Beautifully Tragic

"Bittersweet Memories"

KEY'S POV

I watched Taemin go out for lunch with Yoongbin. I don't know why, but that girl gives me the chills. I mean not like the chills you get when you are near a weirdo or anything, but just chills!

The room seems quiet now. I looked around. I could see Minho on the computer and Yeonchan next to him and Onew was teaching Seulchan some Lucifer steps. He seriously has a thing for her. 

I looked at the door again. 

"You should have gone with them," Jonghyun said. 

I glanced sideways. Jonghyn was sitting on the floor with me, his arms behind his head. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Well you obviously wanted to go with them or you wouldn't have looked at the door four times," he said matter-of-factly.

Gee! Who knew he was keeping count?

I didn't answer, but he won't let it go.

"So what's the matter with you? You are awfully silent today."

I shrugged. "I dunno, it's just that chick," I said pointing towards the door. 

"Yoongbin?"

"Yeah..."

"She's cute. I have always wanted a sister like her," Jonghyun said. "And she's awfully short," he laughed.

I couldn't help but laugh too. 

"Dae. She is short." 

"So do you like her?" Jonghyun asked her eyebrows raised.

"No!"

"Oh! Thought you did."

"Besides she has a boyfriend," I muttered. 

I don't know why, but when Seulchan said that she had a boyfriend I got this pang in my heart! And I usually don't get pangs in my heart.

This was frustrating. 

"What is with her dude?" I asked Jonghyun.

"I think you are in love," he said patting my shoulder.

I grunted and shook my head.

Never... I thought.

"She just annoys me. Her mere presence is enough to make me go crazy!" I told Jonghyun. 

Jonghyun looked at me with her eyebrows raised. "Just cut her some slack!"

"I'll try," I said.

But, deep in my heart I knew that I wouldn't 'cut her some slack'. Because as Jonghyun says if I AM in love with her... Well, it just can't happen.

No matter what, I cannot fall for her. I just can't.