You Came Back

In Case You Come Back

 

I went down to prepare breakfast for the family before do a little jog around the neighborhood, and when I reached the kitchen, I saw Kangjun and Yongguk were busy making omelets.

 

“Good morning noona!” Kangjun said and later nudge on Yongguk’s arm.

 

“Morning Hae Joo ya…” Yongguk greets me and I answered short.

 

“Morning.” I headed to the fridge and took the milk carton and filled my glass. “Where’s uncle?” I asked Kangjun whilst sipping on the glass.

 

“Oh, appa had emergency call early this morning so he had left to work.”

 

“I see.”

 

“Noona, let’s have breakfast together. Yongguk hyung cook the omelet for us.” Kangjun said as he brings the plate over to the table.

 

“I’m not hungry. I’m going out for a jog.” I told them and headed straight outside. Yongguk called for me but I just walked straight try to ignore him.

 

“Hae Joo, please…stop it!” Yongguk shouted at me as we both reach the front yard. I paused on the spot and felt his hand grabbing my arm from behind. “Please, just listen to what I have to say.” Yongguk begs.

 

“Okay fine. What do you wanna say to me?” I turn to face him and crossed my arms.

 

“I’m sorry okay, if I ever had done anything that hurts you. But could you at least please tell me what have I done wrong until you acted this way? Hae Joo ya, please, I can’t live with you being like this.” Yongguk looks into my eyes with worries.

 

“You really wanna know why? It’s you who can’t decide between friend and love. You called me that night asking me to come and be with you but instead, you make it up to Jieun and have you bother to tell me that you’re okay? No. You didn’t even care about me after she persuaded you. Is that how you treat your best friend? Don’t you know that she’s…?” I didn’t continue what I’m about to tell him.

 

“ What? Tell me Hae Joo” Yongguk urges.

 

“Just forget about it.” I quickly turn around and run away from him because I can’t face this conversation any longer.

********************

 

“Yongguk hyung had left. I feel sorry for him. Noona just being stubborn, why can’t you just forgive him?” Kangjun sat in the corner on the chair, hugging his legs, looking out the window.

 

“Me? Stubborn? Pffft.” I rolled my eyes as I’m trying to find the radio channel.

 

“Isn’t you’re the one who said that you love him but why when he comes here to find you, you just ignored him? You didn’t even give him a chance to explain.” Kangjun turn to look at me with unsatisfied look his face.

 

“Yes I love him, but why I want to waste my time for a guy who doesn’t love me?” I turn the channel and finally it’s on.

 

“But Yongguk hyung…” Kangjun tried to backup for him but being cut off as I turn the volume up.

 

“Hello my lovely listeners, you’re listening to KBS Cool FM, Kiss The Radio. Yeah, as usual, you’re with me, your handsome DJ, Kim Heechul. The weather is pretty cold tonight and it’s a night for warm cup of hot chocolate and snuggle up with your loved ones. For the singles out there, it’s time for you to find love. Very well, we open our line for callers now and we’re going to talk about love. Please do give us a call and share you love stories and send your love and wishes with our hit songs and the number to call is….”

 

“I’m going off to my room.” Kangjun stood up and walked passed me. “It’s just that noona, when you missed a chance you’ll never get another one like this…in life, we only get one shot to mend our mistakes and correct it. I hope that you’ve made the right choice.” Kangjun left the room and his words make me feel like I’ve been thrown down a dark, endless hole. I stood by the radio as I want to hear closely.

 

“Yeah, we have our first caller…hello caller..”

 

“Ah..nae..hello..”

 

*That voice sounds familiar…* I felt goosebumps on my skin hearing the caller’s voice.

 

“Yes, caller…can you please tell me where you’re calling from and your name?”

 

“Yes…I’m calling from somewhere outside Seoul district…I guess it’s better for me not to tell my name…”

 

“Oh…sure...as you wish.. You have a y deep voice (chuckled)…so what’re you going to share with us tonight?

