Mission-Saver

Tadpoles?

At the park

“Why do you want to meet me here? There’s café nearby.”

Kyungsoo, if you know what I’ve been through these few weeks, you wouldn’t want to talk with me in closed space. Enough with all screaming and yelling I’ve heard before. I don’t mind getting yelled at, but having public watching you quarreled is something quite embarrassing, honestly.

“Uhmm…cuz I’m going to say something important and café isn’t suitable..”

“Oh I see.”

Kyungsoo handed over cup of tea he bought from convenience store before meeting her. “Careful, it’s hot.” She begins to take a sip after saying thanks. Meanwhile, she is trying to build proper sentences inside her head, so that he wouldn’t act just like their other friends. “I know.”

She stopped drinking. Her system suddenly attacked with nervousness but she tried to remain calm. “Ha? Know what Kyungsoo?” She laughed it off and starts sipping again.

“I know you’re trying to get my tadpoles.”

…………………… what?

It was like a horror moment for her. She looks at him and her tea cup fell down instantly, which spilled on her foot. Kyungsoo was shocked as the tea is still hot and quickly pour down mineral water to reduce the pain. “Girl, are you okay?? Let’s go to the clinic!! You just burned yourself!” She kept silence, while watching her foot turns swelling red, but her pain nerves seems like not functioning.

So this is how shocked those boys are…when I asked for their tadpoles. Oh God, this is nightmare.

“Who told you…that?”

“Jongin.”

Jongin, you finished all fried chicken by yourself, embarrassing me at Han River and now you’re trying to fail my mission too? Nice, just nice.

Can I kill you?

“Kyungsoo, it’s not what you think.”

“No, it’s fine.”

It is? Now I’m confused.

“Honestly, I was surprised when Jongin told me….and I wasn’t sure if you’re going to ask for mine..but it does bother me a little bit…I keep thinking, what if you want my tadpoles?”

She gulped down, waiting for his next line. “Okay…then? Actually I’m going to ask for yours today…but since you know about it….so….” Her nervousness again invaded her speech ability. Kyungsoo stares at her intensely, like he’s reading her mind. “I already think about it….and I know you’re going to ask once I received your phone calls.” She didn’t blink an eye, but Kyungsoo’s serious face definitely giving her goosebumps. He barely appears that way, as he’s quite a cheerful man. She’s worried that her request going to destroy their relationship. On inside, she cursed herself for doing this mission. She just realized how selfish she was, but she really needs the tadpoles. “Kyungsoo, you’re not giving me those aren’t you?”

Kyungsoo nodded his head slowly, which crushed her high hopes again. “It’s okay, I figured it out from your face…thanks for tea anyway..” She stood up and tried to walk when pain attacked her nerves.

Oh , I forgot about my foot…damn.

She walks lifelessly, leaving Kyungsoo behind. She’s not sure which one is more painful, her foot or her heart. She was startled when Kyungsoo suddenly grabbed her wrist and put her hand on his shoulder for support. “At least let me walk you home..” She smiled on his courteousness and nodded. They both walk side by side, heading to her house.

“Hey…I don’t mean to reject your wish..it’s just I’ve considered the pro and cons of your request…and I saw too much cons..I’m worried about you too. It’s not easy to be single mother. Why are you doing this?”

Tears begin to brazenly fell over her cheeks, which caused Kyungsoo to feel guilty. He took his hankie out and wiped her cheek softly, but she couldn’t stop sobbing. “Probably because I am crazy?”

“No girl, this is serious. Just shoot. I’m all ears. Just…don’t cry..”

She looked at Kyungsoo, miserably. “I found my omma’s old diary…after she dies……she wrote that she hopes that I could…have children in younger age, just like her did.”

“Then just get married!”

“I need…a kid…not a husband.”

“Oh God, you know how irrelevant your argument now right? That’s merely a hope!” Kyungsoo frowned while helping her to unlock the door. She invited him over for drink, and he happily accepts.

