Jealous Dino

Language Barriers

Amy pulled away from Jonghyun reluctantly. She coughed awkwardly, turning to Cassie. She glanced at Jonghyun out of the corner of her eye briefly before looking back at Cassie.  Amy suddenly felt embarrassed for hugging Jonghyun.

She felt herself stiffen when she recognized the expression on Cassie’s face. Cassie was planning something. Amy could tell by the wicked glint in her eye. Oh ...

“Hey, Amy...I just got this great idea!” Cassie exclaimed, a wide grin spreading across her face.

“Oh dear god.” Amy muttered under her breath.

Jonghyun looked at Amy curiously. He glanced at Cassie and immediately went rigid. He knew that look. Jonghyun had seen Key wear that exact same look when he was cooking up a wicked scheme. The similarity was actually quite frightening.

“How about we go to Six Flags? It’s one of the main attractions around here!  …Unless you want to go to the water park? “She said in both Korean and English, saying the last part to Amy. Cassie winked with a sly grin on her face.

“NO! No! Six Flags sounds great!  It’s better than just sitting around!” Amy said, a little too quickly.

The grin on Cassie’s face grew even wider when Jonghyun agreed to go. Both Amy and Jonghyun felt a shiver go down their backs.

“This will be a lot of fun!” Cassie exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

Amy groaned mentally and Jonghyun gave Amy a nervous look from the corner of his eye.

What am I getting myself into…?  He wondered.

Cassie turned towards the entrance, grabbing her bag that was hanging on a chair and motioning towards the door.

“Let’s go!”  She said enthusiastically.

Amy grabbed her phone and keys and they followed Cassie reluctantly out the door, sneaking glances at each other.

___________________________________________________

 

Jonghyun gaped as they pulled into the parking lot. He had been to amusement parks before, but none quite this big. He was still staring in wonder when he squeezed himself out of the backseat.

Amy chuckled at the look on Jonghyun’s face. He looked like a little kid. His brown eyes were round and sparkling with amazement and his mouth formed a perfect O.

Before Jonghyun could start walking toward the gate Cassie stopped him. She grinned at him before taking a baseball cap and sunglasses out of her bag. Jonghyun raised his eyebrows and eyed the small bag. How had she fit the hat in there? What was she...Mary Poppins?

He took them with a quick thank you, understanding that she meant to hide his identity. They were going to a crowded place, after all. They couldn’t take any chances. Frankly, Jonghyun had had enough of being chased by fangirls today.

Amy smiled at Jonghyun as he put on the cap and sunglasses. He looked at her, gesturing towards them. She grinned and gave him a thumbs up.

“Very cool.” She said.

Jonghyun turned, blushing slightly at the compliment. He hid a gleeful grin before turning back towards Amy. 

Cassie watched them from the sidelines, a knowing smirk on her lips.

“SOOO...Shall we go?” She asked both Amy and Jonghyun.

They nodded and Cassie led the way into the park gates, handing the man at the front a slip of paper. The man stamped it quickly, smiling and nodding at Cassie as she told him that Amy and Jonghyun were with her.

 Amy smiled at the man as they walked past. He smiled back in a way that made Jonghyun’s stomach twist. The man’s eyes skimmed Amy’s body and he winked at her. Jonghyun took Amy’s hand quickly and glared heatedly at the man over Amy’s shoulder.

Amy looked up at Jonghyun when he took her hand and stifled a laugh. Was he jealous? Amy was used to greasy guys like that, but she couldn’t help the delighted rush that spread through her at Jonghyun’s jealousy.

Even when they had far passed the man at the ticket booth, Jonghyun did not let go of her hand. Amy ducked her head to hide her smile.  She had no complaints. Jonghyun’s hand felt nice in hers.

Cassie looked back and saw them holding hands. She chuckled at their expressions, Jonghyun blushing slightly and giving every boy that passed the evil eye and Amy with her face red and head ducked down.

Jonghyun was suddenly extremely aware of what Amy was wearing. It was a hot Texas day, so she was in shorts and tank top that accented her curves perfectly. He could almost feel the stares of the other men.

“Aish!” he muttered under his breath. He let go of Amy’s hand for a second to slide the sweater off of his shoulders and handing it to her. Jonghyun avoided her eyes.

“Put on!” he muttered.

Amy gave him a blank look. “Huh?”

Jonghyun let out an exasperated sigh. He took the sweater and placed it on her shoulders. “Put on!” he said again, blushing. Amy looked at him for a minute, confused, before it clicked into place. She laughed, making Jonghyun blush more. He grumbled under his breath. Amy slipped the sweater on while giggling.

“So cute...” she said, looking up at Jonghyun with smiling eyes.

Jonghyun felt himself flush and looked away quickly, clearing his throat.  He clenched his hands. They had just walked in and he was already embarrassing himself! His eyes widened as he felt a soft hand unclench his and slid into it gently. Jonghyun looked over at Amy in surprise. She was gazing at him and gave him a soft, reassuring smile. Jonghyun’s heart skipped a beat.

“Let’s go.” She said, giving Jonghyun’s hand a gentle squeeze.

A wide smile spread across Jonghyun’s face as Amy led him forward. Cassie was waiting for them patiently, a small smile on her face.

“Come on, Lovebirds.” Cassie said in English, walking forwards.

Amy blushed and stuck her tongue out at Cassie. Jonghyun watched the exchange and chuckled. He was paying so much attention to Amy that he didn’t notice that they had stopped at a ride until he almost ran into Cassie. He started to apologize to Cassie but the apology was cut off when he looked up. His mouth dropped. They were gonna ride that?!

The rollercoaster towered over them menacingly, with a sickening drop at the very beginning. Jonghyun gulped. Everything about it screamed death trap. He just hoped that he wouldn’t scream like a little girl.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you guys for waiting! ;A;  I had a bad case of writer’s block but I finally got over it! Yaaay! I love you guys so much. I’ll try to update more regularly. Thank you for reading~!  

I cannot express how beautiful the Sherlock teaser photos are. JONGHYUN’S KILLED ME, OK. I’m really looking forward to this comeback.