell you where she went but I’m sure that she’ll be back soon.” Eun Young told me as I arrived at the apartment.

 

“But you’re her housemate, you should’ve known. No…I have to talk to her.” I let out a hard sigh, scratching on my forehead like there’s going to be an idea came out figuring what to do and Eun Young asked me to come in and have a seat.

 

“Actually, there’s something that I need to tell you. But don’t get me wrong because I was there at the scene.” Eun Young told me that she saw Jieun and Chunji that night, the exact same story that Sam D hyung told me the other day. I felt like I’ve been hit by a meteor out of this sudden stories about Jieun and Chunji secretly seeing each other behind my back as well as knowing that Hae Joo actually have feelings for me since we get closer and become best friends.

 

“I better get going. Thanks.” I told Eun Young short and heads towards the door.

 

“Yongguk ah…whatever it is, please don’t take this on Hae Joo, she really loves you but she doesn’t want things to get worst. Enough for you to just know the truth even I’m forbid to tell you but I can’t stand watching her in great pain. I believe she will return home after a while and I know you’ll know when the time is.” I just smiled and nodded.

 

On my way home I took the city bus and as it stopped by the karaoke club, my eyes stuck at these two familiar figures outside the place. I squint to have a better focus and it really is Jieun and Chunji, arm pn arm and Chunji had his hands around her waist. It feels like a ninja sword had just pierced through my heart. I slant down a little and pulled my hoodies and give her a call while I peek through the window glass to see how she would react.

 

Jieun hold the phone and stare at it; then Chunji took it from her and she shook her head. Chunji opened the back cover of Jieun’s phone and took out the battery. Later he keeps her phone in his pocket and grabs Jieun’s side and they started walking, as well as the bus starts moving. Without thinking further, I ran towards the bus driver and ask him to stop. I jump off the bus and ran towards both of them.

 

As I got near, I grabbed Chunji’s shoulder and turn him around to face me and I give him a punch in his face. Because of the strong force, Chunji was thrown back and fall flat on his .

 

“Chunji!” Jieun knelt beside him and helped him to get up. She looked at me, still in disbelief and with much anger burning in her eyes, “Yongguk…are you insane? How could you?” she shouted at me.

 

“He deserves that…I just can’t believe this…why you did all this to me Song Jieun?” I shouted at them and as I clenched my fists, try not to throw another punch on Chunji’s face. Chunji wiped the side of his lips and there’s a little blood on.

 

“Why? Ask yourself what’s wrong with you?” she said in much anger.

 

“What did I do wrong? Why Chunji? Why now? Jieun-ah…how could you betrayed my trust? I loved you with all my heart but at the end, this is what I get? What is wrong with you?” I told her off and her face changed. She stepped forward and stand infront of Chunji, just a foot away from me.

 

“No Yongguk you’re the one who betrayed me…you don’t really loved me…I have no choice. I just can’t take it anymore.” Jieun told me and I stopped breathing for a second.

 

“What do you mean I betrayed you and I don’t love you?” I asked her as I’m getting all confused at the same time.

 

“You wanna know why? It’s Hae Joo.” She answered short and breathe hard, like she couldn’t bare her annoyance.

 

“Hae Joo?” this is more complicated as it gets when I try to think what have Hae Joo done.

 

“Yes, Hae Joo. It has been all about her all along; in every little thing we do you always mentioned her being good at things, what she likes and what she would think of it. It has never been us. Can’t you even see that? Have you ever think of what I felt when you keep on mentioning and praising her?” Jieun said as her tears fall down her cheeks. Her words smacked me straight in the face.

 

“It has been so long I wanted to say this to you but I just keep it inside. I can’t stand the fact that you prefer Hae Joo more than me. Everything good is all about her and on every date we went, all is to be stuck with that annoying girl…how can you expect me to take it?”

 

“Yah! She’s my bestfriend…” I try to defend her but it seems like Jieun is giving up on us.

 

“No…no, she’s not. I’m sorry Yongguk but I think we should just stop seeing each other from now on. You’re a nice guy but I can’t take it when I failed to win your heart and you’ve never open yours for me.” Jieun took off the couple ring from her hand and came towards me. She took my hand and put the ring on my palm.

 

“Jieun…” I grabbed her wrist but she snatched her hand away from me and she still crying. She walk towards Chunji and both of them walk away, leaving me standing there alone in the cold night. I just don’t know what to think at the moment; everything happened all at once and it’s just too much for me. I took out my phone and dialed Hae Joo’s number.

 

“The number you have dialed is not reachable, please try again later~”

 

*Hae Joo..where are you?*

End of POV

 

*******************

 

Author’s POV

“Please Eun Young, tell me where she is.” Yongguk begs for Eun Young to tell him where Hae Joo is.

 

“I can’t tell you now, and if you can excuse me, I have business to run here.” Eun Young took the tray full with baked items and arranged them on the shelves of display area.

 

“I need to know where she is. Eun Young…” Yongguk tails her wherever she went just to ask about Hae Joo. Eun Young put down the tray and grabbed Yongguk by the arm and drags him outside at the staff resting area. He pushed Yongguk by the shoulder to sit down at the bench.

 

“Which part of my words did you not understand? I told you I can’t tell where she is. Why did you want to look for her? Wait…do you actually love her?” Eun Young looked at Yongguk in the eyes.