 

“Uh…I want to make a confession to the girl I love…”

 

“Wow…this must be good, okay...take your time and make it a good one…”

 

“Thank you…I have been friends with her since college years and she’s the only one who are closest to me. Of all the friends that I have, she understands me the most and she’s always there for me in the ups and down…but lately she had grown apart from me and I really regret it that I didn’t treat her well..”

 

“Aigoo…what happened? I’m sorry to hear that…”

 

“I made a huge mistake a year ago…I have always left before I get to know the truth and I always left her alone when she needs me. Hae Joo-ya…I’m so sorry…a year ago on white day, I have come to the café earlier to see you, but I saw you with another guy…I thought that you’ve stood me up but only now I get to know that he’s actually your cousin…because of that, I turn to Jieun…” his voice started to sound shaky.

 

“So this girl name is Hae Joo?”DJ Heechul asked.

 

“Nae..” he answered short.

 

I felt like my soul had been ripped off from my body…*Yongguk…why?* I lost my balance and collapsed on the floor. I sat there and started to cry.

 

“Hae Joo-ssi…I hope you’re listening right now…I’m sorry, please continue dear caller…”

 

“It was a huge mistake that I didn’t show up, or even asked you the truth. On that day, I really want to tell you how much I love you and I want to make you my girl but because of seeing you with that cousin of yours make me think that you’ve already found your love. I really shouldn’t turn to other girl because of my frustration and accept her just to forget about you. I was so stupid…please forgive me.” He paused and I cried even harder listening to his confession.

 

“Aaah…it was all misunderstanding…Hae Joo-ssi, I hope you can forgive him…is there anything else that you want to say?”

 

“Yes…Hae Joo ya, I was right. She cheated on me and left me. It’s over between us…please gave me another chance to make it up to you. I know that you feel the same way too and I can see it in your eyes as we talked today…Hae Joo…I just want you to know that I love you, I just can’t imagine living a day without you...please…I really need you right now… I know you’re listening right now…I’ll wait for you here…please come out…”

 

“What?” I stood up and look out the window and saw Yongguk standing right at the front yard, looking up at my window.

 

“Caller, you’re now calling from outside her house? Yaaa…this this so romantic..Hae Joo..just go to him right now…”

 

I ran my way downstairs, despite of the coldness outside, I didn’t bother to grab my sweater or coat or anything. I don’t want him to go; I don’t want to regret all this and missed my only chance. I opened the door and he turned off his phone.

 

“Pabo! You don’t have to tell the world…” I cried saying those words to him.

 

“Hae Joo ya…” Yongguk called my name.

 

“Just shut up!” I ran towards Yongguk and hugged him tight, crying myself out. He hugged me like he never wanna let go.

 

“Why you did this to me?” I said it with my shaky crying voice that sounds more like I’m blabbering nonsense.

 

“I’m sorry, I really am. I’m sorry that for all this time I had treated you badly. I didn’t know that the way I act makes you feel uneasy. I nearly ruin our friendship. I’m sorry.” He hugged me tighter.

 

“I thought that you didn’t know about Jieun and Chunji…I wanted to tell you long before but I’m afraid that it’ll ruin our friendship.i’m afraid that we will grow apart if I told you about it.” I turn to look at him and he wiped my tears

 

“I saw them with my own eyes and it’s over between us and I’ve also listen to your confession on the radio few days ago…that’s why I’m here looking for you. Hae Joo…please, don’t leave me ever again. I have missed one chance and I can’t lose you again.I just don’t want to be hated by you.” Yongguk looked into my eyes with his eyes all teary.

 

“I won’t leave you, please don’t go.” I told him and he cupped my cheek; he wiped my tears with both his thumb.

 

“Hae Joo ya…I love you…” Yongguk leaned forward and landed his soft lips on mine and kissed me. I closed my eyes and fall into his warm passionate kiss. It was the kiss that I’ve been waiting all my life from the guy that I have always loved. He breaks the kiss and smiled as he gazed into my eyes.

 

“I love you too…” I told him and hugged him. He kissed my cheek and whispered in my ears.

 

“Please be mine forever, I wouldn’t want any other girl than you…”

 

THE END

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Please tell me how this story goes...do leave your precious comment...thank you for subscribing and reading my oneshot...kamsahamnida!!!