Five

Life as a 2Works trainee

 

~~~~~~~~~~
 
(Your POV) 
 
It was break time and you've got yourself pasta and fries. You decided to pack the food and eat it at the practice room instead since the cafeteria was quite packed as well. 
 
Once you were walking outside the practice room, you heard someone playing piano from inside the room. You slowly turned the doorknob and peeped inside only to find Daniel playing the piano and singing his emotions out. He was singing to a sad melody and his facial expressions look like as if he was filming an MV for a sad theme or something. He was facing the other side of the room so he didn't really saw you. You tip toed your way in and closed the door behind you. You walked slowly towards him as you admired his voice. His voice sounds so deep yet adorable and his voice can just flutter your heart since it sounds so amazing. By the time you reached behind him, he was done with the song. You heard him breathing in and out loud. 
 
"That was amazing!" You exclaimed causing Daniel to jerk backwards since he got frightened a lil due to the 'ambush'. 
 
"Hey, didn't saw you there!" He exclaimed. 
 
You chuckled a lil, "No wonder you're the main vocalist huh!" 
 
"Of course, of course!" Daniel smirked as you sensed a feeling of proudness in him by his facial expressions. "So, which position do you think you'll be getting in the group?" 
 
"I don't know." You shrugged. 
 
"Hmm, what are you good at?" Daniel raised his eyebrow. 
 
"Well, I can sing, I can dance and I also can rap." You shared. 
 
"Whoa, that's cool! How I wish I'm as talented as you!" He exclaimed. 
 
"Nah, I'm not as talented as you, sunbae-nim!" 
 
Daniel chuckled, "Call me oppa." He winked. 
 
Your heart sank the moment he present to you his oh-so y yet adorable wink and it also caused you to mute for a moment with your mouth hung open.
 
"Yah!" Daniel poked your shoulder causing you to flinch a lil. 
 
"Uh? Yeah?" You murmured. 
 
"Why are you always dreaming away!?" He exclaimed. 
 
"Oh, mianh!" You replied as you quickly gain back all your attention. 
 
"Hey, I'm your sunbae right?" 
 
"Yeah?" You uttered. 
 
"Hmm, then you must obey whatever your sunbae-nim asks for right?" 
 
"If it doesn't cross the limit, why not?" You shrugged. 
 
"Well, then... Your sunbae-nim here demands you to sing for him!" Daniel then smiled from ear to ear with his cute eye smile. 
 
"Huh? Oh! But I've not prepared yet!" You pouted. 
 
"Naw come on! You've heard me sing so now it's my turn! Pretty please?" Daniel pleaded. 
 
"Oh! Can I share my lunch with you rather than sing for you?" 
 
Daniel shook his head, "Nah-uh!" He then crossed his arms across his chest and you knew that that was a sign for you to start singing already. 
 
"Daniel-shi, please! I'm not prepared yet!" You tried your luck for the last time. 
 
Luck apparently was NOT by your side! Daniel pouted and creased his eyebrows. Seeing him disappointed, you decided to give in to him for the very first time since he is apparently the baby of DMTN. He must be so used to getting everything that he wants from his hyungs right? Pfft! 
 
"Alright fine, stubborn ." You blew at your bangs irritatedly. 
 
"YEAY!" Daniel clapped his hands and his ear-to-ear smile was plastered again back on his face. 
 
You cleared your throat and began singing your favorite song while playing the chords on the piano confidently. You've mastered the notes and chords that you don't even need the piano sheet in front of you. 