 

“No…she’s just a friend.” Yongguk turn to look to the other side.

 

“You’re lying. I knew it. Ya, can’t you see it? You actually love her, not as a friend but as someone special.” Eun Young words makes Yongguk paused to think.

 

“No way…that’s just nonsense.” Yongguk try to deny it.

 

“Ya! Stop being a moron and wake up. Bang Yongguk…you actually loved her, stop denying your feelings towards her. If you don’t then why you came here and ask me about her and why did you bother to look for her?” Eun Young sits infront of Yongguk and crossed her arms.

 

“I’m just worried about her.” Yongguk answered in hesitation.

 

“No...you just can’t live without her. There’s not a day that you can go through without her around you, right? Ya…just look at you, you can’t go on a day without Hae Joo rather than Jieun and tell me now Yongguk, why do you have to drag Hae Joo on all your dates and want her to be by your side even you’ve already have Jieun at the first place? Eun Young raised her brows.

 

“I…uh…” Yongguk seems like he had lost his words.

 

“See? You can’t even answer that. We have been friends since college years and I can see the way you treat her is different from any other girls. It’s a big lie if you say that she’s just a friend when you’re going crazy right now trying to figure out her whereabouts.” Eun Young took out a small pocket note and a pen from her apron pocket and writes something on it.

 

“Here, I wish you luck to get her back.” Eun Young give that piece of paper to Yongguk and went inside her bakery shop.

End of POV

 

******************

 

Yongguk’s POV

I took the bus to the get to the address that Eun Young gave me. All the way my head can’t stop thinking about Hae Joo and the fact that I have broke up with Jieun. When I start to think back on all those excuses that Jieun gave me when I ask to meet her late night and the day that I saw her came out from the club when she said that she’s sick earlier really hits me hard on my head.

 

*No wonder you keep on giving excuses when I ask to meet you, because you’ve start seeing Chunji,* I sighed hard. I also regretted that I had punch Himchan in the face once because he said he saw Jieun at a club with a guy when I was not in a good mood.

 

Flashback

“Ya..can you please stop dragging me along on your date? It’s not fair for Jieun.” Hae Joo pulled over by the roadside.

 

“Wae? It’ll be more fun when you’re around.” I told her and she sighed.

 

“So, I’m like a toy that you can drag and play around all the time? Like that? Haven’t you thought of how I feel with you doing that to me?” she turned to look at me with a serious face.

 

“Hae Joo-ya…there’s not a day I can imagine without you, I just don’t know how it would be if you’re not around. You’re the only person that could understand me…even there’s something that Jieun couldn’t understand but you can.” I told her and her face changed.

 

“Then why don’t you just date me instead of Jieun if you say you can’t live a day without me?” I burst into laughter and Hae Joo frowned. I grabbed her by her neck and give a peck on her cheek.

 

“Because you’re my best friend…let’s go.”

End of flashback

 

I started to realize that she had given me a clue that she likes me but I was too blind to see. I took out my phone and all my messages haven’t been replied by Hae Joo and once again I try dialing her number but the operator’s voice greets me for the twentieth time.

 

“Come on Hae Joo…please pick up the phone.”

End of POV

**************************

 

“Ya…Kangjun-ah...are you trying to kill me with all these good food?” I ask him as he’s taking the food bag from my hand as we walked down the street heading home.

 

“Noona, I’m just trying to make you just forget about the bad things that happens to you. I know only food can comforts you.” He smiled, showing his teeth.

 

“Pabo…this is not food for comfort, this is food to make me fat.” I scrunch his hair and he took a step away.

 

“Ah, noona…it took me hours to style my hair.” He tries to fix it while I laughed seeing his action.

 

“That’s for trying to stuffed me with all this fattening food. If I gained weight, I will kill you.”

 

“Noona, even if you gain weight you’re still pretty and I love you for that.” Kangjun said as he hugged me from my back and had his cheek next to mine. Still, he didn’t let go and giggling in my ears as we continued walking.

 

Yongguk’s POV

I reached at the address that Eun Young gave me and I read it once again to confirm. From the other corner of the house, I heard giggling voices and turn to look at the other side pavement and saw Hae Joo walking in the arm of another guy. The look in her face is happier than she could ever be. I try to hide at the other side of the gate, behind the big tree in front of the house. I took another peek and saw Hae Joo pinched the guy’s nose and he met his forehead with her. It seems like they’re so much in love.

 

I turn to lean back against the tree and hid myself from their view. I felt something warm glides down my cheek. Slowly touching my cheek, I realized it was my tears. *Why am I crying?* I suddenly remembered; that guy is the one that I once saw with Hae Joo a year ago at the café. It was white day, the day where I want to tell Hae Joo that I want her to become someone special in my heart. But seeing that guy with her at the café, they seems happy in each other arms and when the guy kissed Hae Joo's cheek and she kissed him back, it just breaks my heart.

 

That's why I turn to Jieun, since Zinger really wants me to date her even though I don't feel like it, I just go along as I try not to think about Hae Joo and that’s how I started to date Jieun and just take Hae Joo as my best friend. Though it is really hard for me to face the fact that Hae Joo is happy with that guy, I just keep denying my feels towards her until today. I didn’t know that Hae Joo secretly dating and she never told me about that guy.

 

“Hae Joo-ya…why can’t you see me at the first place?”

End of POV.