Home?

Language Barriers

Eventually Jonghyun convinced himself that a small girl like Amy could in no way take out a strong and –ahem- tall man like himself.

Jonghyun kept quiet as Amy led him to a parking lot. She glanced back at him, noticing his silence. She bit her lip, not sure how to reassure him. Jonghyun’s eyes were wandering the scenery, keeping an eye out for fangirls. How am I gonna explain why all those girls were chasing us?  He wondered.  He looked at Amy and then down at their joined hands, wondering if he could trust her.

Amy stopped as they came to a small parking lot. She looked around for a minute and then smiled. They started to approach a red, sleek convertible. His eyes widened.  This is her car?! He paused in front of the convertible and he looked at her in confusion when she pulled him along. He stumbled behind her.

She looked back with a bright smile. “Over here.” 

Amy pointed to a small beaten up car. Jonghyun gave her a look and then looked back at the car. He held back a chuckle.  She can’t be serious. Amy pulled out car keys from the bag slung over her shoulder. She waved him over, getting into the driver’s side. He cautiously walked over.  

Jonghyun cringed as the car made a groaning sound when he opened the door. He slid stiffly in next to Amy.  He heard her laugh and quickly glanced at her. She was gazing at him with her arms resting on the wheel. She leaned back in her seat and sighed.

“The car’s not gonna bite you, you know...You can relax.”She said, biting her lip to hold back a smile.

Jonghyun blinked at her, not understanding. She laughed again and shook her head. Amy patted his arm and turned to start the car. He blushed slightly, holding his arm and looking out the window.  

A question popped up into his mind. Where were they going in the first place? He quickly turned to her. He put his hand on her arm, stopping her from pulling out of the parking lot. She gave him a questioning look.

“What?” She asked, looking down at his hand. He quickly dropped it, flushing.

“…Where?..” He asked, his eyebrows knitting together.

She paused for a moment before her eyes lit up in recognition.

“Ah! My home. To call your friends.” She said, pointing to Jonghyun.

He bit his lip. Don’t they have phones in the park? I could get into some serious trouble if I ‘m seen in a women’s house...  He opened his mouth to tell her that she could just take him to the main office, but he quickly shut it as he saw the eager expression on Amy’s face. He felt his reasoning float away and nodded at her, signaling that she could go.

Ahh.. What the heck? How much trouble could it be?  He thought, smiling. Might as well have some fun.

________________________

Jonghyun looked around curiously as they pulled into the parking lot of an apartment complex. Amy got out of the car and he quickly followed. She took his hand again and guided him up a set of stairs.  She stopped in front of a door decorated with a large welcome sign. A line of plants were along the window ledge, giving a cheerful vibe unlike the almost gloomy apartments next to it.

She slipped her key into the lock and let go of Jonghyun’s hand. Jonghyun frowned, quickly taking her hand again when she opened the door. Amy looked back at him and raised her eyebrows. He grinned at her. She laughed, shaking her head.

Jonghyun’s eyes widened as he stepped into the apartment. It was...Cozy. The walls were decorated with pictures of Amy and friends, all of them smiling. A small couch was in the corner along with a flat screen TV. A kitchen and a bedroom were behind a wall dividing the rooms. It was all a warm, brown color and smelled like a mix of Amy and flowers.

Amy tugged at his arm, pointing to a phone sitting on the coffee table. He nodded, watching as she walked into the kitchen. He turned picking up the phone and dialed Key’s number, which he had memorized by heart.

The phone rang a couple times before a familiar voice picked up.

“Hello?” it asked in English.

Jonghyun felt himself slump in relief against the couch. He never knew he would be so relieved to hear Key’s voice.

“Key!! T-T It’s Jonghyun….WHERE ARE YOU?!” he asked.

“Yah! Where are YOU?! You were the one who got lost! We were all so worried! Where are you right now?! OH GOD- DID FANS KIDNAP YOU?!!! DID THEY RAP-“

“NO. “ Jonghyun shouted, cutting short Key Umma’s rant.  He sighed, running a hand through his hair. “I’m fine.”

“Well...where are you? Are you still at the park?” Key asked, obviously worried.

“No, a girl helped me. I’m at her place right now. This is her phone.” He said, glancing back at the direction that Amy had gone.

He heard Key pause.

“Only you...She’s pretty right?” he said, snickering.

Jonghyun blushed, covering his eyes with his hand.

“…Yes.” He grumbled.

“I KNEW IT.” Key shouted. He laughed.

Jonghyun groaned. “Just come get me...”

“Are you sure you want us to?” Key teased.

“Keey!” Jonghyun whined.

Key giggled.

“I’m just playing with you, Jjongie. …But ...There’s a problem.” Key said, his tone becoming serious.

Jonghyun felt a cold rush go over him. He swallowed roughly.

“What?” He asked.

Key sighed.

“We won’t be able to pick you up. We’re in California right now. Manager-hyung had to deal with some things. We won’t be able to come back to Texas for a few days.” He said.

Jonghyun slumped back against the sofa.

“So...I have to fend for myself for the next couple days?”  He said, in disbelief.

Key made a noise, obviously upset that they had had to leave him.

“Jjong, I’m so sorry. We wanted to stay, but we COULDN’T cancel the meetings. We’ll come for you as soon as we can.” He said his voice sad. “Listen, I have to go. Again, I’m so sorry. We love you, Jonghyun. See you in a few days.”

Jonghyun barely managed to answer. “Bye.”

Key hung up.

He set the phone down slowly.

He was alone? How was he going to explain this to Amy? He still hadn’t explained the fangirl situation earlier! What the frick was he going to do now?!

_______________________

Poor Jonghyun. :C  I doubt that the SHINee members would leave him if this actually happened though. XD  Don’t hate me. XDD

ANYWAYS.

Sorry for the loooong wait. I was doing my summer homework. :/ urgh.

<3