“Yes I know! But I really need to do this. It’s getting on my head, every night, every time and I can’t even sleep! It makes me feel like sinner. I can’t stop thinking!!! That’s why..I said, I’m…crazy.” She starts sobbing again, and he slowly pats her back.

“I couldn’t agree more, you seriously need help. Give me your first aid kit now. We need to get your foot treated.”

“Kyungsoo I don’t mind being crazy and stuff, but please help me! Or else I might end up paying Baekhyun 1 million won just for his tadpoles!” He applied the cream on her burned foot and wraps it with bandage. She slowly stands up and walks to the kitchen.

“You know what? You’re going to be such good husband in future, Kyungsoo.” She smiled while opening her fridge, looking for something to eat. He ruffles his hair crazily, thinking of whether to help her or to ignore her crazy fantasy. Seeing her so weak, he couldn’t afford to broke her heart once again. “Er..talking bout paying Baekhyun…I actually can propose something, but I don’t know if this is a right thing..to do.”

Her eyes gleaming with sudden joy, as Kyungsoo’s statement is like giving hopes to her almost-dead mission. “I’m listening. I can accept everything, except for getting married, do it with someone, take adopted kids, and I’m seriously thinking of paying Baekhyun that much money if I had to. What do you want? Coffee? Tea?”

“Do you have juice? I was kind of…scared with hot drink now. Haha~ No offence.” She laughed seeing how traumatic it was for Kyungsoo today. “Yes, orange juice Kyungsoo?” He nodded and she poured it into glasses. He went to kitchen to help her bringing the drinks to the living room.

“Actually, you can buy .”

“Seriously? Where? Online?”

“Yes online. The price varies based on the so-called donors. But usually the donors would keep their identity hidden.”

She chugged down her drink quickly while staring at him. Kyungsoo feel a little bit uneasy that he drank up the juice in one single breath.

“But Kyungsoo, if I’m going to pay for , I think I better take Baekhyun’s offer. At least I know where it is coming from.”

“It’s cheaper. And I hate to say this, if you take Baekhyun’s, your kid probably inherited his height, which just a little bit tall from myself. Don’t tell him I said that. He’s gonna kill me.”

“Hmmm I don’t think it’s secured enough. I thought Korea does not allow this kind of purchase? Is it legal to do this?”

“Think so too. So I want to suggest another thing. There’s an agency, where you can find suitable donors…and again, cheaper than Baekhyun’s offer. Saw their ads in internet.”

She put down her glass on table, thinking of his suggestion. Buying online looks riskier, and the agency thingy really got her attention. At least she could choose the criteria she wants, and keep it confidential. And Kyungsoo was right, it was cheaper.

“Girl, don’t do anything stupid. Let me know if you ever need advice, even I already gave a wrong one to you today.” He stands up, preparing to leave as it’s getting late.

“Kyungsoo, thanks. Ping me up with the website once you arrive home.” She hugged him happily and he waved her goodbye.

After a shower, she sits in front of her laptop while drying her hair, and saw chat box popped out. Kyungsoo sent her the website he said before.

Puffy Eyes: Hey, this is the website. http://www.motherfather.co.kr. Give it a shot. Hope it helps.

MichiGirl: What a weird..website. Kyungsoo, thanks. I really meant that.

Puffy Eyes: Think again girl. This is going to change your entire life.

MichiGirl: I’ve been thinking too much till I can’t think anymore. Will let you know if I find anything matching. Love you~ Nite! >v<

Puffy Eyes: Nite. Take care girl! Don’t forget to change your bandage!

MichiGirl: Arasso doctor!~

She eagerly clicked on the website he provided and such a colorful website came out, with cute baby song as background music. She read the info stated in intro page slowly.

 

Need a baby? Need a miracle? This is your ultimate heaven.

Our stork is not bringing the baby in weaved basket anymore.

We are bringing it straight to your womb.

ENTER

 

Okay this is scary. But this is what I wanted.

Here goes nothing.

 

She moved her cursor, and clicked ENTER.