 
Oh ~ Oh ~ 
Oh ~ Oh ~ 
Oh ~ Oh ~
Yeah yeah ~ 
 
You naega sseureojilddae
Jeoldae heundeullimeopsi
Ganghan nunbicheuro
Myeotbeonigo nal ileukyeojweo
 
And you, na himae gyeoulddae
Seulpeumeul byeolang kkeutkkaji ddo akkimeopsi
Chajawa du son japeun geudaeyegae
 
Nan haejoongae eopneundae
Chorahan najiman
Oneul geudae wihae i norae booleoyo
Tonight geudaeye du noonae
Geu miso dwiae nalwihae gamchweowatdeon
Apeumiboyeoyo
 
You and I together
It just feels so right
Ibyuliran maleulhaedo
Geu nuga mweorahaedo nan geudael jikilgae
 
You and I together
Nae du soneul nochijima
Annyoungiran maleun haedo
Naegae i saesangeun ojik neo hanagiae
 
After you're done singing, you slowly turned to face Daniel to check on why he was so quiet all along. This time, he's the one dreaming! *slaps forehead* 
 
His mouth was hung open, allowing flies to enter, and his eyes were wide. 
 
"Yah! Are you paying attention?!" You budged his arm. 
 
-No response-
 
"Yah! Daniel Chae!" You called out his name. 
 
-Still, no response-
 
"YAH!" You screamed in his ear. 
 
-Still no freaking response from that freak- 
 
"That's it." You mumbled to yourself as you lift up your left leg and stomped it hard downwards onto Daniel's right foot. 
 
"OWWWWW-UCHHHHHHH!" Daniel fortunately regained conscious as he stood up and grabbed his right foot in his hands as he kept jumping up and down with one leg, somehow to ease the pain. Does that even work? 
 
You watched him in pleasure by his funny circus act. You kept giggling and chuckling seeing your sunbae's actions. 
 
"YAH! I thought DMTN is, ehem, MANLY?" You . 
 
Daniel literally stopped jumping and turned to face you with his piercing eyes. "Manly is manly. But stepping on my poor foot? You do know that I just recovered from a foot injury right?" 
 
You gasped, apparently surprised. "Ommo! Mianh! I wasn't aware! Ottoke?! What should I do?! Does it hurt?! Is it even more painful?! Shall I call the other members up?! Who should I call to ask for help?! Do you want me to call you an ambulance?! Do you need me to take you to the hospital for an X-ray?! Does your parents know?! Am I dead if they found out I made it worse?! Ommo! What should I do, Daniel-shi?!" 
 
You didn't know why but after you finished your last sentence, you easily earned a big laughter from Daniel. 
 
"Ommo, why are you laughing?" You looked surprised.  
 
Daniel laughed till his stomach hurt that he had to hold onto his stomach with his hands and he even fell on the floor. He then continued on laughing as he kicked his legs in the air. 
 
"Yah..." You said below your breath. 
 
-Daniel still laughing-
 
"Daniel-shi..." You whispered. 
 
-Daniel still laughing his off- 
 
"That's it... I'm off!" You countered as you raised both your hands in the air as you got up from the piano bench and headed for the door. 
 
Fortunately, Daniel stopped being a mad cow and finally co-operated! 
 
"Oh! Zeanna! I apologise!" Daniel rushed towards you and grabbed hold of your arm. 
 
You turned to face him with your disappointed look. 
 
"I'm sorry I laughed like that just now, I know it's rude. Will you forgive me?" He gave you a puppy-eyed look, but you tried to fight it off. 
 
"That face is not gonna work on me. I'm off!" You gushed away his hand and headed for the door again. 
 
"I'M SORRY! Give me one more chance!" You turned around to see a pleading Daniel. 
 
"No!" You simply stated. You then studied Daniel's disappointed and worried expression. You felt like laughing and you were already laughing in your heart. You only wanted to pull his pants and but he thought it's for real! You thought maybe you could try audition for acting as well! 
 
You then decided to break off the silence as you noticed how stunned Daniel looked. 
 
"Hey, you really thought I was mad?" You wriggled your eyebrows. 
 
Daniel slowly looked up and noticed your mischievous expression. 
 
"You meanie!" He exclaimed as he ruffled your hair. "Don't you know how to respect your sunbae-nim here?" 
 
"You don't deserve my respect!" You debated. 
 
"YAH! How dare you!" Daniel then tickled your tummy causing the two of you to laugh out loud at the entire scene.