Kiss?

Language Barriers

Jonghyun watched Amy’s hair bounced as she ran behind Kennedy. Her blonde curls were turned into a wild mess because of the wind. Jonghyun couldn’t help but find it incredibly y. Cassie looked at him briefly as he gazed at Amy and finished the last part of her ultimate plan. She smiled, looking back forward.

Kennedy stopped abruptly. The girls and Jonghyun halted, looking down at the girl. Her eyes were wide and staring unflinchingly at something. They followed her line of sight. A man talking frantically to a guard was standing close to them. He had brown hair that was unruly and looked like it had been messed up by countless times of fingers running through it. He has simple blue jeans and a white tee. He was wearing tennis shoes.

“PAPA!!” Kennedy called out, running towards him desperately. The group followed her, relief surging through them.

The man turned quickly. His expression lit up when he saw Kennedy. He ran forward and scooped Kennedy up into his arms. Kennedy squealed and giggled, clutching to her father. The man held her close, his expression full of relief and utter happiness. He eventually let go of Kennedy and set her down.

“Don’t you ever wander off like that again! Don’t you know how worried I was?!” He said sternly.

Kennedy nodded quickly. “I won’t Papa. These nice people helped me find you.” She said softly, clutching her dad’s hand.

He looked up, just noticing the three people standing in front of him. A wide smile spread across his face.

“Thank you so much. “ He said, stepping forward. Jonghyun looked up at him. He was about a foot taller than Jonghyun.

Amy smiled. “It was nothing. I’m glad we found you.” She said. Cassie nodded in agreement. Jonghyun, who didn’t understand, smiled blankly.

The man thanked them again and handed them his business card if they ever thought of a way he could repay them. He then took Kennedy’s hand and said goodbye. Kennedy waved as they walked away. The group watched them with smiles on their faces.

 Amy slipped her hand into Jonghyun’s once again and Jonghyun looked at her slowly. Amy looked up at him, a bright smile on her face. Her eyes twinkled at him. Jonghyun’s heart warmed and beat heavily in his chest. He gently bushed a curl out of her face. Amy’s thumb the back of his hand. Their eyes locked and a slight blush bloomed across Amy’s face. A gentle smile spread across Jonghyun’s face and he brushed her blushing cheek briefly.

Cassie cleared next to them. They froze and looked over at her. She looked back at them with raised eyebrows. They looked back at each other and Jonghyun reluctantly dropped his hand. Amy looked down and away, her expression unreadable. Amy looked over at Cassie and Jonghyun continued to gaze at Amy as she continued to his hand with her thumb. What is this sudden urge to kiss her..?

Cassie sighed, giving them a knowing look. Her cell phone rang in bag and she quickly pulled it out.

“Hello?” she answered. Her face slid into a serious one. She made quick short answers and then hung up. She sighed again, looking over at the couple.

“I have to go to work. It’s an emergency. My coworker is going to pick me up. I’ll see you guys later, ok?” She said, quickly to them both.

They looked at her with a shocked expression. She smiled and walked over to Amy.

“See you later, Amy.” She said to her and then whispered in her ear, “Try calling Jonghyun “Oppa”, he’ll like it.”

Amy gave her a strange look. “What?” Cassie grinned at her. She waved goodbye to Jonghyun and ran to the main exit of the park.

The two exchanged a confused glance. They missed the evil grin of Cassie as she ran away. Surely this will help things progress faster...

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

After about 30 minutes of wandering around the park in silence due to the lack of communication and the state of Amy’s dead again phone, they came across a photo booth. Amy pulled Jonghyun toward, eager.  Jonghyun groaned, but didn’t protest. They sat down into the photo booth and Jonghyun became quickly conscious of their close proximity. Amy’s thigh was touching his. He cleared his throat. Amy started to select the settings and Jonghyun secretly watched her out of the corner of his eye. He smiled at her cute mannerisms.

Amy quickly posed as the countdown started and gestured for Jonghyun to do the same. Amy and Jonghyun did a peace sign, smiling at the camera. They quickly grew more comfortable as they took a couple more pictures.  Amy laughed hard as Jonghyun made a funny face. She leaned her head onto Jonghyun’s shoulder for the next picture. Jonghyun blushed, a bright smile spreading across his face. He intertwined his fingers with Amy’s. Amy glanced at him as the countdown started for the last picture. Jonghyun was looking forward at the camera, smiling and waiting for Amy to pose. He squeezed Amy’s hand.
Amy gazed at him and made a last minute decision as the countdown hit the last few seconds. She leaned forward and softly pressed her lips to Jonghyun’s cheek in a kiss as the camera shutter went off. Jonghyun froze and Amy quickly pulled away, blushing fiercely. Jonghyun touched his hand to his cheek and looked at Amy slowly. He felt a blush creep across his own cheeks.

“What...” he muttered.

Amy refused to look at him. He gently lifted her chin to look at him. He searched her eyes and she bit her lip. He moved his hand to rest her soft cheek in his palm. He gazed at her and felt his heart beat wildly. She was so close. He leaned forward slightly and Amy’s lips parted. He swallowed roughly and continued to lean forward.

“Hey buddy. Are you done in there? My kid wants to go in.” A ruff male voice asked outside the photo booth, breaking the moment.

The two broke apart quickly, eyes wide. They realized where they were. Amy quickly got out and apologized to the man and Jonghyun followed her, dazed. Amy quickly grabbed the photos from the dispenser and started to walk away quickly. Jonghyun followed behind her, a million thoughts running through his head.

Does this mean she likes me too…?

Amy put her hands to her face, trying to calm her flaming cheeks. Why did I do that?! Now he’ll know that I like him and things will get awkward! …But wasn’t he about to kiss me...I thought he was…couldn’t be, right?

The two walked separately for a while, both of them contemplating what had just happened. Amy slowed her pace eventually and then the two fell in step. Amy once again avoided eye contact with Jonghyun and an awkward silence passed between them. Jonghyun watched Amy and noticed her flaming ears. He smiled softly. She was embarrassed.

Amy was mentally scolding herself and thinking of a way to get out of this awkward situation when she felt Jonghyun grab her hand. She looked down at their joined hands in surprise and then up at Jonghyun. He smiled down at her and Amy tried to read the look in his eyes.

Jonghyun tried to muster up his courage to say what he wanted to and stepped in front of Amy, closing his eyes briefly and swallowing.

“Oppa.”  He heard her whisper softly.

His eyes shot open. “What?” he asked in English.

“Oppa.” She said again, her innocent eyes looking up at him. Her face was hopeful.

Jonghyun heart skipped a beat. Hearing her call him Oppa in her soft, sweet voice made him grow warm all over. He stepped forward and pulled her into a hug. A wide smile threatened to split his cheeks. He wrapped his arms around his waist and her body seemed to mold into his, as if it was meant to be there. Her chin nestled in the crook of his shoulder and she felt Jonghyun’s warmth spread into her. She wrapped her arms around Jonghyun’s neck and he picked her up and twirled slightly. She giggled happily and Jonghyun hugged her a little tighter. He buried his face in her soft hair. Her smell was intoxicating.

Jonghyun resolved to tell her later that he in fact really liked her and reveled in her warmth.

It can wait...

____________________________________________________________________

/updates chaper and runs